Rino Gattuso story in the Record

No matter what or how it has been portrayed its lies. As someone pointed out earlier, if a ball touched the photo, and you have to believe that Gatusso and Gazza could hit it regularly, then it would smash all over the place. If he was practising hitting a Rangers emblem or something then aye, but not a glass framed photo of the queen though my memory of the tour only tells me im 99% certain it is glass. (tu)

It is glass Im sure and looks like its been there a long time. We did the tour and its high up on the wall. To hit it you would surely have to chip it at an angle Johnny Wilkinson would be proud of, and he uses a rugby ball :lol:

No chance. Just another bullshit story in crazy OF week.

Picture courtesy of McBoyd Photography ;)

DressingroomScreensaver.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some feedback on this one - some guy says the interview is in Gazzetta and it was that the Protestant players slagged off JPII, aka the Pope, so he did the same back to the Queen given he's a catholic. tbh, it's a non story, seems like daft banter between them all.

Well I see there are more follow up shit stories today, the rhebel has Boyd and Bougherra, first thing keevins mentioned this morning incidently off to brum, other mhedia reports has Davis and McGregor going somewhere else blah blah blah ! Looks like the mhickey mhafia publicity machine are in overdrive eh ? :sherlock:

Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but I just thought you guys might appreciate a transcription of the entire interview from someone who actually watched it.

he said that when he was a young in PErugia he was living in a 20mq apartment and left school his father called him by phone sayin :' rangers managers are here for you... -G: stop teasing me u'r always kiddin... gFather: they are here and they offer you 1M for 4 years, im not teasing you idiot, get ready in 2 days i come in PErugia and we go to scotland... G: but are you sure... can we do it ? -kinda afraid (Gaucci president) - gF.: im coming up there and i let you see if you are sure or not ! get ready !

then he talks about Gascoigne like an

english tutor (for the language and places...) all the good and bad jokes they had -P.G. closed in the Sauna Gattuso, P.G. throw Gattuso shoe into the soup of the squad (soup big thing for cooking sorry ) P.G. went to the local teacher asking out Gattuso for ' learning ' few hours with him outside.... ( u can imagine, watch places in Glasgow, life situations etc )

then he talks about how he met his current wife's father ( owner of an italian restaurant in Glasgow) all the respect for him and so on, Gattuso says they spend now one Xmas in Calabria and one Xmas in Scotland (for his wife relatives)

interviewer: is it true that when u saw an old woman in a frame in the dressing room u didnt realize it was the queen ? G:.. well since the first day i came i had the cross on my neck, and they ask me: u are in a protestant team and u keep the cross ? what is a protestant, i dont know, but Amoruso at the time even made cross hands-sign entering the pitch... it was ok

my team mates insulted the Pope so i insulted the Queen...

edit: how many times i bounced the ball against that frame and it would never fall down!

he talks about an episode with S.Connery (the actor, G.Rangers lover and at that time vice-president - gattuso said)

when he(gattuso) came to Glasgow there was a man ( a coach? ) Walter Smith, but the next season Diik Advocaat came, and he wanted me as right back (Porrini injured) i agreed for 3-4 games, but then the coach wanted me for the whole season there, i didnt agree and i wanted to leave, then S.Connery called my agent wich later told me about this, to stay, but i replied to my manager in southern italian dialect-slang : tell S.Connery to do its own 'dicks'-own business- im not staying here with Advocaat as a right back, and was looking to join Salernitana.

kaka.22: it's not really disrespect to S.Connery (i love him as actor, but i think he couldnt stand that situation anymore)

sorry for my english, ;D

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media...2c7674b48d.html

That link doesn't really work for me.

Just thought you might want to have a look anyway.

Sounds a steaming pile. He's saying he couldn't get the picture to fall, though he hit it countless times? Aye right - pull the other one.

So who is lying then?

They probably didn't grasp his humour,

probably asked him if sectarianism was an issue at Ibrox and he responded like that,not meaning it literally.

Around Gattuso's time at Ibrox he wouldn't have been asked to remove his crucifix.

Even Gabby Amato was only advised not to bless himself when entering the field of play if he didn't want

to have the fans boo him,he wasn't ordered not to do it