Do we only post articles about Rangers when they are negative?

outlaw69uk

And, well, surely worth a debate....

I guess, Rangers Hall Of Famer, and, great player is also "talking pish" to the press. Given the nature of the content, I am sure he also doesnt know what he is talking about, and, well you know the drill ;)

Just astounds me how so many in the game, and, who have worked under Smith, or played with Ferguson, say the same things, and, well, they cant ALL be wrong can they?

Walter Smith and Ally McCoist best to thwart Celtic SPL bid says Rangers hero Jorg Albertz

by Bert Mitchell

JORG ALBERTZ has fired a verbal salvo at the snipers targeting Walter Smith and Ally McCoist - and insists they're the right men to wrest the title from Celtic.

The Hammer was lured to Ibrox by Smith and enjoyed five trophy-laden seasons in Light Blue under the man he still respectfully calls the gaffer'.

And Albertz said: "For me there is no question that Walter and Coisty are the right combination to take Rangers to the title.

advertisement

"There is no better motivator or man-manager than the gaffer and I think that Coisty has developed into the perfect foil for him.

"I know that it will have hurt both of them to have lost the final to Celtic and even more so with it being Walter's first Old Firm cup final.

"But you would be underestimating the man to suggest he doesn't have the ability to lead Rangers to the title.

"What they will be saying to the boys is that the final is gone now and we must move on and focus on Hearts. In a league title race all that matters is the next game and getting three points.

"Walter will not be happy that Rangers have lost the final.

He will be hurting and angry, but he will use that as a positive factor and channel all his energy into bringing the title back to Rangers."

The Hammer added: "In this type of situation there is no one better to lead Rangers than Walter Smith and Ally McCoist."

Publication date 17/03/09

Link to article

and....

Full team ahead to get Rangers midfield pistons pumping to perfection says Jorg Albertz

Under the Hammer ... but Albertz is still backing the likes of Ferguson, below, and Mendes, bottom, to comes good

Under the Hammer ... but Albertz is still backing the likes of Ferguson, below, and Mendes, bottom, to comes good

Exclusive by Bert Mitchell

JORG ALBERTZ graced the left-hand midfield berth in arguably the greatest Rangers midfield of the lot.

And, as the Hammer took stock of the misfiring efforts of the current Gers boiler room, he admitted boss Walter Smith must find a way to return it to full working order - or risk Gers SPL title hopes running out of steam.

The former German international and member of the Light Blues' Hall of Fame, reckons the blame for the malfunction in the middle of the Ibrox ranks cannot be laid at the problematic left midfield berth which has seen up to seven of the current crop of Gers try to make it their own.

And Albertz says the key to getting the most out of the men in the middle is getting them to work as one well-oiled unit.

advertisement

The Hammer said: "Obviously I played in the left mid position for Rangers and I think I did a reasonable job there, but it is not just down to one position or one player in the middle of the park.

"The midfield must be able to play and function as a unit and you rely on your team- mates to either provide you with cover if you are going forward or to bomb on if you are sitting.

"In my day I had the young Rino Gattuso in there to do my hard work for me so maybe I was lucky. But Rangers have had their problems on the left flank and the gaffer has used a number of players to fill in there.

"But you have to assume that he has done so because of what he sees on the training field and that for particular games he rates particular players as the right option.

"If you look at Rangers' midfield in the cup final, that should have been good enough to get the job done. To have players of the quality of Barry Ferguson and Pedro Mendes in there then there is no doubting the quality is good enough.

"But sometimes it doesn't click and that is a real problem for the players and the management."

Warming to his midfield theme, the Ibrox legend says that when the midfield isn't functioning, undue pressure is put on the team at the rear and the front of the formation.

But Albertz firmly rejected any notion that Gers cup final midfield of Scotland skipper Ferguson, Northern Ireland internationals Steven Davis and Kyle Lafferty, Portugal star Mendes and former Scotland star Lee McCulloch was not up to the job on Sunday.

Jorg added, however: "You must have a strong spine to your side and back in nine-in-a-row we had that.

"But, if your midfield does not play, you have a problem because the strikers get no quality ball and the defence will find themselves under pressure and maybe having to go more direct with the long ball.

"So, you need your midfield to be creative and destructive. And if you look at the Rangers midfield in the cup final then it is one that is completely full of internationals. So there can be no argument that there is a lack of quality in there."

