Paul Gascoigne

Chef

Sadly Paul Gascoigne is on a slippery slope that will not get any better for him unfortunately.

His hat-trick against Aberdeen to clinch 8IAR was world class! That second goal where he ran from his own half and curled the ball in with his weaker foot was awesome.

I would love to see Gazza get over this, get himself back in shape and involved in football as a pundit but sadly it seems it is too late and too hard to fix things :(

It really saddens me to hear news like this about our gazza. Just wen u think he's beating his demons he falls off the wagon over and over again. His life seems to be running very similar with the late george best. Great footballing career intertwined with over inculgence in alchohol and after he hangs up his boots it's just 1 bender after another. I really hope he gets the correct help that he needs.

PAUL GASCOIGNE

Glasgow Rangers Legend

Best Baxter Gazza, all genuises, world class players, and sadly all who had the same problem. I can only hope that Gazza doesn't end up like the other 2.

Hopefully not for a very long time.

just finished the goalies autobiography last night and he was saying how bad he felt seeing his fellow brother in recent times and fighting his demons......

"he was a genius on and off the pitch" goram said!!!

I just hope he manages to battle the demons off for a few years yet!!!! but my head tells me otherwise!!!!

sad-smiley-013.gif

From the BBC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_y...ire/8503968.stm

Former England footballer Paul Gascoigne was being quizzed by police after he was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a vehicle.

He was taken into custody on Sunday night after police were called to a disturbance at a takeaway in Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire.

The 42-year-old and another man were being questioned.

In December, Gascoigne was given a fixed penalty notice for being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle.

A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "At 9.10pm on Sunday, officers from North Yorkshire Police were called to a disturbance at a takeaway at Leeming Bar.

"Following inquiries, two men, aged 42 and 40, from the Newcastle area, were arrested on suspicion of being drunk while in charge of a motor vehicle.

"They were taken into custody for questioning and remain there".

The former Newcastle and Tottenham midfielder has faced a long battle with alcohol and drugs, and was detained three times under the Mental Health Act in 2008.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live's Victoria Derbyshire last year he had been clean of drink and drugs for four months, and had attended Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

how can he be arrested on suspicion of drunk driving?

they would certainly breathalise him and see that he's gassed so he'll be arrested for drink driving, theres fuck all suspicion involved

You can be quite naive sometimes, unless that was a mis-placed attempt at humour. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one and put it down to youthful naivety.

:redcard: