* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, WMT said:

E mail sent. Not my normal form, but fight fire with fire..

I know what you mean, mate. I wish we could go back to the days when supporters could display whatever banner or sing whatever songs they wanted, at a men's working class sporting event ffs. It wouldn't be my form either to go complaining about something like last night, i'd rather we give just as good back.

But thanks to the taigs crying and whinging like 12 year old girls, thinking they're smart with the 'offended by everything bus', that's not the case now.

So they can't have it both ways, despite them thinking they can, so fuck them, get it rammed up them at every opportunity. They started this shite with their organised campaigns, so as you say, fight fire with fire.

Fucking big Ginny Ann's as we say in Northern Ireland, well that, and them thinking they're smart, that we'd only get targeted.

Brilliant the DUP is taking this up, the bold Gregory will be making waves in the right corners no doubt, with their new found 'status'.

About time too, horrible taig bastards, bringing what was a great sporting rivalry to something akin to a game of rounders ffs, if the cunts had their way, well, apart from what their own support get up to! 

They copy and paste that same statement every year

It's always a minority and they always say they will find them and ban them, yet it keeps happening again and again? I don't think it's working....

Bheasts

26 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Liewell woulda seen they banners from his seat n could have ordered them to be taken away 

Police Scotland  obviously seen them n did fuck all 

Stewards seen them also n did fuck all 

They will only have 1 game behind closed doors (before group stages ) if they chunts get that far ,So it's minimum financial loss in gate money 

3 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Liewell woulda seen they banners from his seat n could have ordered them to be taken away 

Police Scotland  obviously seen them n did fuck all 

Stewards seen them also n did fuck all 

They will only have 1 game behind closed doors (before group stages ) if they chunts get that far ,So it's minimum financial loss in gate money 

Might not be dealt with before then though mate

Imagine they had to play their 3 home group stage games behind closed doors? (If they even get there) 

The "world famous selllick park european nights" took away from them? Aw I'd wank mysel silly

19 minutes ago, Jonok said:

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced the following decision:

Match: UEFA Champions League second round qualifying match (first leg) between Linfield FC and Celtic FC played on 14 June in Northern Ireland.

Decision:

Linfield FC

• To order the partial closure of the Linfield FC Stadium during the next (1) UEFA competition match in which Linfield FC would play as the host club, and, in particular Linfield FC shall closed South stand lower sector I of the stadium.

• To fine Linfield FC €10,000

The charges against Linfield FC related to the throwing of objects (Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR) and a field invasion by supporters – (Art. 16 (2) DR).

Celtic FC

• To suspend the Celtic FC player Leigh Griffiths for one (1) UEFA competition match for which he would be otherwise eligible

• To fine Celtic FC €4,500

The charges against Celtic FC related to player Leigh Griffiths – provoking spectators (after the end of the match) – (Art. 15 (1) (a) DR) and improper conduct of the team (5 cards or more) - (Art. 15 (4) DR).

Closing a Stand wouldn't impact Linfield, the only time they would sell out the ground is if they drew us.

10000 Euros is alright as well, compared to what they made.

Overall, i'd say they were happy enough with that.

You'd like to think one would be enough for the rest of their support to make sure TGB stop that kind of thing.

Not because they necessarily disagree with the message but not being able to see their team in a champions league game because of a few fannies would piss a lot of people off.

Last Friday night, Linfield and Celtic met at Windsor Park. Celtic FC had turned down their allocation of tickets for the match and a number of bars in west Belfast showed the match on their premises on large screens for Celtic supporters.

One of these was the Rock Bar on the Falls Road, which describes itself as ‘Ireland’s Biggest Rebel Bar’ and ‘Belfast’s Home to Glasgow Celtic’.

As well as the match, the patrons were entertained by singers Gary Lawlor, Rising of the Moon and Damien Quinn in the upstairs bar and Gerry Og and Spirit of Freedom in the downstairs bar.

Meanwhile, up at the Devenish Arms, the site of the Celtic fanzone, the entertainers were Damien Quinn, The Irish Brigade and Gary Lawlor.

They may not be household names around the world, but the singers are well-known to those with a love of ‘Irish republican culture’.

Damien, Gary and Gerry are all regulars at the weekly ‘Rebel Sunday’ in the Rock Bar and their performances are always appreciated by the enthusiastic patrons.

Quinn has even written a song about ‘Rebel Sunday’ and one line explains that ‘Gerry Og and Damien Quinn sing the songs of the IRA’. Indeed they do. And they are not the only ones.

The ‘rebel music’ repertoire includes republican songs such as My Old Man’s A Provo, My Little Armalite and The IRA Will Set Them Free. The titles alone explain what ‘rebel music’ is about.

You might imagine that The SAM Song is about someone called Sam, but how wrong you would be. It is actually about the delight of an IRA terrorist when the IRA were able to acquire a surface-to-air missile (or SAM).

