McCoist

gman

To put everything aside that's going to happen over the next 7/8 days.

His name still sends shivers down my spine when i hear it. Thinking back to great days.

He's still my fkin hero.

His name still sends shivers down my spine when i hear it. Thinking back to great days.

He's still my fkin hero.

Good on you (tu)

McCoist was my favourite player when I was a youngster, absolutely loved him. That is one guy who's doing his dream job. He'll always be Super Ally to me :praise:

It's easy to be flipant, not so easy to do it well, my friend.

Does the truth hurt.

I'll bite minstral, tell me what McCoist has done wrong? Should we sack the groundskeeper as well? We all know Ally's just "learning" under Walter (God I hope he's not taking too many notes!). If we're getting rid of everybody culpable, we need a whole new management team/squad/board for next season, and that's not going to be too easy on the money we have available.

Does the truth hurt.

I'll bite minstral, tell me what McCoist has done wrong? Should we sack the groundskeeper as well? We all know Ally's just "learning" under Walter (God I hope he's not taking too many notes!). If we're getting rid of everybody culpable, we need a whole new management team/squad/board for next season, and that's not going to be too easy on the money we have available.

So if we dont win it what do you do, trust McCoist to win it next season, and if he fails that will be another title to the scum. To be honest if you are part of the management and the manager fails then you go with him.

i fundamentally disagree - why should you go?, minstral, if your Boss fails ? what if you had no say?

So what you are saying is he is a yes man, who sees how bad we are and says nothing to Walter.

Does the truth hurt.

So if we dont win it what do you do, trust McCoist to win it next season, and if he fails that will be another title to the scum. To be honest if you are part of the management and the manager fails then you go with him.

How far down does that responsibility go? I don;t know the answer, just asking the question. For what it's worth, I think the op's point was that Ally was, is, and always will be a Rangers legend. In my eyes, that's 100% correct, whether we win the league under Walter Smith (with Ally as Deputy/apprentice) or not.

Does the truth hurt.

How far down does that responsibility go? I don;t know the answer, just asking the question. For what it's worth, I think the op's point was that Ally was, is, and always will be a Rangers legend. In my eyes, that's 100% correct, whether we win the league under Walter Smith (with Ally as Deputy/apprentice) or not.

I loved Ally as a player, but as a manager i am not so sure.

He's still my fkin hero.

definately, mate,im with you on this one! :praise:

Does the truth hurt.

I loved Ally as a player, but as a manager i am not so sure.

I agree, except that I know I'm not sure about him as a manager. I'm sure the op was about him being a Rangers legend, which he has been for all my life (or as much as I can remember watching Rangers. The fact that he took a job which he couldn't possibly refuse (would any of you have turned down the offer to be Rangers assistant manager, no matter whether you thought you could do it well or not?) won't ever take that away from me.

first time i saw mcCoist was at old muirton park, i was about 9, they played st johnston and the pitch was invaded by women everywhere to get to him, i realised then he was just like me :blush:

canna believe he is getting so much stick, remember he aint the number 1, he dont make the decisions does he, and i for one would love him as manager as i think he would be an attacking minded manager, and just cause walter goes dont mean mccoist cant still be a number two, still learning, he is young afterall

Is his record in the domestic cups not pretty good though?

Smith apparently took charge of the CIS Cup Final and promptly lost it, but hasn't Ally done well in the games he's been 'given'?

Smith apparently took charge of the CIS Cup Final and promptly lost it, but hasn't Ally done well in the games he's been 'given'?

Hasn't lost one has he? Apart from the final where Smith took over?

That's what I was thinking.

Assuming Smith actually did take over that game, and it's not just a made up claim in order to have another go at him.

no, but he has struggled against every first division team he has played.