Domenech compliments McFadden and Scotland!

Poetry_In_Blue

NOTHING COULD HAVE STOPPED THAT STRIKE

By Ewan Smith

FRANCE coach Raymond Domenech has admitted James McFadden's wonder strike was unstoppable.

Domenech said the goal that won the game for Scotland was one of the best he has ever seen and insisted the ball was in the net before his defence knew what had hit them.

And while Les Bleus keeper Mickael Landreau got a hand on Faddy's flier, Domenech believes nothing could stop the Everton star from scoring the most important goal of his career.

Domenech said: "Instead of looking for faults in our defence or goalkeeper why not give a little congratulations to the Scotland player McFadden for the way he struck the ball? Yes you could argue that all sorts of small things like positioning always count at goals but no one expected him to hit the ball from that distance.

"He struck it so quickly, so cleanly that before we knew it the ball was in the back of the net. The ball was going straight all the way but turned at the last minute. Personally I think Mickael did well to get a hand to it because it was a marvellous strike. It is one of the best goals I have seen.

"But please give Scotland the credit they deserve and don't be negative over their style of play. They are a solid, combative side who defended the danger zone extremely well.

"Their players play with big hearts and what they lack on us in technical ability they make up for with their passion. They aren't top of the group by accident."

Miracles will never cease!

Nice to see that we are getting credit when credit is due and somebody is looking for the positives rather than the negatives in defeat, a refreshing change to hear nice things from Raymond Domenech. Maybe we can go on and qualify now and take confidence from this game. Still feels strange to think that we beat France in Paris though...

I was actually glad to hear this. Credit where it is due, i believe Scott Brown played well for Scotland and jealous he is at parkhead now

Just on your Brown comment, he is a good player but his passing is awfull at times. Ive heard people making comparisons with Roy Keane and Gascoigne and he isnt even on the same planet. Great midfielders need to be good passers at the very least, and he isnt.

Nice to see that we are getting credit when credit is due and somebody is looking for the positives rather than the negatives in defeat, a refreshing change to hear nice things from Raymond Domenech. Maybe we can go on and qualify now and take confidence from this game. Still feels strange to think that we beat France in Paris though...

glad to see that he has given us some credit - though his options were limited now we've beaten them TWICE. :D

I saw an amazing stat on the BBC - in 48 games under RD France have lost only 3. Italy in the World Cup final and the two defeats to us. anyone able to confirm that?

glad to see that he has given us some credit - though his options were limited now we've beaten them TWICE. :D

I saw an amazing stat on the BBC - in 48 games under RD France have lost only 3. Italy in the World Cup final and the two defeats to us. anyone able to confirm that?

That's correct, and the first time France lost in France since 1999