When was your 1st Old Firm game?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jan 98 beat em 3-1 albertz screamer of a free kick di canio replied for them then they got a "offside" goal disallowed :scot: :scot: :scot:

Then the super sub bo andersen went on and scored 2

The even sweeter thing about that was them manks were going on about how they were gonna shaft us because we had so many injuries e.g. no gough, mccoist, gazza we had Craig Moore playing midfield and a couple of them were playing nowere near fit.

Dont ever write the teddy bears off we are our most dangerous when everyone writes us off.

Mine too morry - i was in the clubdeck sat behind Eric Bo Andersons family.

December 2002, won 3-2. :D

always your first game to be a win

oh and welcome to RM

Yeah, we'd won every Old Firm I'd been to aswell up until December last year :(

last season when we bet them 1-0 at ibrox thompson scored , remember the atmosphere outside the stadium at the police line, was singin n that brilliant and inside the stadium wis amazin even though a wis up the club deck thought it wis still quality :craphead:

Thompson?

Piggery, mid-week on League duty as the game had been postponed on the Saturday due to weather. The result was 1-1, I was on the London Rd Tce with my Granda, McLoy was in goals for us and we scored with a McCoist penalty past Peter Latchford. Having done some Googling, it's possible that this was the game of the Janefield St Riot, when the Strathclyde Cavalry charged through the manky-mob with batons drawn, although I can't be 100%.

First OF at Ibrox was the famous 4-4, Copland Rear.

I was at that game too . Correct about everthing ,but you missed out that we were down to nine men ! Cooper got sent off for decking Mo Jo !Dawson walked too (for the same thing i think!) The scum went ballistic when we equalised ,and as you said the had their own riot after!!!1985 was the year

My first was New Yeas Day 1985 Ibrox . Sadly we lost 1-2 ,with Cooper scoring for us.

Can't remember how long ago it was, must have been about 25 years ago approx, and it was a 1-1 draw at the piggery, can't remember who scored for us though.

was it the game cooper equilised for us and him and stuart munro got sent off

think aitken missed a retaken penalty that day as well

i dont remember my first game but i remember going to a 3-0 victory with a future rangers star(durranty) and we were in the dugout area of west enclosure and we slaughtered charlie nicholas as he was being subbed gers won 3-0 with big beast mccadam netting

It was Cooper and Dawson that got sent off and Ally scored with a penalty.

One of the games in the 1977/78 season. I've no idea what the outcome was. Mists of time. :pipe:

Think my first was 2-2 Ibrox 77/78 i think John Greig scored a tap in Aitken scored for Septic

The 2-2 draw was the previous season and Aitken got 2 that day as did Parlane.That was my first old firm game as well.The day Greig scored was in season 77/78 when we won 3-1.

last season when we bet them 1-0 at ibrox thompson scored , remember the atmosphere outside the stadium at the police line, was singin n that brilliant and inside the stadium wis amazin even though a wis up the club deck thought it wis still quality :craphead:

Thompson?

thomson* yae happy <cr>

Cannae remember the exact date (no even the year !!) but it was a night-time Cup Tie at Ibrox in about '87 I think - Davy Robertson got sent aff & we won 1-0 ??? Any other memories out there of this game ?

The night Davie Robertson got sent off was in a Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden when Ally got the winner(1-0) and it was a midweek game(season 91/92)

You might be thinking of a league cup semi-final played at Ibrox midweek in season 93/94 when Huistra got sent off and we won 1-0 with Hateley scoring.

The first one at Ibrox was 1985 when we won 3-0 (just about the highlight of that season in fact) ... I can't recall the date of my debut at septic park but it was a very windy day and I remember thinking the jungle was in such a state that the big flags they used to have on the roof were in danger of tearing it off and carrying it away down London Road :craphead:

Guest Andypendek

3-2 Glasgow Cup game, Ally McCoist hattrick, on a Friday night. A happy night, made perfect by being stuck at traffic lights on the way home beside the Linwood St Brendans CSC bus. As I was only 15ish, I didn't hold back.