New Kits

New Kit Update

New home kit will be released mid to late July (earlier if possible). Supply and distribution will be through Umbro and JJB (now in a stable position). The Club will monitor JJB much more closely to ensure that the product range, displays and stock are maintained to the standard expected throughout the UK.

http://www.rangersassembly.com/index.php?o...4&Itemid=41

defo nike kits this was agreed in jan ,feb but no press release till end of current campaign due to contract obligations.

you are incorrect there buddy.

Rangers signed a five year contract with umbro in the summer of 2005 which means 2009/10 will be manufactured by umbro.

defo nike kits this was agreed in jan ,feb but no press release till end of current campaign due to contract obligations.

you are incorrect there buddy.

Rangers signed a five year contract with umbro in the summer of 2005 which means 2009/10 will be manufactured by umbro.

It was only a 4 year deal :)

last week i posted wee paragraph about this years kit deal in it i said manager at my local jjb glenrothes had just sent all umbro stock back to umbro hq and rangers kit would definitely be nike .wed i was in kirkcaldy branch and assistant mgr told me defo nike this year murray working with team's retail group within ibrox decided nike would be the best way to go in jan early feb. due to the worrying time with jjb and umbro'.

He also said jjb still didnt know if long term future was secured. rangers and jjb havent parted .but the long term partnership they signed in 2006/7 can be ripped up at anytime if either party isnt happy with each others performance.i myself was in sports retail for about ten years and have known how deals like this work .the other main problem is that the carling deal runs out 12 months later with reports close to the club sayin they want away from alcohol related sponsorship.

with reports close to the club sayin they want away from alcohol related sponsorship.

Christ, it worries me as to what we'll get.

Carling is a pretty good one imo.

The Carling logo totally ruins our strip.

A clue as to whether we will be sponsored by umbro or nike could be given through the speculation surrounding the Emirates cup. The 3 teams forecast to take part other than us are sponsored by nike. Don't know if this will be the case but Hamburg and Juventus are both sponsored by nike and they taken part last year can't remember who the other team was though could just be a coincidence.

Not that bad imo, could be far worse.

They need to take away the black background though, it's rotten.

You missed my edit, i'd rather we had nothing, but yeh the CARLING writing alone could do it.

I wonder what we'll get next, hopefully not something terrible.

with reports close to the club sayin they want away from alcohol related sponsorship.

Christ, it worries me as to what we'll get.

Carling is a pretty good one imo.

It looks especially horrible on our 3rd strip :anguish:

The lines stop before the Carling badge.

It looks especially horrible on our 3rd strip :anguish:

The lines stop before the Carling badge.

That is annoying, why didn't they have the stripe go all the way through and slap the logo on top, at least?

On the kits issue.....i think it would be a good idea for bain to get Umbro to remake some of the oldies. The one with McEwans on and squares in the patter was really nice and my first kit if i remember rightly. The old school CR SMITH ones would fly off the shelves also if they were remade.