Cuellar is going nowhere

Carlos Cuellar returned to Glasgow today to prepare for the beginning of his pre-season with Rangers.

And the Spanish star has pledged his future to the Ibrox club - with his agent insisting the 26-year-old defender is going nowhere.

Cuellar has been linked with £9million moves to Sunderland and Newcastle after an outstanding debut season last time around.

There has also been talk of Rangers offering him a wage rise and contract extension, as they did with Allan McGregor last week to secure another of their prize assets. But fans fears that Cuellar would be sold for major money this summer appear to be unfounded, with the former Osasuna man extremely happy with life in Scotland.

His agent, Pedro Bravo, said today: "Every footballer in the world would take more money if it was offered. Carlos isn't driven by that.

"He is happy with the money, the terms and the length of the contract at Rangers so there will be no talks, I have already told Rangers he wants to stay in Glasgow.

"Carlos has found happiness in his life. And in Walter Smith he has a coach who he does not only respect him professionally, but also as a human being. That's why he is content.

"I told them all at the Uefa Cup Final that Carlos will never seek a move from Rangers.

"There may come a day when Rangers have an unbelievable offer that works for them and Carlos. But unless that happens, he is staying."

That is the sort of attitude I like to read about a player, Long Live the King! :rangers: :bouncy: :rangers:

King Carlos is an absolute hero!

He gives 200% each time he pulls on the light blue jersey!

I dont think i have ever seen a defender make and win as many tackles as he does!

A true Teddy Bear and a LEGEND in the making!

This is fantastic news. I just wish there was more guys like this in the game!

Sadly I heard all this before from JAB.

The test is if he is still here come the end of the window. If so, then I will believe it :)

Cynical loyal.

'Every professional footballer in the world would take more money if it was given to them, but Carlos isn't driven by that,' said Bravo.

'He's happy with the money, the terms and the length of his contract at Rangers - so there will be no talks.

'I have already told Rangers he wants to stay in Glasgow.'

How many times do you hear that from a player's agent? Very very rare

Sadly I heard all this before from JAB.

The test is if he is still here come the end of the window. If so, then I will believe it :)

Cynical loyal.

Surprised it took so long before someone posted something negative. :rolleyes::D

Didn't disappoint did I :rangers:

Goot to hear. He seems to be rarity amongst the modern breed of footballer then, i.e not cash driven.

I agree with the the comments about him being our next captain, he certainly has the attributes and seems to

be the kind of man we want to be our club captain in the not to distant future.

Myself and my mates met him few months back and he seemed a genuine good guy, had plenty of time to

talk to us.

King Carlos the Rangers centre half! ( and future captain? )

After reading that.. I might let Carlos shag my missus.

I'm convinced King Carlos is actually gay.

But, if I am wrong, I too will let him shag your missus :pipe:

After reading that.. I might let Carlos shag my missus.

I'm convinced King Carlos is actually gay.

But, if I am wrong, I too will let him shag your missus :pipe:

Ah well even if he is.. ok.. he can shag me... and I am defo not gay. lol