But while there were few positives to take from Sunday's display, Albertz has no doubt that skipper Ferguson is the natural born leader to fire up the Ibrox title charge down the home straight.

And he said: "Barry is the right man to captain Rangers right now, of that there is no doubt.

"He knows what the club is all about and he knows what being a Rangers supporter is all about, but he will have to lead from the front every time he steps out on to the field.

"He is a leader though, and a motivator, and these are two qualities that will be crucial to Rangers.

"But the other thing is that Barry is a winner and he has plenty of experience in being a winner with Rangers. He will also know that cool heads are required if Rangers are to bounce back.

"But he must bring all these qualities to bear now."

Link to article

And, well, surely worth a debate....

I guess, Rangers Hall Of Famer, and, great player is also "talking pish" to the press. Given the nature of the content, I am sure he also doesnt know what he is talking about, and, well you know the drill ;)

Just astounds me how so many in the game, and, who have worked under Smith, or played with Ferguson, say the same things, and, well, they cant ALL be wrong can they?

Walter Smith and Ally McCoist best to thwart Celtic SPL bid says Rangers hero Jorg Albertz

by Bert Mitchell

JORG ALBERTZ has fired a verbal salvo at the snipers targeting Walter Smith and Ally McCoist - and insists they're the right men to wrest the title from Celtic.

The Hammer was lured to Ibrox by Smith and enjoyed five trophy-laden seasons in Light Blue under the man he still respectfully calls the gaffer'.

And Albertz said: "For me there is no question that Walter and Coisty are the right combination to take Rangers to the title.

advertisement

"There is no better motivator or man-manager than the gaffer and I think that Coisty has developed into the perfect foil for him.

"I know that it will have hurt both of them to have lost the final to Celtic and even more so with it being Walter's first Old Firm cup final.

"But you would be underestimating the man to suggest he doesn't have the ability to lead Rangers to the title.

"What they will be saying to the boys is that the final is gone now and we must move on and focus on Hearts. In a league title race all that matters is the next game and getting three points.

"Walter will not be happy that Rangers have lost the final.

He will be hurting and angry, but he will use that as a positive factor and channel all his energy into bringing the title back to Rangers."

The Hammer added: "In this type of situation there is no one better to lead Rangers than Walter Smith and Ally McCoist."

Link to article

and....

Full team ahead to get Rangers midfield pistons pumping to perfection says Jorg Albertz

Exclusive by Bert Mitchell

JORG ALBERTZ graced the left-hand midfield berth in arguably the greatest Rangers midfield of the lot.

And, as the Hammer took stock of the misfiring efforts of the current Gers boiler room, he admitted boss Walter Smith must find a way to return it to full working order - or risk Gers SPL title hopes running out of steam.

The former German international and member of the Light Blues' Hall of Fame, reckons the blame for the malfunction in the middle of the Ibrox ranks cannot be laid at the problematic left midfield berth which has seen up to seven of the current crop of Gers try to make it their own.

And Albertz says the key to getting the most out of the men in the middle is getting them to work as one well-oiled unit.

advertisement

The Hammer said: "Obviously I played in the left mid position for Rangers and I think I did a reasonable job there, but it is not just down to one position or one player in the middle of the park.

"The midfield must be able to play and function as a unit and you rely on your team- mates to either provide you with cover if you are going forward or to bomb on if you are sitting.

"In my day I had the young Rino Gattuso in there to do my hard work for me so maybe I was lucky. But Rangers have had their problems on the left flank and the gaffer has used a number of players to fill in there.

"But you have to assume that he has done so because of what he sees on the training field and that for particular games he rates particular players as the right option.

"If you look at Rangers' midfield in the cup final, that should have been good enough to get the job done. To have players of the quality of Barry Ferguson and Pedro Mendes in there then there is no doubting the quality is good enough.

"But sometimes it doesn't click and that is a real problem for the players and the management."

Warming to his midfield theme, the Ibrox legend says that when the midfield isn't functioning, undue pressure is put on the team at the rear and the front of the formation.

But Albertz firmly rejected any notion that Gers cup final midfield of Scotland skipper Ferguson, Northern Ireland internationals Steven Davis and Kyle Lafferty, Portugal star Mendes and former Scotland star Lee McCulloch was not up to the job on Sunday.

Jorg added, however: "You must have a strong spine to your side and back in nine-in-a-row we had that.

