Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

The Record linking us with Saido Berahino and Manuel Benson.

Apparently Berahino starting to live up to potential during spell in Belgium

That Berahino has a ton of baggage.  He was criticised for being lazy in training and got fired from stoke for drink driving. 

Don't know if a guy like that could handle the pressure that comes playing for us and having the Scottish press on your back constantly. 

34 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

The Record linking us with Saido Berahino and Manuel Benson.

Apparently Berahino starting to live up to potential during spell in Belgium

I’d be very surprised if Gerrard or Wilson went anywhere near Berahino.

Gerrard played with Glen Johnson who absolutely slated Berahino along with numerous others. The boys a wrong in and we’d be best staying clear.

8 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Gerrard played with Glen Johnson who absolutely slated Berahino along with numerous others. The boys a wrong in and we’d be best staying clear.

Better not sign him he's a lazy waster who doesn't score 

42 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Gerrard signed Flanagan so I wouldn’t rule anything out tbh.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I would be shocked if we went near him but wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard thinks he can get a tune out of him since he is English and had a somewhat troubled career. 

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

I'm still relatively confident we will go for Jordan Ibe, hasn't worked out at all for him at Bournemouth but could be a shrewd signing if we get the best out of him.

He'd be a great signing. Have the Peadophiles not been interested in him too past year or so? 

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Gerrard signed Flanagan so I wouldn’t rule anything out tbh.

He knew Flanagan tho, deemed he made a terrible mistake and gave him a 2nd chance. Even tho I and many others wish he didn’t.

Berahino has been a car crash everywhere he’s been.

3 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

He knew Flanagan tho, deemed he made a terrible mistake and gave him a 2nd chance. Even tho I and many others wish he didn’t.

Berahino has been a car crash everywhere he’s been.

I know he (Flanagan) never set the place alight but was he really that bad signing? I think he did OK for the purpose he was brought for i.e just filling in here and there. He was never going to be a superstar. 

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I know he (Flanagan) never set the place alight but was he really that bad signing? I think he did OK for the purpose he was brought for i.e just filling in here and there. He was never going to be a superstar. 

He did better in his first season with us. Second he was awful. Didn't get a run of games which never helps. But the right decision to let go.

2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

He did better in his first season with us. Second he was awful. Didn't get a run of games which never helps. But the right decision to let go.

If he was on low wages I'd have kept him as some versatile defensive cover, but I'm not losing any sleep he's gone either. I just don't know what people expected of him tbh he was never brought to be a star.

12 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Spartak away.

That's all I have to say.

The biggest problem with Flanagan is that as a player he was the polar opposite of Tav and/or Barisic as a player. A more experienced manager would probably keep him around so we have the option of a “steady eddy“ for certain games and situations but with the way Gerrard/Beale want us to play we really need a back up full back who is more attack minded like Tav/Barisic so that if either of them are out they can just slot in without it hindering the system we play too much. 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

The whole defence were shocking that night tho ... can't let one bad game define someone's complete time 

Aye you can. He should never have kicked a ball for us again,he's fucking hopeless.

Just now, Sket said:

Aye you can. He should never have kicked a ball for us again,he's fucking hopeless.

He's not great but hopeless is a bit OTT ... for the role he brought to the club for, do you honestly think we'll secure that much better than him for someone who's just there to fill in now and again across the back line? because I don't.

I'm not making a case in his defence (even if it sounds like it) I just don't know what folk expected from him. Keep hearing his name mentioned in Russia but nothing ever said about the rest of the useless cunts at the back?

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

The biggest problem with Flanagan is that as a player he was the polar opposite of Tav and/or Barisic as a player. A more experienced manager would probably keep him around so we have the option of a “steady eddy“ for certain games and situations but with the way Gerrard/Beale want us to play we really need a back up full back who is more attack minded like Tav/Barisic so that if either of them are out they can just slot in without it hindering the system we play too much. 

Only problem is; he was never “steady” he’s made a number of absolute clangers far more than Tav or Barisic. When Flanagan was bad we all knew about it he just fell to pieces.

He had a number of games where he did appear “steady” but he was never consistent with it, he had just as many absolutely shocking games. I think it was to do with his confidence (the same issue most of our players seem to have).

So if he can’t be relied on to be defensively solid and doesn’t provide the attacking outlet that Tav or Barisic do then whats the point of him.

8 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Only problem is; he was never “steady” he’s made a number of absolute clangers far more than Tav or Barisic. When Flanagan was bad we all knew about it he just fell to pieces.

He had a number of games where he did appear “steady” but he was never consistent with it, he had just as many absolutely shocking games. I think it was to do with his confidence (the same issue most of our players seem to have).

So if he can’t be relied on to be defensively solid and doesn’t provide the attacking outlet that Tav or Barisic do then whats the point of him.

By steady I didn’t mean his performances, I was more meaning the style of player that he is.

18 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

That Berahino has a ton of baggage.  He was criticised for being lazy in training and got fired from stoke for drink driving. 

Don't know if a guy like that could handle the pressure that comes playing for us and having the Scottish press on your back constantly. 

Did he not have drug issues at WBA. He does not have the kind of attitude that I suspect our manager likes so just can't see this deal happening.

6 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

Did he not have drug issues at WBA. He does not have the kind of attitude that I suspect our manager likes so just can't see this deal happening.

Hopefully it won't mate. The guy has got way to many issues. 

On 27/05/2020 at 13:18, tomger said:

ForsakenIdolizedGibbon-size_restricted.gif

I love that stupid movie, this is my favourite part

You might know about this, but it wasn't originally in the script. If you watch Jeff Daniels the whole time, he looks utterly perplexed as soon as Carrey asks about the most annoying noise in the world. Then he genuinely bursts a gut laughing because he never expected it. I love how they left it in. 

Archived