Fitness

CanadianGer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that a lot of Celtc fans responding to stories in the Scotsman are making much of the fact they pulled away from us during extra time.

Since before PLG, there have been a hardcore of people saying our players are unfit. Do you think Sunday is an example of that?

Better to be unfit and still in the title race than to be super fit and out the title race before christmas!!

Ah the genius who was PLG eh lads!!

Need to pull you up on that one (again).

You were on here defending Charlie Adam tooth and nail the other day. Now, is it coincedence that he only ever looked like being a footballer under the effects of PLG's strict fitness and diet regime?

As i have clearly said before i think Adam's loss of form was down to the disgusting abuse he recieved from the boo boys on a regular basis.

I would also say Charlie played far better during the 2nd half of the season under the guidance of Walter than he did during the first half under PLG.

The vast improvement in results during the 2nd half of the season would also back up my claim.

He lost his fitness and put on all his weight due to fans pressure? Well good god, if that's the case then he doesn't have the mental strength to play for a club like Rangers.

And if you think his good form in the 2nd half of the season had nothing to do with PLG's uber-strict fitness and diet for the first 6 months of it, then you're deluded.

He gradually got poorer and heavier the longer he worked under Smith, to the point where he's been shipped to Blackpool. Says it all really.

Under PLG we were a complete shambles of an outfit and our results will back me up.

During the second half of the season under Walter we vastly improved and results would also back me up.

Charlie definetly played better football under Walter that season.

Unfortunately the boo boys got a hold of him, the same way they did with a young Mo Ross and a young Alan Hutton.

I've actually just watched a couple of interviews on sky sports news with two England legends (one a world cup winner) they were both highlighting the fact that booing is nothing but negative on the team.

I don't mind them having a couple of beers or glasses of wine now and again, but getting blootered is just mental for a professional athlete, which is what they are supposed to be.

I'd like to think if I had the natural ability to play any sport professionally, that I would have been able to curb the boozing.

it's easy to say that of course, but even Rangers fans like Boyd and Adam - neither are going to make it big down south, so even a sniff of the Rangers first team should have been enough to have sorted them out

Especially Adam come to think of it after getting papped out on loan to St Mirren.

Why do you keep going back to results Edward?

I'm not talking about results, I'm talking about Charlie Adam and the facts are that PLG's regime gave him a platform on which to complete a good season and earn him a ridiculous 5 year deal.

Don't go back to results. If you can't back up your claims, fair enough, but keep to the subject matter.

I've noticed in a lot of your posts that retreating to something totally unrelated is a common tactic of yours.

I'm not talking about results, I'm talking about Charlie Adam and the facts are that PLG's regime gave him a platform on which to complete a good season and earn him a ridiculous 5 year deal.

Don't go back to results. If you can't back up your claims, fair enough, but keep to the subject matter.

I've noticed in a lot of your posts that retreating to something totally unrelated is a common tactic of yours.

Perhaps you were one of the fans who gave the boy disgusting abuse and therefore ruined his confidence and are now trying to shoulder the blame on Walter.

Feeling guilty perhaps?

Perhaps you were one of the fans who gave the boy disgusting abuse and therefore ruined his confidence and are now trying to shoulder the blame on Walter.

Feeling guilty perhaps?

:lol:

Awesome avoidance of the question, so I'll take it you have no good answer for my question there?

I was actually happy at the time when Adam got the contract. He was playing well, mostly due to his fitness and weight levels being near acceptable for a professional footballer.

Sadly, it's all went wrong since then. I was also one of the few who always backed Hutton, even when he wasn't playing well. If you manage to somehow survive on RM for any length of time you'll see that I'm overly-compensating in terms of backing the young players, and more so the young Scottish players who deserve it.

Feeling guilty perhaps?

:lol:

Awesome avoidance of the question, so I'll take it you have no good answer for my question there?

I was actually happy at the time when Adam got the contract. He was playing well, mostly due to his fitness and weight levels being near acceptable for a professional footballer.

Sadly, it's all went wrong since then. I was also one of the few who always backed Hutton, even when he wasn't playing well. If you manage to somehow survive on RM for any length of time you'll see that I'm overly-compensating in terms of backing the young players, and more so the young Scottish players who deserve it.

I'm not avoiding any question.

Charlie Adam was a youngster who we all knew about but he was never quite ready during the Eck days.

