100 Goals For Rangers

papaguy51

Overall his record is phenominal. No one in Scotland comes close. Is he a great overall player - no, but lets appreciate him for what he is a very diligent goal scorer.

Where would we be without his goals?

Where are we WITH his goals? He has been banging them in for 3 years and its got us nowhere. The logic that if we didn't have Boyd we would be 30 goals less a season is beyond ridiculous. So i take it that without McGregor and Alexander, we would be relegated i assume?

Fact is, he is a rank rotten player and has got steadily worse since he joined in terms of overall play.

Even this season he is top of the pile by a fair distance in terms of goals..yet we are still a point behind them in the league. He isn't the saviour, he is just 1 of many average players in our side. I'll be happy to keep him and use him against poor opposition, because more often than not he will get goals. But at this stage of the season, coming to the nitty gritty, against the so called better teams, he won't get a sniff and even the biggest Boyd fans must realise this. It will be a waste of a shirt on the pitch.

I'm pleased for him to get to the 100 mark, and of course, if he plays, i hope he does continue scoring :)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall his record is phenominal. No one in Scotland comes close. Is he a great overall player - no, but lets appreciate him for what he is a very diligent goal scorer.

Where are we WITH his goals? He has been banging them in for 3 years and its got us nowhere. The logic that if we didn't have Boyd we would be 30 goals less a season is beyond ridiculous. So i take it that without McGregor and Alexander, we would be relegated i assume?

Fact is, he is a rank rotten player and has got steadily worse since he joined in terms of overall play.

Even this season he is top of the pile by a fair distance in terms of goals..yet we are still a point behind them in the league. He isn't the saviour, he is just 1 of many average players in our side. I'll be happy to keep him and use him against poor opposition, because more often than not he will get goals. But at this stage of the season, coming to the nitty gritty, against the so called better teams, he won't get a sniff and even the biggest Boyd fans must realise this. It will be a waste of a shirt on the pitch.

I'm pleased for him to get to the 100 mark, and of course, if he plays, i hope he does continue scoring :)

Without doubd the biggest pile of pish i think i have ever read on here .

Strikers are in the team to score goals Boyd has done this every year since he has come to the club .

To blame the guy in the team that is doing his job for us not winning the league is maddness .

Poor opposition LOL he has scored against every team we play against ? .

What you really mean is the only goals that count are against the scum the otther 99 dont count .

Nitty gritty ? Like cup finals ? or semi finals ? .

Without boyd starting the 3 most important away ties at the end of last season we still lost the league, and that was with darcheville and/or cousin... now im not saying we would have won the league if he started those 3 games but people rant and rave about cousin/darcheville and they never stepped up or put the ball in the back of the net went it mattered the most

All valid points but again i don't see why you need to bring all this up in a thread saying well done to him for his goal records. There's a generic thread to talk about his overall play. (tu)

All valid points but again i don't see why you need to bring all this up in a thread saying well done to him for his goal records. There's a generic thread to talk about his overall play. (tu)

haha, not really!

Thats not a fact haha, thats just a bizarre comment! Goes contrary to what virtually everyone bar a select few on here, have been saying about they guy, given that, while inconsitant, his overall game IS showing improvement.

As Eck mentioned, when he didnt play last season, in the "big" games, our other strikers didnt step up to the plate and score. Sure, we MIGHT not be 30 goals worse off, but, we also do not have a team full of guys who score regularly, and, we have a 30 goal start each season

What is it with people on here lately, you can't comment on Boyd without being basically abused immaturely without any real point.

I think Boyd is a shite football player, i don't think he is good enough for RFC and i never will, if you don't agree with it, just say so, stop being an arse. Jesus christ!

What is it with people on here lately, you can't comment on Boyd without being basically abused immaturely without any real point.

I think Boyd is a shite football player, i don't think he is good enough for RFC and i never will, if you don't agree with it, just say so, stop being an arse. Jesus christ!

Thank f.ck your not part of the scouting, coaching or management team or god knows what kind of mess we would be in ...

You see? There we go, yes because with Boyd we are in such a tremendous state right now aren't we? Haven't won the league in 3 years even with the goal machine. But yes, without him no doubt we would have been 3rd / 4th or even worse !

You see? There we go, yes because with Boyd we are in such a tremendous state right now aren't we? Haven't won the league in 3 years even with the goal machine. But yes, without him no doubt we would have been 3rd / 4th or even worse !

Your logic makes no sense, Newcastle won f.ck all with Alan Shearer, Liverpool have so far won f.ck all with Fernando Torres so whats your point?

Your logic makes no sense, Newcastle won f.ck all with Alan Shearer, Liverpool have so far won f.ck all with Fernando Torres so whats your point?

My point is that i feel Kris Boyd is a shockingly bad football player and is not good enough for Rangers.

And your comparisons are piss poor. So because Torres and Shearer won nothing with their respective clubs in a MUCH better league against MUCH better teams, we should just accept being 2nd? Because at least we have a goal scorer in our team? And its MY logic that makes no sense, i see.

Look, like i say, if you don't agree with my opinion, then fine. I can accept that and debate about it, but silly comments and trying to act like a walloper won't go down well and i can't be ersed with it tbh :)

I'm done with this thread now it's getting on my tits.

What is it with you? Or are you not meaning my post? If you are, must be the most clever bit of abuse I ever dished out, because even I didnt notice it :rolleyes:

What is it with you? Or are you not meaning my post? If you are, must be the most clever bit of abuse I ever dished out, because even I didnt notice it :rolleyes:

I wasn't just talking about you (tu)

If ever a player deserved credit it's Boyd. He's constantly slagged by his own support as well as opposition & our "highly knowledgeable ??" media writers, etc . But still he keeps on coming back and doin what he's best at - Scoring goals !!! Keep it up Kris :clap::clap::clap:

I'm done with this thread now it's getting on my tits.

People were annoyed in the first place, if I remember right, that you came into the thread and tried to ruin it.

Time to lock it possibly, otherwise people will just keep adding to it every time he scores.

I didn't thinking bumping it would be a bad thing, just thought it would be more apt (to tell folk about the program tonight) than creating a new thread.