How far can Lyon go in the Champions League?

With qualification all but confirmed, French giants Lyon will embark on another Champions League journey, but with a slightly different look to their side.

Big players such as Juninho and Benzema have left during the summer, but they have strengthened with some wise buys. Lisandro Lopez and Bafetembi Gomis are the stand out names, but how far can they go in this years Champions League?

Over the past 6 or 7 years, Lyon have always been seen as the dark horses. Domination in their domestic league never really projected to European success, with the quarter finals the furthest they have been. It always seems to be that they are put out by the bigger teams such as Man Utd, Barcelona and Milan.

With the big names and egos gone, this Lyon side could prove tricky opponents and I wouldn't bet against them causing an upset somewhere along the way.

hard to say on last nights performance as it was SOOOOOOO easy for them it was unreal , Anderlecht looked liked they didnt want to be there gave each lyon player 5 yards of space when they were on the ball allowing them to do as tehy please .

usual maybe a last 16 pushing last 8 for them i feel but nothing is certain in Football

They've always had the quality to be able to win it. I would say Porto won it with less. They'll definitely be tricky opponents but I can't see them getting past the quarters again, semis if they're lucky. I'm more interested to find out if Reals big spending will translate to European success and we'll see more than 1 club from outside England in the semis this year.

They've always had the quality to be able to win it. I would say Porto won it with less. They'll definitely be tricky opponents but I can't see them getting past the quarters again, semis if they're lucky. I'm more interested to find out if Reals big spending will translate to European success and we'll see more than 1 club from outside England in the semis this year.

Real haven't been beyond the 2nd round in about 4 or 5 years! They have the players at their disposal(and they bought 3 European Cup winners in Kaka, Ronaldo and Alonso) so there is no reason why they can't.