***The Chelsea and Mourinho Thread***

allyharp

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he wont be short of many offers but who? All the big clubs have top managers.

Personally I think it will be a few months off till, Real get rid of Bernd (sp)

first string of bad results and they will punt him and hire Jose

by the way Jose, if sacked will be getting a massive severance package !!!

2 days ago

Mourinho is key to glory - Kenyon

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and chief executive Peter Kenyon

Mourinho (left) is integral to Chelsea's future, says Kenyon

Chief executive Peter Kenyon insists Chelsea's hunger for success will not cost manager Jose Mourinho his job.

Kenyon says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's long-term plans for the Blues include Mourinho at the helm.

He said: "There's loads of speculation that if we don't win Jose gets fired, but that's not the way we think.

"It's about winning in style and building that dynasty, and that's what Roman wants to be part of; Chelsea becoming part of Europe's dynasty."

Former Manchester United chief executive Kenyon revealed Chelsea's desire to become a worldwide brand in the same manner as his former employers.

Kenyon said: "Over a 10-year period, you need two European Cups to be a world club, and you have to dominate your domestic league.

"We have an infrastructure to deal with that and people to deal with it.

606: DEBATE

The term world class is being used far too much, I was wondering who is world class

RR&T

"We will win the Champions League, the question is when," Kenyon says in the Chelsea documentary Blue Revolution.

"We've got a squad, a structure, a belief and we've got quality; I believe the Champions League is not far away."

Kenyon also claims Mourinho is the most similar manager to Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson he has yet seen.

After joining Chelsea in 2003, Kenyon was instrumental in bringing former Porto boss Mourinho to Stamford Bridge to succeed Claudio Ranieri.

The Chelsea chief executive said: "After the first week I didn't feel Ranieri was up to the job. Having been around a winner like Sir Alex, Ranieri certainly didn't come into that class, so we embarked on looking for a new manager.

"We came up with Mourinho who was young and different.

If we win, we want to win stylishly, everyone buys into that

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon

"We'd seen some of the best names but he was hungry and thought differently and I saw he had some of the same qualities as Alex Ferguson.

"He's a winner and we were lucky enough to get him, and I think we've had some success since then."

Kenyon also revealed that Abramovich has concerns about Chelsea's on-field image, and that the Russian billionaire is keen to couple success with style.

"He's passionate about Chelsea; he's passionate about how we are perceived, how we do things. If we win, we want to win stylishly, everyone buys into that.

"He's the best possible thing that could have happened to Chelsea," added Kenyon.

"He's thoughtful, he's strong and he's been a very successful businessman. But he's very different to how anybody would portray him because nobody knows him."

Chelsea are set to name Avram Grant as their new manager replacing former boss Jose Mourinho, BBC Sport understands.

The Israeli, who was the director of football, will now take charge with Steve Clarke as his assistant.

Grant will be named as the new manager at Stamford Bridge later today, BBC Sport's Garry Richardson has revealed.

The 51-year-old, who is a close friend of Roman Abramovich, arrived at Chelsea in the summer and was told by Mourinho not to interfere in team affairs.

Grant, who up until now has held a place on the Chelsea board, arrived at Stamford Bridge after a spell as technical director at Portsmouth.

Previously he guided Israel to the brink of World Cup qualification in 2006 and he has also coached Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Maccabi Haifa.

disappointed hes gone the guy was a real character.

i had a feeling he would go this season with his relationship with abramovich not the best but i am surprised at the timing. i didnt think it would be this early!

talk on SSN about avram grant taken over full time or guus hiddink coming in. on an italian football site they are saying deschamps, capello and lippi are among the favourites!

2 days ago

Mourinho is key to glory - Kenyon

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and chief executive Peter Kenyon

Mourinho (left) is integral to Chelsea's future, says Kenyon

Chief executive Peter Kenyon insists Chelsea's hunger for success will not cost manager Jose Mourinho his job.

Kenyon says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's long-term plans for the Blues include Mourinho at the helm.

He said: "There's loads of speculation that if we don't win Jose gets fired, but that's not the way we think.

"It's about winning in style and building that dynasty, and that's what Roman wants to be part of; Chelsea becoming part of Europe's dynasty."

Former Manchester United chief executive Kenyon revealed Chelsea's desire to become a worldwide brand in the same manner as his former employers.

Kenyon said: "Over a 10-year period, you need two European Cups to be a world club, and you have to dominate your domestic league.

"We have an infrastructure to deal with that and people to deal with it.

606: DEBATE

The term world class is being used far too much, I was wondering who is world class

RR&T

"We will win the Champions League, the question is when," Kenyon says in the Chelsea documentary Blue Revolution.

"We've got a squad, a structure, a belief and we've got quality; I believe the Champions League is not far away."

Kenyon also claims Mourinho is the most similar manager to Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson he has yet seen.

After joining Chelsea in 2003, Kenyon was instrumental in bringing former Porto boss Mourinho to Stamford Bridge to succeed Claudio Ranieri.

The Chelsea chief executive said: "After the first week I didn't feel Ranieri was up to the job. Having been around a winner like Sir Alex, Ranieri certainly didn't come into that class, so we embarked on looking for a new manager.

"We came up with Mourinho who was young and different.

If we win, we want to win stylishly, everyone buys into that

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon

"We'd seen some of the best names but he was hungry and thought differently and I saw he had some of the same qualities as Alex Ferguson.

"He's a winner and we were lucky enough to get him, and I think we've had some success since then."

Kenyon also revealed that Abramovich has concerns about Chelsea's on-field image, and that the Russian billionaire is keen to couple success with style.

"He's passionate about Chelsea; he's passionate about how we are perceived, how we do things. If we win, we want to win stylishly, everyone buys into that.

"He's the best possible thing that could have happened to Chelsea," added Kenyon.

"He's thoughtful, he's strong and he's been a very successful businessman. But he's very different to how anybody would portray him because nobody knows him."

Just proves you can't believe a word football people say in the press.

They are time-proven liars.

according to SSN. odds are evens that he'll still be in charge by the start of next season. mourinhos odds are 4/1 that hes next portugal boss.

Grant is only there til a big name manager loses his job.

according to SSN. odds are evens that he'll still be in charge by the start of next season. mourinhos odds are 4/1 that hes next portugal boss.

Grant is only there til a big name manager loses his job.

i can see hiddink coming in if russia dont qualify for euro 2008. but if grant does a good job maybe abramovich wont want a different manager.