One of the most popular songs on the ‘rebel music’ scene has the lyrics: “Go on home, British soldiers, go on home/have you got no f****** homes of your own? F*** your Union Jack/we want our country back.”

Another popular rebel song has the title 18 Brits Were Blew To Bits and it is a celebration of IRA atrocities and murders.

These include the massacre of 18 soldiers near Warrenpoint, the murder of nine RUC officers in a mortar attack in Newry, the murder of Lord Mountbatten and the killings of Lord Justice Maurice Gibson and his wife, Lady Cecily.

It is a litany of death and yet customers dance to it and sing along, celebrating the IRA bombs and the slaughter.

At the Warrenpoint inquest, a doctor said he found dead and injured men, scattered limbs and decapitated bodies, but some people seem to think that these murders are a good subject for pumped-up, alcohol-fuelled entertainment.

Of course, such ‘rebel music’ is not limited to bars and clubs in west Belfast. The same songs can be heard any week of the year at many venues elsewhere in Northern Ireland, the Republic and some parts of Scotland.

There is a whole Irish rebel music scene and it is popular, but it is ugly, it is sectarian and it is poisonous.

Songs have the power to mould and motivate, so what sort of influence is there in songs such as these?

You may remember the Sinn Fein election posters demanding ‘respect’ and you may have heard Michelle O’Neill and other Sinn Fein politicians talking about the importance of “respect”.

So here is a question for Michelle O’Neill: where is the respect for the innocent victims of the IRA?

Where is the respect for the families of those who were so callously murdered by the IRA?

The ‘18 Brits’ were 18 young men and they had families, so where is the respect for those who still mourn the loss of their loved ones? The nine police officers had families too, so where is the respect for them?

If we are to build a shared and better future in Northern Ireland, then there are many issues that must be addressed.

And when that list of issues is being drawn up, then surely this dark underbelly of Irish culture has to be one of them?

Belfast Telegraph Digital

^^ Great article there. If only Scottish journos had the balls to hit out at these songs, but instead their "amazing noise" gets praised over here, so fucking backwards it's unreal

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

^^ Great article there. If only Scottish journos had the balls to hit out at these songs, but instead their "amazing noise" gets praised over here, so fucking backwards it's unreal

I think a lot comes from the fact that UK media are scared shiteless of anything to do with NI I used to come home and say to mates did you hear about x amount of shootings or cunts tied to rail tracks and there was never a mention here.

I hope that Belfast Telegraph article is spread far and wide for all to see what those scumbag bastards are all about.

55 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Interesting that none of the media coverage I have read so far explains what those banners actually represented. It's as though journos and editors are afraid to deal with the reality of what happened last night. 

To the uninitiated reading the press, they will know the banners were judged illicit but perhaps not understand why. It should be explained that they portrayed an IRA volunteer and compared Brendan Rodgers to an IRA sniper. 

That's a huge failure on the media's part whose job is to inform the public.

Yeah, most papers etc say 'A banner' (referring to the provo image), whereas it was actually three banners and singing. You're right. Nobody seems to want to discuss what the images represent.

Also, from what I hear talking to a couple of tims today, it was widespread IRA chanting this time, not just the goon brigade. As in, across the entire stadium. 

8 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

That's because Scotland is full of shitebags

41 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Closing a Stand wouldn't impact Linfield, the only time they would sell out the ground is if they drew us.

10000 Euros is alright as well, compared to what they made.

Overall, i'd say they were happy enough with that.

our usual crowd for a euro tie is about 5000 will have no impact

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Apologies for the content but remember we got done for fan footage in Osasuna? Surely the same will happen here...?

What a fucking joke they had a chance to come to Belfast last week and go to a fanzone  and these cunts bottled it.Last night 1200 bluemen confronted and mocked them on London Road and these brave republicans(no sniggering at the back) again bottled it.

4 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

What a fucking joke they had a chance to come to Belfast last week and go to a fanzone  and these cunts bottled it.Last night 1200 bluemen confronted and mocked them on London Road and these brave republicans(no sniggering at the back) again bottled it.

When I see that video I actually just want to wade into them with a 4ft shield and a baton gun bouncing them off there skulls.

13 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

When I see that video I actually just want to wade into them with a 4ft shield and a baton gun bouncing them off there skulls.

Calm down, brother, keep your powder dry.

22 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Apologies for the content but remember we got done for fan footage in Osasuna? Surely the same will happen here...?

I don't do Twitter but someone should send that to UEFA explaining what it is and why it's offensive and ask for it to considered alongside the other evidence of political activity by Celtic fans at last night's game. 

5 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

I don't do Twitter but someone should send that to UEFA explaining what it is and why it's offensive and ask for it to considered alongside the other evidence of political activity by Celtic fans at last night's game. 

Indeed, because remember what happened to us when we were convicted of singing sectarian songs... banned from Eindhoven.

Surely if we were banned UEFA MUST act on this as well. 

Archived