Another Boyd topic

Skol

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...zing_record.php

Interesting read. Not sure if it's already been posted...

Just read it myself,Hugh MacDonald piece, good article.could improve his maths though.7 goals in 11 games= 1.57 goal a game ratio doh

11 goals in 7 games= 1.57 goal a game ratio :rolleyes:

more importantly, 7 goals from 6 starts, I think at least 2 of his caps included 5 minute appearances at the end of the games.

Yeah! must admit his International tally is very impressive. (tu)

This is where one of the problems lie with Boydy. A victim of his own relative success maybe.

I mean this in the way that, as Walter Smith has shown, Boydy will start in the games where Scotland and Rangers go two up front, usually against poor to middling sides, whilst up against the cream of the crop, he just isn't going to get a sniff.

A pity really, goals against the big boys would go a long way to shutting me up.

more importantly, 7 goals from 6 starts, I think at least 2 of his caps included 5 minute appearances at the end of the games.

This is where one of the problems lie with Boydy. A victim of his own relative success maybe.

I mean this in the way that, as Walter Smith has shown, Boydy will start in the games where Scotland and Rangers go two up front, usually against poor to middling sides, whilst up against the cream of the crop, he just isn't going to get a sniff.

A pity really, goals against the big boys would go a long way to shutting me up.

Me too Papa, I stated in an earlier post that Boyd would be lucky to get ten goals this season,he got twenty last season while starting most games,the way it looks now, he probably won't start half the games this season. :unsure:

Just read it myself,Hugh MacDonald piece, good article.could improve his maths though.7 goals in 11 games= 1.57 goal a game ratio doh

How do these people get these jobs and who proof reads their rubbish? :) Actually, as has been pointed out, saying he has had 11 games is misleading.

Is this a dig at Boyd or at Rangers and Scotland ?

Agree with the above.

A dig at no-one, just the facts of what will happen and their possible consequences.

A dig at no-one, just the facts of what will happen and their possible consequences.

To me it is an indictment of how Eck & WS approach bigger games, one up front. It didnae work against Osasuna last year with Sebo the workhorse, when we actually needed to score in that game. For home games we should have 2 up front, Big Dado was brilliant up front on his own, but rarely scored, and frankly was only really effective as a goalscorer when paired up front with Novo in his first season. We are piss poor as a team with only one man up front, scraping draws is not the sign of a good team, 2 up front Boyd plus a.n.other to work with him. It has worked in the past and will work again, every strilker we have has different attributes, Boyds is scoring goals, D'Arch & Novo work their backsides off, Cousin, still to see him fit to judge him fully on his real strength, Naismith a bit of flair and can beat a man. Why do we not appreciate these guys for what they are instead of criticising all the time?

7 goals in 11 games is 0.64 per game if he was scoring 1.57 goals per game he would have 17 goals by now. none the less still a very impressive stat. and would see him as a 25+ a season goalscorer.