Fulham want cash deal for Davis

Fulham want cash deal for Davis

Rangers will no longer be able to use Daniel Cousin to part-finance the signing of Fulham's Steven Davis.

Davis' agent, Rob Segal, claims the London club have ended their interest in the powerful Gabon striker.

The effect on Rangers is that they must now table a cash-only offer for the Northern Irishman to keep him at Ibrox.

Davis arrived from Craven Cottage on loan in January and is interested in a permanent move north, but could opt to fight for regular football at Fulham.

Segal said: "There is a certain amount of urgency now because I think Rangers are back in training in a few weeks and Steven definitely wants it concluded.

"The clubs are in conversation to see if they can come to an agreement. Hopefully we are heading in the right direction."

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Can Rangers afford to sign Steven Davis from Fulham?

The midfielder had a successful four months at the end of last season and produced some excellent performances in Rangers' Uefa Cup run, particularly against Sporting Lisbon in the quarter-final second-leg tie.

His tenacity, stamina and clever use of the ball will have impressed Walter Smith.

Now the Rangers manager must decide if he can afford to spend a large chunk of his transfer budget on a single player.

Smith's decision would be aided, of course, if the Ibrox club could find another team interested in Cousin, who has made it clear his desire to play in the Premier League in England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7455445.stm

If we can afford 2 million for fucking Kenny Miller i'm sure we can afford the 3 or 4 million for Davis.

sadley not.

£2millin is a bulk of our transfer budget, we dont have £4million to spend on a needed player. Never mind £4millon on someone who is going to be played out of position.

If we can afford 2 million for fucking Kenny Miller i'm sure we can afford the 3 or 4 million for Davis.

sadley not.

£2millin is a bulk of our transfer budget, we dont have £4million to spend on a needed player. Never mind £4millon on someone who is going to be played out of position.

RDB who are you getting your information from that tells you £2 million is the bulk of our transfer money???

No one has a clue (apart from yourself) how much money we have. The quotes in the paper are anywhere between £3 million and £20 million, so who is your contact that tells you £2 million is the bulk of our money???

sadley not.

RDB who are you getting your information from that tells you £2 million is the bulk of our transfer money???

No one has a clue (apart from yourself) how much money we have. The quotes in the paper are anywhere between £3 million and £20 million, so who is your contact that tells you £2 million is the bulk of our money???

Do you think SDM will let WS spend anywere near 20million again this season not a chance. Big money signings, need big money wages. Davis for Four million would be the biggest and best we'll get if, if he does come.

sadley not.

Don't talk shite. We were in a far worse position financially last year and still spent over 10 million.

sadley not.

Do you think SDM will let WS spend anywere near 20million again this season not a chance. Big money signings, need big money wages. Davis for Four million would be the biggest and best we'll get if, if he does come.

So what you really mean is that you are just guessing.

What do you mean by again this season?? He never spent £20 million last season.

I wager you are taking your dislike of Murray and trying to turn it into something personal between himself and Rangers. To try and convince yourself that he doesn't like Rangers so wont give them any money.

Why not wait and see mate?? At the end of the transfer window, if we have spent upwards of 12-15 million will you be willing to put your hands up and admit you were wrong?? Or will will you defend your stance by trying to justify it with something else you see as a wrong from Murray??

I wont say Murray is the best chairman. He does a lot wrong. But I am almost sure he does in the knowledge that he believes he is doing good and it just dosn't come off. We all make mistakes. To err is only human. But he does do a lot wrong.

I still don't think you can call 2 million the bulk of our transfer kitty just because you don't believe he will give WS any more than that, or just slightly more.

sadley not.

I smell shite. And its coming for that post.

And some on here rage at the press making things up? You plucked those figures straight out of your imagination.

You don't have any more of a clue than the rest of us what we might spend.

Hysterical!

I like Davis but I'm beginning to think I'd want a real winger instead of signing him if we're gonnae play the wee man on the right.

My thoughts exactly. (tu)

Good point. The fact is that Davis faded badly after a great start. If WS wants to play him as a right winger we should NOT buy him. We need a proper RW and some class in midfield. Real class we do not have now. We will likely get that DU kid!

D Cousin will still be with us as no one will want that nutter after his stupidity last season vs Fiorentina and DU.

I like Davis but I'm beginning to think I'd want a real winger instead of signing him if we're gonnae play the wee man on the right.

My thoughts exactly. (tu)

Good point. The fact is that Davis faded badly after a great start. If WS wants to play him as a right winger we should NOT buy him. We need a proper RW and some class in midfield. Real class we do not have now. We will likely get that DU kid!

D Cousin will still be with us as no one will want that nutter after his stupidity last season vs Fiorentina and DU.

Very sad, but, unfortunatley very true. :angry2:

I dont think we can afford £2m for Miller thats the thing - sadly Walter has blown a large proportion of his War Chest on an ordinary player like KM meaning we will now lose out on good players like Davis

sadley not.

So what you really mean is that you are just guessing.

What do you mean by again this season?? He never spent £20 million last season.

I wager you are taking your dislike of Murray and trying to turn it into something personal between himself and Rangers. To try and convince yourself that he doesn't like Rangers so wont give them any money.

Why not wait and see mate?? At the end of the transfer window, if we have spent upwards of 12-15 million will you be willing to put your hands up and admit you were wrong?? Or will will you defend your stance by trying to justify it with something else you see as a wrong from Murray??

I wont say Murray is the best chairman. He does a lot wrong. But I am almost sure he does in the knowledge that he believes he is doing good and it just dosn't come off. We all make mistakes. To err is only human. But he does do a lot wrong.

I still don't think you can call 2 million the bulk of our transfer kitty just because you don't believe he will give WS any more than that, or just slightly more.

We spent £14million last season. To rebuild a squad.

Unless players are sold, we wont go anywere near that.

£8million at most, is what I think we will spend. Im not saying thats what we are going to, but people who think were going to spend upto £20million, do you really think murray would spend £34million on new players within 12 months. Not a hope, we simply dont have the money, but people say the uefa cup run. we have just taken out a loan of £22million, so im pretty sure, again not 100%, some of the money will be put aside to cover that. The Hutton transfer, was meant to go straight back into the team, but that and the champions league money covered our signings last season.

Wonder if we're struggling to offload Cousin?

I don't think we will.

I reckon a mid-table English side would take a gamble on him. There is a quality player behind that attitude problem of his, and you just need to look at the likes of Anelka to see that clubs are willing to take the chance. Speaking of Anelka, another thing he has in common with him is his agent - a Mr William McKay. A complete twat of a man, but incredibly good at his job.

For those reasons, I think we will get our £3m fee for him.