McGhee in line for his dream job so it seems

My brother in law was telling me he heard a tim on the radio, who was seriously suggesting Rykard (spelling) as manager, because sellic huv a "puuurrree speeeecccieal relationship wae the barca n that!! doh

I'd rather see Mhark McGhee at the piggery, than Gordon Strachan - Strachan is a better manager!

I hope celtc do go for McGhee. An absolutely pish manager, who will split the celtc fans right down the middle, and, bring in complete, and, utter shite!

Guest Andypendek

It's damn unsporting of Strachan to leave so soon, and give his successor the maximum time to prepare. If he'd waited a couple more weeks, he could have dropped them even further in it.

Guest Andypendek

Saw in the phone in thread some tim has suggested Eriksson, that's a pretty good shout in all fairness.

Saw in the phone in thread some tim has suggested Eriksson, that's a pretty good shout in all fairness.

Eriksson loves a big budget, winning the league with Lazio nearly put them out of business. Doubt the Celtic board will spend big all of a sudden if they have been nearly debt free for over a year and still didn't give Strachan any cash.

Guest Andypendek

True, but they might not tell him he ain't getting any money. Nah, you're probably right. But I'm still freaked at seeing how young you are from that photo. Get tae your bed!

Problem is McGhee is actually a half decent manager. Better than WGS anyway.

I disagree.

On what basis.

He's not half decent and he's not better than WGS.

On what basis.

On what basis is he better? He's not even achieved top 6 this season! I'd be delighted if he went to Celtic!

I heard someone say WGS is a Championship manager. I'd agree with that. McGhee, on completely limited resources, has a Motherwell side who finished 7 this year and was it 3rd last year?

Remember this is a small town team with no money - they should be bottom 4 every season tbh.

They've got no less money than most other spl teams. The squad he currently has is better than 7th place.

Then what about Moyes? One season his Everton side is in the top 7, next it's almost fighting off relegation. Yet no one would suggest he's a bad manager.

I just think McGhee is a better manager than some seem to think. And while I'm not terrified of him being their new boss, I don't think it will weaken them much.

In the last 5 years, Moyes's record is as follows:

2004/2005 4th place (CL qualifiers)

2005/2006 11th place

2006/2007 6th place (UEFA cup)

2007/2008 5th position (UEFA cup)

2008/2009 5th position (UEFA cup + FA cup final)

There is no doubting he is an excellent manager.

To be fair to him Tony Mowbray is a good manager and the like the way his teams play football. McGhee is fuckin hopeless so touch wood the Tims once again take the cheap option :)

Had to laugh when some of them were suggesting Roy Keane. A manager who couldn't handle the pressure cooker of Sunderland wants to come to half of the Old Firm :craphead:

Eriksson loves a big budget, winning the league with Lazio nearly put them out of business. Doubt the Celtic board will spend big all of a sudden if they have been nearly debt free for over a year and still didn't give Strachan any cash.

and I don't think there are many stunning secretaries at the Ticdome :craphead:

Eriksson does have a few boxes that need ticked off before considering a move!

They are a dillusional bunch!

Tim at work is sure they are in with a shout of Guus Hiddink ( nearly went to them before o'neil apparently? )

I don't think they have the budget and spending to lure even a half decent manager, so you can rule out Moyes for a start.

Coyle surely won't walk away from maybe his only crack at the Premership, so i think they will end up with Mcghee or someone at this level.

Whoever comes in will not have much to spend ( they have been downsizing for years also ) and their current squad are either ageing, out of contract or just plain shite!