Club statement | Members resolution proposal

OceanRain

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid statement. 

Back in 2012 just about every senior club in Scotland tried to stuff us, so why are we now raising a standard on their behalf ?

Either its building bridges (and we have already seen how that works), or its just a smokescreen for demanding cash for ourselves, I suspect the latter. 

Could also set   a precedent by giving the money dependant on position, then  those positions would be ratified as final positions, a very strange move for our club as the prizewinners would be Cellic and Dundee United, and the losers would be us, Hearts and many lower league clubs. 

Not happy, especially with this bit:

"Nothing is more important than protecting the future of every club in Scotland", You really could not make it up.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Yes and only the completion of 38 games can do that, failing that the league is void.

Failing that, the league has the discretion to end the competition early. If season is void, there's an argument there that clubs have no entitlement to any prize money whatsoever. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Failing that, the league has the discretion to end the competition early. If season is void, there's an argument there that clubs have no entitlement to any prize money whatsoever. 

“There’s an argument”, this is the bit that’s letting you down. Your on the wrong side of this argument. Rangers say 38 games is a must, that’ll do me!

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Payouts have been made across the board. Not the full amounts due based on final positions but us, celtic and Motherwell were all paid a few weeks ago on the basis of reaching the top six while the other nine clubs were all paod on the basis of being in the bottom six. 

Those amounts above are the full total payment for last season that clubs will have received. 

So was it at least £1 million each so far ?

7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

“There’s an argument”, this is the bit that’s letting you down. Your on the wrong side of this argument. Rangers say 38 games is a must, that’ll do me!

Not simply taking Rangers' line is 'letting me down'? So be it. Rangers also want us to do everything to help Scottish football survive this crisis. I'm sure we'll be getting behind the club on that one. 

11 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

That’s the way I read that as well although I’m certainly no expert so Rangers saying it will do me 👍

And as he admitted he is not working can only be his own viewpoint? Therefore knows nothing more than you or me however he wants to come across. 

I am hoping that the Rangers proposal and then null and void is the way forward or better yet UEFA call all leagues null and void. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

So was it at least £1 million each so far ?

Aye somewhere around that. Us, celtic and Motherwell got 400k (plus VAT) at the start of the month for securing a top six place. Rest of them got 200k (plus VAT). 

Just now, badjon said:

And as he admitted he is not working can only be his own viewpoint? Therefore knows nothing more than you or me however he wants to come across. 

I am hoping that the Rangers proposal and then null and void is the way forward or better yet UEFA call all leagues null and void. 

Ive not suggested anything to the contrary today. If its info I've got from clubs etc I'll be upfront about it. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Not simply taking Rangers' line is 'letting me down'? So be it. Rangers also want us to do everything to help Scottish football survive this crisis. I'm sure we'll be getting behind the club on that one. 

Let’s not detract this posts but I never said “the Rangers line” just this specific one.  Your arguing against grass being green and sky being blue just to save face. That’s the last I’m saying on this.

You’ll realise someday that who led you to this assumption  is a fenian. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Let’s not detract this posts but I never said “the Rangers line” just this specific one.  Your arguing against grass being green and sky being blue just to save face. That’s the last I’m saying on this.

So a Rangers ST holder is a fenian because they gave me info that isn't popular with some? Utter nonsense. 

Or the chairman of an SPFL club who came out and criticised celtic's self-interest in pushing this did so because he's a 'fenian'? 

Believe it or not, not everyone that has a different position to Rangers is a 'fenian'. Plenty folk at clubs couldn't give a fuck about us or them. 

9 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Infact, one of the clubs who passed the info to me are quite likely to vote against the proposals, but I'm sure they would only do that to cover their tracks and hide they fact they are 'fenians' 😂

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Infact, one of the clubs who passed the info to me are quite likely to vote against the proposals, but I'm sure they would only do that to cover their tracks and hide they fact they are 'fenians' 😂

Possibly it’s less to do with the person who passed the information to you and more to do with the  author of this fictional information. They would of gifted their team a title by now if the rules were as certain as the author of this information wanted you to believe.  You was too quick to believe this information and that’s evidential on the fact that one of your sources has rubbished it. 

45 minutes ago, TMB said:

Or divide the prize money by 12 and give all teams an equal share considering the financial hardship that has come.  This would be in the best interests of Scottish football.  I don’t think Rangers said this much but their statement did lean towards helping the smaller clubs.

That would be a good gesture if the rest of the top 6 would go for it.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Possibly it’s less to do with the person who passed the information to you and more to do with the  author of this fictional information. They would of gifted their team a title by now if the rules were as certain as the author of this information wanted you to believe.  You was too quick to believe this information and that’s evidential on the fact that one of your sources has rubbished it. 

The 'author'? It came direct from a meeting of clubs and the SPFL and has since largely been borne out.

Who were my sources? Which one of them has since rubbished it?

2 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

All teams have had 1.25m ? 

If that’s the case then a few in bottom six will be in big  trouble  as they won’t be getting much more. 

Not the full amount but the majority of it.

EDIT: Some of them are in big trouble already. St. Mirren admitted yesterday (i think) they had to furlough players to save the clubs existence. They're less than a month from saying they were confident they'd be able to see this out with no financial difficulties.

Just now, The Dude said:

The 'author'? It came direct from a meeting of clubs and the SPFL and has since largely been borne out.

Who were my sources? Which one of them has since rubbished it?

“Or the chairman of an SPFL club who came out and criticised celtic's self-interest in pushing this did so because he's a 'fenian'? “

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

“Or the chairman of an SPFL club who came out and criticised celtic's self-interest in pushing this did so because he's a 'fenian'? “

So he's the source that rubbished it? Which club was my source the chairman of?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

League position "determined in accordance with the rules" would likely see that mean at the end of the season as that is the point when league positions are determined. 

That interpretation would suit some who prefer making a narrative fit.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So he's the source that rubbished it? Which club was my source the chairman of?

Rangers said that 38 games is a must, that is the only source that I’m paying any attention too. 

Looks like they are going to fail in this attempt just as they have in trying to bastardise the rules, what do you think there third attempt is going to look like?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That interpretation would suit some who prefer making a narrative fit.

Its not an 'interpretation' it's pretty black and white that's what the AofA say. "League position, as determined in accordance with the rules..."

Archived