Davie Weir, new Rangers Captain

Boab

I think he's the wisest short term choice. I think at times his conduct on the pitch has been immature, but for now he's the most valid candidate as I don't think Bougherra deserves it for now.

Guest therabbitt
I think he's the wisest short term choice. I think at times his conduct on the pitch has been immature, but for now he's the most valid candidate as I don't think Bougherra deserves it for now.

Weir was the obvious choice. Bougherra should be vice.

Next season I'd have Thomson with either Bougherra or Davis as vice.

Actually, with the intelligence and influence he can have on the pitch, Mendes could be a very apt vice-captain. Perhaps even as captain himself with Thomson under his wing for a season.

Are all you lot not forgetting that as soon as Thomson proves his fitness he is being sold?

Unless of course it is a tactic to get the price up!!

The truth is we have no obvious captain material in the squad, and it shows clearly on the park, with too many lackluctre performances with our big players going into hiding, and very few players I would have down as certain starters for next season.

Davie Weir is a good short term choice to be captain (tu) Next season I'd quite like to see Mendes or Thomson becoming captain. If Weir is still here next season then he should keep the armband though.

Happy with that. Think we all knew it would be Weir anyway, the most experienced player we have. But come next season i expect him to retire and the captaincy given to either Davis or Thomson, preferebly the latter.

I think Thomson may be sold this Summer along with Boyd, McGregor, Ferguson, Bougherra, Adam, Velicka and Gow. Daily and Hemdani will leave.

D. Weir will definitely return as CH as we are skint.

Great Summer!

weir was always going to get it till the end of the season

but for next season hopefully kevin thomson once fit again but if not steve davis or maybe mendes now he will play better football without barry dragging him down!!!

Very few men get the chance to captain the Rangers.

Enjoy and relish every moment of it, big man (tu)

The big man deserves it imo. Although somtimes he makes u pull ur hair out ( inverness game ) he came to us at a time when not many people would of fancied it, helped fix the defence, and it must be no coincidence that Carlos got our player of the year in his first season and bougherra is most likley to get it this year, both playing next to the big man in basicaly every game!

I dont think theres many i would like to see lift that SPL title above there heads come May before Weir. All the best Davie (tu)

I think Thomson may be sold this Summer along with Boyd, McGregor, Ferguson, Bougherra, Adam, Velicka and Gow. Daily and Hemdani will leave.

D. Weir will definitely return as CH as we are skint.

Great Summer!

After two cruciate ligament injuries by 24 and with him just coming back into football I doubt that any team will touch Thomson this Summer.