Whittaker a nightmare defensively.

If Papac returns (as expected)next saturday,surely Walter isn't thinking of starting Whittaker at right back against McGeady :unsure:

Anyone but Whittaker will do me,he simply cannot defend, (td) especially against a player with a bit of speed. :(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has vastly improved recently in this run of games in my opinon. Who else would you play at RB?

Everyone to their own though. . .

He has vastly improved recently in this run of games in my opinon. Who else would you play at RB?

Everyone to their own though. . .

Been trying to persuade myself of that, but tbh I don't think it's true. Whittaker is a total bombscare defensively - in the second half yesterday Hearts had realised this and every time they got the ball it was pumped down their right. If the delivery had been half decent they would have scored and the league would now be virtually over. Neil McCann ripped him apart at RB too. He's got something going forward, I agree, but he can't tackle and doesn't close down.

Dailly was utterly awful going forward yesterday but he's (marginally) the better defender.

Driver is a better player than McGeady and all Hearts done was pump the ball in behind Whittaker, the pass never worked once. Whittaker always stuck with Driver and hes better than any of ther other right backs at the club.

well who can do a better job at right back then polar?

As I said Jardy,anyone but Whittaker will suit me.Granted we don't have a lot to choose from,but if he were fit,I'd probably go with Broadfoot.

He and Davis have done a pretty good job double teaming McGeady in the past. (tu)

I just don't think my heart could take 90 min. of McGeady running at Whittaker. :(

Whittiker has done more than enough recently to warrant his chance against Celtic.

We'll never know if he's good enough if we dont give him the chance.

I don't rate Whittaker defensively at all, his positioning is awful. He'll have to watch out aswell as he tends to fly into challenges - an early yellow, and, we have a a problem. He seems pacey when running with the ball, but when tracking back, or chasing the opposition, he's slow.

Still rather have Whittaker than Broadfoot.

in all fairness, Driver ripped hutton to shreds at Ibrox aswell

In all fairness we are not discussing Hutton. This is about the inability of Whittaker to defend,and as Jardy says he was torn an new arsehole(in his natural

possition RB)by Neil McCann a couple of weeks back. :blush:

Whittiker has done more than enough recently to warrant his chance against Celtic.

We'll never know if he's good enough if we dont give him the chance.

Truth is,if Whittaker had not scored a few spectacular goals,the gpeople on this forum would be screaming for his head right now. :rolleyes:

in all fairness, Driver ripped hutton to shreds at Ibrox aswell

In all fairness we are not discussing Hutton. This is about the inability of Whittaker to defend,and as Jardy says he was torn an new arsehole(in his natural

possition RB)by Neil McCann a couple of weeks back. :blush:

Good thread (tu)

The one thing that concerned me most from the Hertz game was Driver totally skinning Whittaker - and ive seen McGeady do the same.

We're not exactly spoilt for riches in that department, but i still think Whittaker seems to crumble in the big matches more than Broadfoot does (is he even fit?).

I think he should play because of his ability going forward - and remember we MUST win this game - but he must actually attack and be covered properly

" a nightmare "?, " a bombscare " ? Give me a break. He may not be the best defensively but not even close to those descriptions. He plays with more grit and determination than anyone else on our team and that will do me just fine on Saturday thank you very much. And if he pops up with one of his wonder goals, I will be elated. One of our better and consistant players in the past six weeks. I keep hearing how fast Dailly is but I'll take Whittaker at right back anyday.

WTF? Am I the only person who thinks he's been playing very well recently?

It's amazing what a couple of cracking goals will do for ones popularity :rolleyes:

Right...so I disagree with what you say and you make out the only reason for that is because he scored two goals.

If that is all you see of him, I suggest you stop just watching the highlights.

WTF? Am I the only person who thinks he's been playing very well recently?

It's amazing what a couple of cracking goals will do for ones popularity :rolleyes:

Right...so I disagree with what you say and you make out the only reason for that is because he scored two goals.

If that is all you see of him, I suggest you stop just watching the highlights.

you are not allowed to debate his statement. Its his thread title, its obviously the truth, you have to accept it or fuck off :rolleyes:

So Whittaker plays against one pacey out and out winger who is electric over 5 yards, comfortably quicker than McGeady, and suddenly he is the anti-christ? He has been just about most consistent performers for around 2 months and is a great attacking outlet who pops up with the odd wonder goal. Driver couldnt have done that much damage yesterday against him if Alexander never had a save to make in the match really??? Smith will have no hesitation in playing him on Saturday!!!