Why arent we using the fact we made a European Final to attract players?

We have all summer......

We werent slow to bid for Reynolds and go out our way to start talks with Kenny Miller.

We not show the same urgency and target some quality?

who says who we are and aren't targeting??

Up until today no one had any idea we were interested in Reynolds

So who is to say who else we are interested in quality wise??

Check the transfer forum.

Ive been saying for 3 weeks Rangers will bid for Reynolds

The transfer forum are reported news articles, nothing definite, most of it is probably gossip, as for what you were saying about Reynolds, maybe so, but there was not one single report in any newspaper saying we were going to bid for him that is the difference.

We don't know who Rangers are going to try and attract/sign the only two who we know about that are probably definites is Reynolds and Miller. There is a long time to go, and let's be honest Cuellar wasn't being splashed about the newspapers last season until after we made an initial bid, JCD came out of the blue as did Cousin.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Rangers conduct their transfer dealings, everyone knows who we are after before we even bid or get a chance to talk to the player

No we don't.

How many knew about Kevin Thomson??

How many knew about JCD??

How many knew about Cousin??

(tu)

Going back a few years the media were caught on the hop with a lot of our signings. Most of the time they didnt know till Rangers unvieled them or at the very best they would find out the day before a player sigmed. I'm thinking along the lines of MoJo, Gazza, R. De Boer, Hartson :P

I have a sneaky feeling we are going to get get at least one major name this summer

Fingers crossed

Mojo,Gazza even De Boer and Hartson.... was before this Media driven updates every 5 minutes on, who signing for who or linked with a Club World!

If were linked with a player or even a slight sniff of a player, it will be reported somewhere in the press.

Thats just the way it is now :(

The point DB is how do you know who we are and aren't linked with??

Reading it in a paper isn't exactly proof. Just because papers say so doesn't make it fact.

Other than KM who Rangers have actually said they are interested in and MR where a bid has been rejected, the rest is just paper talk.

Walter just said he wouldn't rule out Kenny Miller,It's the same thing about Davis, and even Luke Moore in Januray!

Rangers don't release statements saying were Interested in a Player,Infact the Only time we said we were interested in a player, is when were trying to sell the last of the Season tickets remember Pizarro.Or we release a Statement like the £700million Stadium Plans when we just sold Hutton.

No Doubt Rangers PR machine will be out towards the last 2 weeks of the Transfer Window,I wonder if SDM will dig out the Stadium plans again <_<

I know that. That's why I said other than KM who rangers have said they are interested in

But out of the others we are linked with we haven't actually said we are interested in any of them. It is just paper talk.

With the exception of Steve Davis but I never included him sine he played for us for half a season and it was obvious we would want him to stay.

Even the apparent Kyle Lafferty bid doesn't hold much water. No one has any idea how much we bid or if we even did bid. It was just in a paper that we had.

It's not Rangers style to go out and say.... Yes were Interested in this Player!

Infact Rangers as a Club don't raise anything positive to the press Full stop.

We should have sent out a Signal that were back,by tying up some good Bosmans or even being linked with some quality players, lets raise the profile of the club!

Infact Releasing a Statement saying that Carlos Cuellar was not for sale, or slapping a crazy price tag on his head would have sent out positive signs.

But what did we do....Walter comes out at the end of the season and say, we'll try to keep Cuellar and were only adding Quality to the squad then up step Kenny Miller, it sends out the wrong signals.

Sorry but what a load of pish.

We have no idea who we are in for. 95% of the names coming out atm are made up to fill the back pages.

It's the start of June. We have near 3 MONTHS left in this transfer window. Oh and have you ever thought some of these "bosmans" might not want to come and play in the SPHell? That we have made contact and they dont want to come? This isn't football manager.

I heard the same thing in January it's just the start of the window.

It's history repeating it's self all over again IMO

January Window is a farse. Should be dropped IMO. Summer window is completly different, very little happens across europe. It's all about the summer, we all know that.

I'm giving it a few months before i start to worry about our team and the season ahead unlike ALOT of people on this board. Give Walter and Ally time.

We don't have time to sit back and wait, Walter and Ally should have scouts at Euro2008 or one of them should be there,Seeing if we have any chance of bringing some Quality to the squad, Players agents and players will be screaming out to impress potential clubs.

