Davis for Central Midfield

Boab

Been saying this for months Boab, Davis is the only box to box midfielder we have and he is wasted on the right hand side, its time to get him back into his natural position. When Mendes came off during the Calley game away and Davis was moved into the middle I thought we looked a far better side and he offered more energy and creativity.

Been saying this for months Boab, Davis is the only box to box midfielder we have and he is wasted on the right hand side, its time to get him back into his natural position. When Mendes came off during the Calley game away and Davis was moved into the middle I thought we looked a far better side and he offered more energy and creativity.

Great post.

I think we need an athlete or tackler in alongside Mendes, so I'd have Edu.

5 goals and 15 assists from Davis on the right this year, he's not exactly doing bad!

He's played there in the Premiership and Internationally very well, he'd be even better centrally with those stats.

it would be the logical move stick novo wide left but I see big Lee coming in :anguish:

Please don't stick him there, he's rank there.

I see Davis as a poor man's Steven Gerrard, as they both have a very similar playing style and both have a great engine. As with Gerrard at Liverpool he played well on the right (when asked) and contributed in goals and assists, however when played in his natural central position Gerrard was far more effective.

I really think if Davis is moved into the centre we will see a similar effect as the Gerrard situation.