***Player Rater: Hibs V Rangers***

Danny

Sorry chaps, I removed Fleck from the rater as you guys pointed out he didn't get on as a sub, but a nice wee glitch meant your replies are all the same as my OP.

Oops :D

Alexander: 7 Didn't do much wrong again - good use of the ball and a couple of decent saves.

Weir: 7 Led well enough and tried to urge his side on in the second half especially.

Bougherra: 7 A couple of slightly shaky moments at the back and a silly yellow, but grew more and more and eventually did well up front.

Dailly: 6 Solid enough, always a willing outlet.

Whittaker: 8 Great game from him, some fantastic runs and dribbles.

Edu: 7 His usual game, the odd loss of possession.

Mendes: 6 Slightly better than usual, didn't hide. His final ball was often poor but he kept coming for the ball in the middle and feeding the flanks.

Davis: 6 Worked hard enough but wasn't able to influence the game a great deal.

Smith: 1 Utterly anonymous and fans could play better than he did. You can't score more than one when he just didn't do anything.

Velicka: 4 Doesn't have the mobility or aerial dominance a target man needs, and got no chances to score at all.

Boyd: 3 Abysmal - wasted a couple of half chances, was useless in every other way.

Lafferty: 6 Wasted out on the left - should have been on up top. But did well enough with what he had.

Novo: 5 No lack of effort but really wasteful with golden chances.

Alexander - 6 Gave me a couple of nervy moments.

Dailly - 6 Did nothing wrong,solid at the back followed instructions to send high balls to Jones.

Weir - 6 Coped well with having to stand around for long spells.

Bougherra - 7 Our most dangerous forward.

Whittaker - 5 Tried his best but he is just not good enough.

Edu - 5 Caught in possession too much again.

Davis - 4 Resting on his laurals?

Mendes - 5 One dimensional to say the least, consistent in passing wide to Dailly but I suppose his excuse would be the lack of movement in front, however he did the same in the second half.

Smith - 1 Missing!

Velicka - 2 Did the same as in his other games but no goal to excuse him tonight.

Boyd - 5 No decent service but he did try compete against the odds in the aerial battle.

Novo - 5 Lack of match fitness and reactions cost us although he was the forward who actually got into the right position.

Lafferty - 4 Tried to do the complicated ball rather than the right one.

Team selection completely wrong and as for tactics; playing to the strength of the opposition is not a good tactic and my fears expressed yesterday came true; how can an experienced manager be so naive so many times?

I cannot believe my fellow bears have given Dailly a higher mark than Boyd, and only marginally behind several other players.

Seriously, 5/10 for a guy that put not one good ball into the box, cant tackle, cant win a header, cant run, cant pass. There is a very good reason why Hibs gave him the freedom of Easter Road last night. As soon as he got the ball, the next player to touch it was 99/100 a Hibs player.

A total and utter waste of space and an empty shirt every single time.

I almost want him to get sent off because at least then he cant give the ball away.

Anyone watching would have noticed we had to swap the full backs over with about 15-20 minutes to go to see if Whittaker could use the space that Dailly couldn't. but Hibs were too clever for that and closed down Whittaker and gave Dailly all the space on the other side of the park!!

If Hibs and big Mixu could see clearly what a weak link he is and how poor his ditribution is, why cant Walter??

I cannot believe my fellow bears have given Dailly a higher mark than Boyd, and only marginally behind several other players.

tbf you reckon Arthur Numan was the second best LB on earth in 1998 and that Mendes is the best player in the SPL.

And you don't even state these as opinions, you state them as facts and look condescendingly at anyone who disagrees.

If I have you mixed up with someone else I apologise :)

As for Dailly, he put in a decent shift last night, and Boyd was absolutely crap.

Alexander -- 6. Did nothing wrong, but his kick-outs leave something to be desired and was almost caught out a couple of times.

Dailly ------- 7. Put in a decent shift, including some good tackles and half-decent crosses. Too often, especially in the 1st half, he was the only one giving the defence an out ball. Moved to the left in the 2nd half and coped well enough.

Weir -------- 7. A steady display again, with some well-timed tackles.

Bougherra - 8. In some games Madjid looks like he wants to pick the team up and carry them on his shoulders. Last night at times I could almost feel his frustration at the inability of his teammates to create anything worthwhile.

Whittaker -- 7. Another good display from Whittaker, and yet again his most impressive spell was when he moved forward into midfield and caused panic in the Hibs side with his surging, mazy runs.

Edu --------- 6. Did the simple stuff well enough, but was found lacking when we needed a strong, driving presence in midfield. Caught in possession far too often and looked tentative in the tackle at times. Not his best game.

Davis ------- 5. He tried hard, but we need more than effort from our midfielders than that. Had little or no effect on the game and was posted missing for large chunks of it. Left Dailly badly exposed on more than one occasion in the 1st half.

Mendes ----- 6. Far too lackadaisical in the 1st half but improved a little in the 2nd. Tried to do something different but nothing really came off for him. Again, not his best display by some margin.

Smith ------- 4. Abysmal for most of his 45mins on the park. He couldn't have complained if he's been subbed after 20mins.

Velicka ----- 4. Movement, touch, pace..........last night he showed none. Horrible display.

Boyd -------- 4. Spent long spells sitting on his arse after falling over his shadow. His lack of technique is quite shocking at times. Poor, poor, poor.

Novo -------- 4. Helped bring a sense of urgency to proceedings and scored the equaliser. Could and should have had a hat-trick though.

Lafferty ----- 5. Looked energetic and skillful when he came on. Provided a real threat from the left.