Eck decided to send him out on loan for a season to St.Mirren (which proved to be a masterstroke), when the lad returned he was fitter, faster, far more experienced and a better all round player.

When PLG arrived he decided to use Charlie as a member of the first team. Charlie started the season well under PLG but his form soon dipped as the team struggled to put any sort of run of results together.

When Walter arrived both Charlie Adam's form and the team improved dramatically. The change in fortunes was actually quite remarkable considering how awful we were during the first part of the season.

Last season Charlies form was very inconsistent, which is to be expected from young players. At a time when Charlie really needed 100% support and encouragement from the fans he unfortunately got nothing but boos and abuse. There's no doubt the boo boys are a small minority of our support but when a minority of disgruntled fans are shouting abuse at a player it can still clearly be heard. Unfortunately the abuse he recieved seemed to shatter his confidence.

When your confidence is so low it usually results in loss of form, and you perhaps don't make yourself available for the ball as often as you should.

p.s. i have not read one word about fitness on here but now we are unfit because we lost a game in extra time......ah well gives us all something else to moan about i guess

You're not on here enough, GCL. People have been commenting on the perceived lack of fitness in our squad for a long time.

I've noticed that a lot of Celtc fans responding to stories in the Scotsman are making much of the fact they pulled away from us during extra time.

Since before PLG, there have been a hardcore of people saying our players are unfit. Do you think Sunday is an example of that?

Better to be unfit and still in the title race than to be super fit and out the title race before christmas!!

Oh dear Edward, are you trying to misread posts or do you do it unintentionally? The only reason I mention PLG is to timeline the perceived problem.

Sorry m8 but it's hard to take you seriously when you somehow seem to hold Barry responsible for PLG'S downfall.

PLG's reign as manager was flawed for many reasons. A separate discussion to that is how a Rangers captain conducts himself. IMO, there is no place whatever for the manager and the captain to be publicly squabbling. I found it disgusting.

Feel free to address the point at hand though. (tu)

p.s. i have not read one word about fitness on here but now we are unfit because we lost a game in extra time......ah well gives us all something else to moan about i guess

You're not on here enough, GCL. People have been commenting on the perceived lack of fitness in our squad for a long time.

I'm on more than enough mate...... :lol:;)

Oh dear Edward, are you trying to misread posts or do you do it unintentionally? The only reason I mention PLG is to timeline the perceived problem.

Sorry m8 but it's hard to take you seriously when you somehow seem to hold Barry responsible for PLG'S downfall.

PLG's reign as manager was flawed for many reasons. A separate discussion to that is how a Rangers captain conducts himself. IMO, there is no place whatever for the manager and the captain to be publicly squabbling. I found it disgusting.

Barry was the complete professional throughout the whole PLG mess.

PLG was the only man squabling on public.

Let's be honest by that point PLG had his eye on the PSG job and this was his one last parting shot.

PLG was an absolute disastrous embarassment and it was 100% down to him.

I'm on more than enough mate...... :lol:;)

:lol: :lol:

Let's be honest by that point PLG had his eye on the PSG job and this was his one last parting shot.

im getting deja vu

Oh FFS :anguish:

Your further up 'Barry's' arse than Lee McCulloch is.

there is no excuse for tiredness, its all down to effort on the training ground and working hard. If a boxer slacks in the gym, he suffers in the ring, its the exact same on the park.

rangers made tons of mistakes, it all happens when you're tired.

Murray Park is just a luxury for players that dont deserve it.

:D :D :D

I found this so funny i just phoned my mate and read it out to him haha brilliant.

I'd say I have a fortnightly rant about our players' conditioning GCL, so you can't count me in that.

I'd say you have an hourly rant about all things Rangers! :lol:

Yep well, two titles in 10 years.

I'm not going to sit here with my finger up my arse kidding on everything's okay ;)

I'd say I have a fortnightly rant about our players' conditioning GCL, so you can't count me in that.

I'm not going to sit here with my finger up my arse kidding on everything's okay ;)

Actually i think your just making that up.

I've done my calculations and i believe we've won 4 titles in the last 10 seasons.

I've done my calculations and i believe we've won 4 titles in the last 10 seasons.

Indeed, I got that wrong.

Two titles since 2000 is what it should have said.

Indeed, I got that wrong.

Two titles since 2000 is what it should have said.

Sorry m8 but i just get the feeling you will try and make things look worse than they really are at any given opportunity.