The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spfl have tried to play the nice guy card regarding reconstruction, knowing full well NONE of the clubs will vote for a league structure that reduces at least one game from either us or the tarriers at home, 

Can you see the likes of hamilton, at johnstone, livi etc all saying "aye lets knock back a game at home against Rangers or celtic or both, we'd rather play ayr united or dundee united instead, that will make us more money" 

Fucking laughable

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Again, you don't need to say fuck the other clubs. All we need to say at this stage is re-affirm our position that unless the league can be completed it should be rendered null and void.

I agree, that came across as bridge building once again rather than just saying 'pay every club what is available money wise', but no title can be given to them. 

What does this really mean, it seems to be very vague and not specific enough to me:

"Any attempts to railroad changes to existing rules or run roughshod over corporate governance will be opposed in the strongest possible terms"

Here's what I'd do for what its worth

Split the prize money equally by division - ie total pool / 12 for Peom and /10 for other 3 divisions.

Re-structure to 14 Prem and 3 x 10 below with 2 teams promoted from Highland and Southern leagues

NO relegations, top 2 in each league go up 

NO champions declared in any division - promotion granted but no champions declared

Still got Europe to sort out but at least no-one is VOTED champions

Not perfect but better than SPFL essentially blackmailing teams to vote teams champions and relegate others

Just my opinion.

I can’t see how the championship league will get the required 75%.  Only one team benefits, there’s one team getting relegated that will  vote against and teams that was going for the now dud extra promotional place would probably vote against. This is why Rangers must put a stop to league reconstruction which they’ve added in as a carrot for these clubs. 
The premier league will probably only have two voting against it whilst we need one more, giving it the 75%.  

Not sure how this works but surely they need a round the board agreement with all football leagues agreeing. 

5 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I can’t see how the championship league will get the required 75%.  Only one team benefits, there’s one team getting relegated that will  vote against and teams that was going for the now dud extra promotional place would probably vote against. This is why Rangers must put a stop to league reconstruction which they’ve added in as a carrot for these clubs. 
The premier league will probably only have two voting against it whilst we need one more, giving it the 75%.  

Not sure how this works but surely they need a round the board agreement with all football leagues agreeing. 

Any championship club that thinks the alleged engaging in discussions about reconstruction will lead to more than the square root of fuck all need their heads read. But it only needs a few clubs in various leagues to think why not and its served its purpose 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Any championship club that thinks the alleged engaging in discussions about reconstruction will lead to more than the square root of fuck all need their heads read. But it only needs a few of them to think why not and its served its purpose 

Hearts is another who better be under no illusion  league reconstruction is a fallacy. 

Peter Lawwell phones Doncaster “here you get me that fucking trophy, remember who got you your job”.

Doncaster “I am trying Peter but UEFA said.........”

PL jumps in “NEVER MIND UEFA BAWBAG get me that fucking title”

Doncaster “will do boss but I need a bribe of some sort, I will think of something”

And here we are today 😂👍

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Peter Lawwell phones Doncaster “here you get me that fucking trophy, remember who got you your job”.

Doncaster “I am trying Peter but UEFA said.........”

PL jumps in “NEVER MIND UEFA BAWBAG get me that fucking title”

Doncaster “will do boss but I need a bribe of some sort, I will think of something”

And here we are today 😂👍

😂😂

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Aye. All three 'groups' need to be in favour for it to pass.

Rangers emphasising that league reconstruction is kaput is all it’ll take then, championship clubs won’t vote for losing a premier league place. 

Archived