Rangers Framed Share 1908 Question?

WeeJacksonRFC

Hi there just back from my Rangers supporters club & purchased a framed 1908 Rangers Certifcate of Ordinary shares.

It has 3 signatures on it 2 directors & secratary. The secrataries signature is of William Wilton.

I am having trouble figuring out who the directors are or were?

might be a strech does any one have any info on Rangers from 1908?

how do I post pics?

Use an image hosting website to upload the pics mate.

I use http://tinypic.com/

Go there upload the pic and it will give you a number of links, use the one that says something like direct url ( I think its the 3rd or 4th option) and then click insert image above your reply on here and paste the link from tinypic

Use an image hosting website to upload the pics mate.

I use http://tinypic.com/

Go there upload the pic and it will give you a number of links, use the one that says something like direct url ( I think its the 3rd or 4th option) and then click insert image above your reply on here and paste the link from tinypic

f5dslz.jpg

here it is sorry for the bigger pic not sure how to get it smaller

i watched the first game of this season against hearts in ernies . i was over for 3 weeks . im a good friend of the fatkins . good friend of billy mcmann / billy greer / big irish jimmy / kenny mcmurtie/ .

I was @ the same match to probably seen you. ya Big Jimmy was there so was both billys Sr was there not JR.

and Kenny was there to.

I was @ the same match to probably seen you. ya Big Jimmy was there so was both billys Sr was there not JR.

and Kenny was there to.

spent a week with billy greer & big jimmy in orlando this year for the convention . i was there with billy snr . they are good company .

Hi there just back from my Rangers supporters club & purchased a framed 1908 Rangers Certifcate of Ordinary shares.

It has 3 signatures on it 2 directors & secratary. The secrataries signature is of William Wilton.

I am having trouble figuring out who the directors are or were?

might be a strech does any one have any info on Rangers from 1908?

how do I post pics?

I might be putting you on the wrong course here, but the second signature looks to me like David Laidlaw.

I don't know if this is the correct name and don't have any historical information to confirm if such a person had a connection with Rangers. A bit of googling does highlight a David Laidlaw with a connection to football, based in Glasgow who was Treasurer of The Boys Brigade at that time. Maybe him?

There is a poster on here called Themoonlighter who researches a lot of early history and it might be worth dropping him a pm.

I might be putting you on the wrong course here, but the second signature looks to me like David Laidlaw.

I don't know if this is the correct name and don't have any historical information to confirm if such a person had a connection with Rangers. A bit of googling does highlight a David Laidlaw with a connection to football, based in Glasgow who was Treasurer of The Boys Brigade at that time. Maybe him?

There is a poster on here called Themoonlighter who researches a lot of early history and it might be worth dropping him a pm.

It does look like it could be that name but I'm really not sure. I shall pm him & see if he can come up with anything. Cheers m8

• 1 year later...

You may well be correct, but the signature looks more like David Lawton to me. Can't find anything about a David Lawton on google :(