Refs performance Vs Killy

wan

At the risk of sounding a bit paranoid. Is it just me, or has the press been a tad one-sided in it's coverage of the ref's performance on Sunday? OK, it was a blatantly bad decision to award the first penalty and there is no arguing that point. Quite rightly this has made the back pages..........but what about Bazza's goal (or not , as was the case)? Here is another equally bad decision which has hardly been rated a mention.

Killy...... hard done by.....PLEASE!!! Give us a break. One bad decision cancelled out the other. The other two penalties were both on the soft side so thaey equal out too, which brings us to the Killy goal. Personally I think that if it had happened at the other end a foul would have been given against the keeper.........don't recall reading that in the paper!

<cry> <cry> JJ dry your eyes and admit that your team was well beaten on the day! <cry> <cry>

I was surprised to hear Britney say that he's seen many worse decisions than that (Scotsport, last night), AND that the decisions did indeed balance each other out. He even said that in no way did the penalty decision affect the outcome of the game, which Rangers deserved to win. Maybe his new wife is a Ger? :lol::lol::lol:(tu)

I noticed this as well just from reading the report on BBC. A whole article in reference to how this terrible decision changed the game. Then one sentence about BF's goal being chopped off.

I think the biggest referee blunder in the whole match was the chopped off goal. Every player was onside, Barry being about 4 yards onside. Yet there's one sentence discussing this.

As for the Killie goal. Someone said a couple of days ago that McGregor shouldn't be getting over-powered by Naismith. Well, he wouldn't of been had he not been fouled.

Plus, even after JJ's comments criticising the second Rangers penalty decision he had to retract a bit. Clear barge. Made me laugh watching the JJ interview though.

the sad fact is that the standard of officials in the SPL is very poor compared to other leagues. We have had plenty of bad decisions against us. I can think of at least 2 instances were rangers players got booked for "diving" when the cameras show there was blatant contact. Barry ferguson got booked in one of the hearts match last year for "diving" but the hearts player admitted there was contact after that match. You have to accept it at the end of the day because theres not much you can do about it.

At the risk of sounding a bit paranoid. Is it just me, or has the press been a tad one-sided in it's coverage of the ref's performance on Sunday? OK, it was a blatantly bad decision to award the first penalty and there is no arguing that point. Quite rightly this has made the back pages..........but what about Bazza's goal (or not , as was the case)? Here is another equally bad decision which has hardly been rated a mention.

Killy...... hard done by.....PLEASE!!! Give us a break. One bad decision cancelled out the other. The other two penalties were both on the soft side so thaey equal out too, which brings us to the Killy goal. Personally I think that if it had happened at the other end a foul would have been given against the keeper.........don't recall reading that in the paper!

<cry> <cry> JJ dry your eyes and admit that your team was well beaten on the day! <cry> <cry>

agreed fully mate..as for Burleys assessment of the game..its laughable

Rangers get away with murder..poor killie robbed..bla bla

its actuallly quite sad.

stuff the lot of them

Funniest part of all is if you watch the replay of the foul, not ONLY is it RIGHT on the line, but Boyd touches the ball first.

It IS a penalty imo.

A think it could of been a penalty because Ford wins the ball but after that he definately clips Boyd and takes him down but if anythin it was a free kick on the edge of the box