"But, if your midfield does not play, you have a problem because the strikers get no quality ball and the defence will find themselves under pressure and maybe having to go more direct with the long ball.

"So, you need your midfield to be creative and destructive. And if you look at the Rangers midfield in the cup final then it is one that is completely full of internationals. So there can be no argument that there is a lack of quality in there."

But while there were few positives to take from Sunday's display, Albertz has no doubt that skipper Ferguson is the natural born leader to fire up the Ibrox title charge down the home straight.

And he said: "Barry is the right man to captain Rangers right now, of that there is no doubt.

"He knows what the club is all about and he knows what being a Rangers supporter is all about, but he will have to lead from the front every time he steps out on to the field.

"He is a leader though, and a motivator, and these are two qualities that will be crucial to Rangers.

"But the other thing is that Barry is a winner and he has plenty of experience in being a winner with Rangers. He will also know that cool heads are required if Rangers are to bounce back.

"But he must bring all these qualities to bear now."

Link to article

I don't care what their mates say - I go by what I see with my eyes.

That forms my opinion and I don't need to go to specsavers just yet

Its not a bad article. The thing is we have a very average squad with no money to freshen things up. Any manager will struggle.

Take your head out of the sand.

The manager that is struggling is the arsehole that built that average squad and left us with no money.

I thought about posting it but then thought it was full of pish, no offence to Jorg but he's backing his pals.

Then again, perhaps he is basing his statements, with, I dont know, professional knowledge?

Its brilliant this, I can see people trying to figure out how to reply, much easier when its a Scottish player, or, one of the evil clique intent on destroying rangers (tu)

I'm glad Jorg has only nice things to say about the club, but he's hardly going to come out in the press and say 'Barry's not got it anymore, Smith's too stubborn, and Rangers are fucked' is he?

why not?

I'm glad Jorg has only nice things to say about the club, but he's hardly going to come out in the press and say 'Barry's not got it anymore, Smith's too stubborn, and Rangers are fucked' is he?

Of course not.

If that eases your pain from Sunday then God help you mate.

Smith fears the scum, that much is obvious and negativity is contagious.

We lost that game before we even got started IMO, absolutely no qualms with dropping Boyd, but playing Miller as the lone striker was just painful on the eye.

Rent-a-quotes soothe hee haw.

We lost the battle both on and off the park.

why not?

Presumably (hopefully) because he still loves the club and wants us to succeed? I know if I was in his position I certainly wouldn't say negative thing to the press at such a vital point in the season.

I want to make it clear I'm not criticising him in any way (much the opposite) but it should be taken with a pinch of salt IMO.

Attack the team, congratulate the realism......defend the team, old pals act, what wouldf a player of his massive experience know, arseholes etc etc etc......what a world we live in.....

He probably never even watched the match.

How anyone can say anything positive about Rangers after Sunday is beyond me and anyone who knows anything about football.

We lost that game before we even got started IMO, absolutely no qualms with dropping Boyd, but playing Miller as the lone striker was just painful on the eye.

Jorg Albertz is a rent a quote....... :craphead:

Soem of our fans bottles have certainly crashed.....

Nothing to do with Sunday fella, or soothing anything.

I just find it interesting how people arent interested in anything that isnt slating the club, the players, manager, each other etc. And, how when ex players, especially respected ones, say somthing positive about us, it becomes "sticking up for pals" or some other pathetic comment like that.

Attack the team, congratulate the realism......defend the team, old pals act, what wouldf a player of his massive experience know, arseholes etc etc etc......what a world we live in.....

How anyone can say anything positive about Rangers after Sunday is beyond me and anyone who knows anything about football.

What, ever again? in general?

Ok, we arent Celtic, THATS positive

argue?

Care to point out where anyone called Albertz an arsehole ?

Fact of the matter is he's been asked to comment and as he has a fondness for the Gers he went on a damage limitation spree, but this is a Rangers forum where we'd like to be honest about what is going on infront of our eyes.

Have you even read the article ?

Jorg Albertz is a rent a quote....... :craphead:

Soem of our fans bottles have certainly crashed.....

He was asked to comment, and IMO wasn't honest in his assessment.

Do you know me ?

No you fucking don't, you know fuck all about how much I'll back the team during the 90 minutes.

While I'm on here I'll tell it how I see it.