Rangers will have to act fast or yet again we will be 2nd best (td)

Mate EURO 2008 hasn't started yet. Little point in having scouts there, the stadiums are empty.

There may well be scouts there when it does start however. Don't give up all hope.

Euro2008 starts this Saturday we should be there

How do you know we're not there? Cos some shitty tabloid said so :(

Well as far as i know were all on Holiday.

How do you know we are there Blind Faith?

The way Rangers conduct their transfer dealings, everyone knows who we are after before we even bid or get a chance to talk to the player

No we don't.

(tu)

Going back a few years the media were caught on the hop with a lot of our signings. Most of the time they didnt know till Rangers unvieled them or at the very best they would find out the day before a player sigmed. I'm thinking along the lines of MoJo, Gazza, R. De Boer, Hartson :P

I have a sneaky feeling we are going to get get at least one major name this summer

Fingers crossed

Mojo,Gazza even De Boer and Hartson.... was before this Media driven updates every 5 minutes on, who signing for who or linked with a Club World!

If were linked with a player or even a slight sniff of a player, it will be reported somewhere in the press.

Reading it in a paper isn't exactly proof. Just because papers say so doesn't make it fact.

Other than KM who Rangers have actually said they are interested in and MR where a bid has been rejected, the rest is just paper talk.

Walter just said he wouldn't rule out Kenny Miller,It's the same thing about Davis, and even Luke Moore in Januray!

Rangers don't release statements saying were Interested in a Player,Infact the Only time we said we were interested in a player, is when were trying to sell the last of the Season tickets remember Pizarro.Or we release a Statement like the £700million Stadium Plans when we just sold Hutton.

No Doubt Rangers PR machine will be out towards the last 2 weeks of the Transfer Window,I wonder if SDM will dig out the Stadium plans again <_<

I know that. That's why I said other than KM who rangers have said they are interested in

But out of the others we are linked with we haven't actually said we are interested in any of them. It is just paper talk.

With the exception of Steve Davis but I never included him sine he played for us for half a season and it was obvious we would want him to stay.

Even the apparent Kyle Lafferty bid doesn't hold much water. No one has any idea how much we bid or if we even did bid. It was just in a paper that we had.

It's not Rangers style to go out and say.... Yes were Interested in this Player!

We should have sent out a Signal that were back,by tying up some good Bosmans or even being linked with some quality players, lets raise the profile of the club!

Infact Releasing a Statement saying that Carlos Cuellar was not for sale, or slapping a crazy price tag on his head would have sent out positive signs.

But what did we do....Walter comes out at the end of the season and say, we'll try to keep Cuellar and were only adding Quality to the squad then up step Kenny Miller, it sends out the wrong signals.

Mate you're cotradicting yourself. If it isn't Rangers' style to say we are interested in that player, then how can we be linked with quality players??

That doesn't make sense.

We could have tried to sign bosmans. maybe they didn't want to join. Maybe we are still looking.

The only fact we know for sure is that we don't know anything

No we don't.

(tu)

Fingers crossed

Mate you're cotradicting yourself. If it isn't Rangers' style to say we are interested in that player, then how can we be linked with quality players??

That doesn't make sense.

We could have tried to sign bosmans. maybe they didn't want to join. Maybe we are still looking.

The only fact we know for sure is that we don't know anything

It isn't Rangers Style, but we should be Making it our Style to Raise the Profile of the club

We have no idea who we are in for. 95% of the names coming out atm are made up to fill the back pages.

It's the start of June. We have near 3 MONTHS left in this transfer window. Oh and have you ever thought some of these "bosmans" might not want to come and play in the SPHell? That we have made contact and they dont want to come? This isn't football manager.

January Window is a farse. Should be dropped IMO. Summer window is completly different, very little happens across europe. It's all about the summer, we all know that.

I'm giving it a few months before i start to worry about our team and the season ahead unlike ALOT of people on this board. Give Walter and Ally time.

We don't have time to sit back and wait, Walter and Ally should have scouts at Euro2008 or one of them should be there,Seeing if we have any chance of bringing some Quality to the squad, Players agents and players will be screaming out to impress potential clubs.

Mate EURO 2008 hasn't started yet. Little point in having scouts there, the stadiums are empty.

There may well be scouts there when it does start however. Don't give up all hope.

Have i said they are going to be there?

