Trust Delegation Meets with Sir David Murray

Frankie

A Trust delegation met with Chairman Sir David Murray and Martin Bain on Monday at Charlotte Square, Edinburgh. The Trust challenged the chairman on many issues and members can download the full minutes of the meeting via the following link.

RFC Meeting Minutes - Monday 02 July, 2007 (PDF File - 80k)

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rs...22&Itemid=1

Murray has stated that he is committed to investing in the clubs short and long term future.

Did he not say he would sell in about 3 years if the correct buyer came along?

Did he not say to Walter Smith, when appointed as manager in January, you might be my last manager i appoint?

Whe he said long term future, does he mean he will be long term, or just tying up deals such as JJB which are long term?

davie:

What I took from the meeting was that the chairman is committed in the short term and that will affect the long term positively.

We'll soon see in the next 2 months. If he doesn't deliver, further action will happen.

It's the same old .....He promises to invest in Rangers future is the short term and the Long term :rolleyes:

We need to look beyond the Murray personality problems into what else is in the meeting...

A supporter elected onto the executive board is fantastic news and is the first step to the fans running the club. There are a few other interesting positives as well with more dialogue to be arranged asap.

It's the same old .....He promises to invest in Rangers future is the short term and the Long term :rolleyes:

We need to look beyond the Murray personality problems into what else is in the meeting...

A supporter elected onto the executive board is fantastic news and is the first step to the fans running the club. There are a few other interesting positives as well with more dialogue to be arranged asap.

It will not make any difference

I agree that HSV would be a good model for our Museum, although ours would be a bit bigger I think.

Something like the SFA (at Hampden) museum would be ideal IMO.

:)

I've never been there :blush:

The Museum that is.

This is the reason why I'm a member of the RST.

Good work on actually getting a meeting with Murray.

If they are willing to listen now, it means they have to listen from now on.

Also, by supporting the club and offering help they will be clearly more receptive to suggestions.

My only worry is how difficult would it be to get a democratic election from all of the support. I'm concerned that this might prove too difficult, and we might not see it...

My only worry is how difficult would it be to get a democratic election from all of the support. I'm concerned that this might prove too difficult, and we might not see it...

It will happen mate. There are methods of securing this which are being looked into (and actioned) as we speak...

Supporters on the board will give the club an insight into greivances at ground level,as long as the supporters are heard and not bullied by Murray and co.

The elected inividual(s) have to report to a democratic fans group where, if they underperform, can be removed from their positions by their fellow fans.

It will happen mate. There are methods of securing this which are being looked into (and actioned) as we speak...

If you need any help at the polls I'm sure the RM members can help ;)

I was reading through the minutes there, just the normal politican answer really.

I never knew we had a muesum in Hamburg? Why Hamburg?

We don't have a museum - Hamburg do. We just intend copying that model....

I was reading through the minutes there, just the normal politican answer really.

:7996:

Here Frankie try this; it's easier.

(tu)

the words on the minutes threw me doh

Just to say I'll be offline for the next few hours. I'll try and get back on this evening to answer any other questions.

However, the best things to take from the meeting are as such:

1. Genuine supporters representation at last.

2. A lowering of the GerSave price.

3. A commitment from the chairman (ie finance and leadership).

4. A commitment to better PR and media interaction.

5. Debate about developing the stadium and club.

6. Further Improvements at Youth level.

7. The Trust to meet with Head of Security to debate policing and match-day experience.

8. Club to put pressure on JJB to improve their service.

Not bad going from one meeting.

Excellent work again by the RST. Thanks for providing the info Frankie, it's very much appreciated, it's good to be able to connect the fans to the club in this way.