Ex Gers doctor sacked from Newcastle.

gordov

Ex Rangers club doctor Ian McGuinness has been sacked from Newcastle after Martins was pulled out of a toon squad only 1 hour before last weekends match with Spurs under suspicious circumstances.

He is the same guy who was sacked by us for seemingly saying Kris Boyd had injuries to avoid him having to go to training when he was 100% fit.

Ex Rangers club doctor Ian McGuinness has been sacked from Newcastle after Martins was pulled out of a toon squad only 1 hour before last weekends match with Spurs under suspicious circumstances.

He is the same guy who was sacked by us for seemingly saying Kris Boyd had injuries to avoid him having to go to training when he was 100% fit.

:unsure: Don't remember that.

Rings a bell with me.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle2163568.ece

FOR PAUL LE GUEN, ONE ISSUE THAT added to his woes at Rangers was the presence of Ian McGuinness, the club doctor. The tension between Le Guen and McGuinness would prove another factor in the Frenchman’s downfall.

Le Guen felt ill at ease with McGuinness and felt that he could not trust him. For his part, McGuinness came to be ostracised at Rangers during Le Guen’s reign and suffered an uncomfortable time, which concluded with his abrupt departure from the club.

Le Guen had come to distrust and dislike McGuinness, a colleague he had inherited upon his arrival at Ibrox and whom Le Guen found had plenty to say for himself on non-medical matters. To Le Guen, the problems he faced with McGuinness were obvious as early as the club’s pre-season trip to South Africa in the summer of last year, when the Rangers manager had to ask McGuinness to tone down his behaviour, such as shouting to players from the dugout during matches. “Please, I am the coach and you are the doctor,” Le Guen implored McGuinness after pulling him aside one afternoon in South Africa. “Let me do my job and you stick to yours.”

To Le Guen, there was a further difficulty with McGuinness, represented in the doctor’s closeness to Barry Ferguson. As the Frenchman struggled to keep Ferguson in line with the way he was trying to get the Rangers team to play, he also soon became aware that McGuinness and Ferguson had a habit of bitching about the Frenchman behind his back. Ferguson and McGuinness represented an axis of gossip and criticism that served only to unnerve the Rangers manager and Le Guen came to despair of the way he felt that he could trust neither the team captain nor the club doctor.

MORE AT THE LINK

Fucking ridiculous. Ferguson should never play again. Chav bastards.

There was plenty said about it at the time. One story I remember was the doctor was accused of giving Boyd sick notes when he was hung over.

There was plenty said about it at the time. One story I remember was the doctor was accused of giving Boyd sick notes when he was hung over.

:lol:

FOR PAUL LE GUEN, ONE ISSUE THAT added to his woes at Rangers was the presence of Ian McGuinness, the club doctor. The tension between Le Guen and McGuinness would prove another factor in the Frenchman’s downfall.

Le Guen felt ill at ease with McGuinness and felt that he could not trust him. For his part, McGuinness came to be ostracised at Rangers during Le Guen’s reign and suffered an uncomfortable time, which concluded with his abrupt departure from the club.

Le Guen had come to distrust and dislike McGuinness, a colleague he had inherited upon his arrival at Ibrox and whom Le Guen found had plenty to say for himself on non-medical matters. To Le Guen, the problems he faced with McGuinness were obvious as early as the club’s pre-season trip to South Africa in the summer of last year, when the Rangers manager had to ask McGuinness to tone down his behaviour, such as shouting to players from the dugout during matches. “Please, I am the coach and you are the doctor,” Le Guen implored McGuinness after pulling him aside one afternoon in South Africa. “Let me do my job and you stick to yours.”

To Le Guen, there was a further difficulty with McGuinness, represented in the doctor’s closeness to Barry Ferguson. As the Frenchman struggled to keep Ferguson in line with the way he was trying to get the Rangers team to play, he also soon became aware that McGuinness and Ferguson had a habit of bitching about the Frenchman behind his back. Ferguson and McGuinness represented an axis of gossip and criticism that served only to unnerve the Rangers manager and Le Guen came to despair of the way he felt that he could trust neither the team captain nor the club doctor.

MORE AT THE LINK

So we are now to take a Speirs article as as true and unbiased gospel?

MORE AT THE LINK

So we are now to take a Speirs article as as true and unbiased gospel?

Because he's just been sacked from Newcastle maybe... ?

Was it not Ian McGuiness who leaked the Rangers team to Michael Stewart at Easter Road?

Also, did he not have a drunken punch up with Jan Wouters or Andy Watson?

He wisnae sacked and there was no suspicious circumstances, load of pish ! :sherlock:

Sums up Le guens lack of managerial skills. If this guy was causing him an issue then why wasn't he removed at the first opportunity.....

I disagree.

He done what he felt was right by his managerial skills with Ferguson and looked what happened...

Now the majority of the support agree Ferguson should not be in the team at all.

the medical staff are awful at rangers.

we sign players,then they instantly become unfit.

we reject players (hartson).etc on medical grounds,who play for years.

and i can tell you..the medical staff were giving the "booze brigade" sick notes..under PLG