I'm guessing walter and Ally must like football. Just a random guess you know, being former players and managers. Guess they might wana watch a few games on the old telebox over the summer. Man they've got the time, not as if they're oout there looking for players to buy. Sure they've heard the Euros are on this year with them being in the football business and all that....

Anyways i could be completely wrong there, just a stab in the dark. They'll prob sit in a dark room playing gameboy all summer.

How do you know there are no scouts going? Blind pessimism?

So far you have offered nothing but negatives in this thread as per usual.

We have 1 scout Ewan Chester and i bet he's on Holiday.

Unless Ally McCoist is doing some TV work out there we'll send nobody out which is poor

Walter will probably tune in tho..... or Sky+ it.

The way we conduct business is a joke, no wonder i'm not full of Blind faith!

Unless Ally McCoist is doing some TV work out there we'll send nobody out which is poor

why do you bet he is on holiday??

How do you know we wont send anyone unless AM is working out there??

Have i said they are going to be there?

I'm guessing walter and Ally must like football. Just a random guess you know, being former players and managers. Guess they might wana watch a few games on the old telebox over the summer. Man they've got the time, not as if they're oout there looking for players to buy. Sure they've heard the Euros are on this year with them being in the football business and all that....

Anyways i could be completely wrong there, just a stab in the dark. They'll prob sit in a dark room playing gameboy all summer.

Oh no doubt they'll tune in, unless there round at one of Kirk Broadfoot Pro Evo nights :lol:

Cause thats how we do Business

He has a team though who report back to him.

How do you know how Rangers run business??? Do they run it past you first??

You have no idea how Rangers is run. You only suppose and guess that is how it is done.

Yeah for youth players, Not for 1st team players as far as i know.... thats how Iain Durrant, and for a while John Brown were used a scouts before he went to Clyde!

But saying that John Brown can spot a player, he was the one the Spotted Carlos Cuellar (tu)

You have no idea how Rangers is run. You only suppose and guess that is how it is done.

A blind man and his dog can see how Rangers, have ran there business in the last decade!

Unfortunately Steely, that is the way certain posters would like us to see Rangers.

For a team who are so bad at business we haven't done so badly this season. Debt all but wiped out and cash to spend. Three finals and a possible last day win in the league.

The original poster and his pal DB generally have nothing positive to say about Rangers anyway. :rolleyes:

Ewan Chesters team.

2h6t3sg.jpg

Ewan Chesters team.

2h6t3sg.jpg

:lol:

Unfortunately Steely, that is the way certain posters would like us to see Rangers.

For a team who are so bad at business we haven't done so badly this season. Debt all but wiped out and cash to spend. Three finals and a possible last day win in the league.

The original poster and his pal DB generally have nothing positive to say about Rangers anyway. :rolleyes:

Aye I know that mate. They don't and offer nothing to there posts to back up what they are saying. The original poster stopped posting after getting asked too many questions

A blind man and his dog can see how Rangers, have ran there business in the last decade!

And how have they run business mate???

As it's close season at the moment we don't know how any of the staff are going to be utilised, it isn't going to be long before pre-season starts as we have to do qualifiers for the CL so blokes like Brown and Durranty might go out to the Ueros, we might also use the Old Boy network like Dado and anybody else we know who will be out there?

No very Good Mate!!!

You have been on the site long enough.... to know my views on how Rangers and how they conduct Business.

Aye I know that mate. They don't and offer nothing to there posts to back up what they are saying. The original poster stopped posting after getting asked too many questions

I think BlueDignity must be psychic. :lol:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67762

No very Good Mate!!!

You have been on the site long enough.... to know my views on how Rangers and how they conduct Business.

so tell me what you think mate. With regards to signing players and what not, how to they conduct business. In my opinion it is much better not to be linked with players because that gets other teams interested and al of a sudden there is a fight for the player and inflated prices.

You always insult the scouting network but you have no idea how it is run. You only assume.

As it's close season at the moment we don't know how any of the staff are going to be utilised, it isn't going to be long before pre-season starts as we have to do qualifiers for the CL so blokes like Brown and Durranty might go out to the Ueros, we might also use the Old Boy network like Dado and anybody else we know who will be out there?

I think Dado Prso must be getting a cut off the players agents cause he's trying to get the full Croatia national team to come to Glasgow :lol:

We've had Leko,Vukojević and Klasnic all linked with the Oldfirm in the last couple of weeks.