Tiago Pinto

Ibroxblue

Exclusive: Rangers in hunt for Portuguese starlet Tiago Pinto

Mar 1 2009 By Gavin Berry

RANGERS are on the trail of Portuguese starlet Tiago Pinto - and could land him on a free in the summer.

Ibrox scouts are believed to have watched the 21-year-old defender three times in the last two months.

Pinto has rejected a new deal with Sporting Lisbon and is starring on loan for Desportivo Trofense.

Pinto's agent is Jorge Mendes - the same advisor as Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo. Middlesbrough are also tracking the player.

Pinto said: "I will decide my future at the end of the season.

"I want to progress as a footballer and if a good proposition arrives from Europe I'll consider it because I'm ambitious."

Meanwhile, Austrian defender Martin Stranzl is keen on a summer switch to Ibrox.

Walter Smith was desperate to land a centre-back in January but was unable to sign anyone as the club failed to offload any of their high-earners.

Stranzl, 28, was available for around £500,000 after being stuck in the reserves at Russian outfit Spartak Moscow.

He is now back in favour under boss Michael Laudrup.

But Stranzl said: "A move to Rangers would have been interesting. My future depends not only on me but interest from other clubs."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-21162728/

This Stranzi bit at the end of the article gets on my tits tbh, I was going to post the article - tho the thread had already been posted so I refrained - but was going to cut out the Stranzi bit cause its just regurgitated shite. No offence to the thread creator mind you.

This Stranzi bit at the end of the article gets on my tits tbh, I was going to post the article - tho the thread had already been posted so I refrained - but was going to cut out the Stranzi bit cause its just regurgitated shite. No offence to the thread creator mind you.

At least it's a direct quote from Stranzl though declaring an interest in playing for us, as opposed to a line tagged on at the end, saying something like, "it is also understood Stranzl/Rangers are keen on a deal being done this summer."

I still hope we sign Stranzl.

He's robust, strong in the tackle and the air and is a leader and organiser.

In short he's pretty much the perfect foil for Boughhera

Sounds good, never seen him play but it can only be a good thing a player wanting to come.

Sounds good, never seen him play but it can only be a good thing a player wanting to come.

That's sounds bent. LMAO! :blush:

Ivantschiz holds the armband for the Austrian national side, but Stranzl is the one the players look to when they need rallied.

The boy Prodl isn't bad either, but I don't think we could afford him.

The Tiago Pinto who is on loan at Trofense is a left footed left back who plays for the Portugese Under 21's. He can also play on the left of midfield but his best position is at full back.

Not the biggest of players but he's pretty nippy and skillful and likes to get up and down the left. He's decent in the tackle but his final ball is a bit suspect.

Plus we can get him for £1mil, FM values him at £7.75mil :craphead:

The Tiago Pinto who is on loan at Trofense is a left footed left back who plays for the Portugese Under 21's. He can also play on the left of midfield but his best position is at full back.

Not the biggest of players but he's pretty nippy and skillful and likes to get up and down the left. He's decent in the tackle but his final ball is a bit suspect.

sounds pish

Oh god, not Pretty Pinto with his gay (yet surprisingly perfect) Gago hair.

I can't believe we're being linked with a fucking Trofense defender. They're one of the worst teams i've ever seen trying to win the ball back.

Ivantschiz holds the armband for the Austrian national side, but Stranzl is the one the players look to when they need rallied.

The boy Prodl isn't bad either, but I don't think we could afford him.

the tims would love that hundreds of gers with Prodl on the back of their tops

Can he header a baw ?

I wouldn't say his aerial ability is his best attribute. He's probably on par with Sasa Papac when it comes to heading a ball.