Wee Chesney = Gone!

i know that you'll all shout me down on this one, but i reckon that Celtic will go for David Moyes. I'm pretty sure he won't go, but that'll be number one 1 on their list.

he would have good reason to go as well :

No money, in the shadow of liverpool, no chance of winning anything. Celtic would at least offer him a shot a the CL and the chance to compete for a title.

Thoughts?

no chance

they couldnt afford him

they cant offer him champs league, only 2 tough qualifiers

selik squad is shite

they too have no money

no chance of Davie Moyes going to them, he has already said he wont do it, already signed a new deal at Everton who have a great squad, are top 6 material, will have money, can spend £10m on 1 player, are moving to new stadium and play in the premiership.

Moyes :uk:

;)

Everybody knows that contracts aren't worth the paper they are inked on, all that it ensures is that celtic would have to pay top dollar.

There is no point fooling ourselves. Celtic do have more money than us and with so little debt im pretty sure they could afford him.

The real question is, as a manager that is so highly thought off, do you sacrifice quality for glory and the potential of that champions league that the old firm can offer.

My view is really that he won't go, but I'm pretty sure he'll think long and hard. As an end note - his brother coaches at my old primary school and i am realiably informed he was a celtic fan as a kid, although he was never a die in the wool fan.

:pipe:

dont think so mate, check again, the whole family is red, white n blue

;)

its a non story

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be a step down for moyes!! He's a likely canditate to replace sir alex ffs!!

pretty sure Jose Mourinho has his eye on that. Martin O Neil is a head of Moyes on the Man Utd job - partly because he has CL experience.

I think actually Levein has a really good chance

Levein would be cool I mean we already hate him :pipe:

peter says:

Strachan resigns as Celtic boss

JOJO says:

haha

JOJO says:

ano m8 best news in 4 yeers

peter says:

wee chesney

JOJO says:

time for rykaard

JOJO says:

or how ever ye spell it lol

peter says:

ahahaha

peter says:

no chance

JOJO says:

i chance

JOJO says:

hes in tawks the new

peter says:

ahahahahahahaha

JOJO says:

dermot desmond

JOJO says:

just said on sky

JOJO says:

sports news

ahaha

I heard a few weeks back that chez was of sunderland (YAWN) and Curbishley has been offered the job!

Owen Coyle would cost cash and bearing in mind they need a new team with no guarentee of CL football I really cant see them taking the gamble to invest heavily!

I am shocked but not shocked but I think its a bad move by the tims and they will regret hopefully?

Fuck them anyway!

according to peter matin there he says cellik a looking at steve mclaren, steve coppel and alan curbishly as possible replacements. :craphead:

I thought it was interesting that when PLG quit, Clyde 1 stopped all programs for a PLG Quits's Rangers Special Phone in- no such programs for the Celtic fans. Not a dig, just an interesting observation.

On the names mentioned above -

Steve Mclaren just turned down the Ajax job, so no chance of him going to Celtic

but Alan Curbishly and Steve Coppel are good shouts - neither would apease celtic fans which is a bonus.

I actually feel a wee bit sorry for Strachan, never accepted really as manager of Septic, I think he deserved better to be honest. If Lennon takes over i'll be in hysterics, he'd be utter shite.

I actually feel a wee bit sorry for Strachan, never accepted really as manager of Septic, I think he deserved better to be honest. If Lennon takes over i'll be in hysterics, he'd be utter shite.

The guy's the definition of the word bitter. Not in a proley kafflicks vs proddies way, just an incredibly bitter and arrogant wee man who hates talking to the press.

he was perfect for them really.

I still think it'll be Mowbray.

The guy's the definition of the word bitter. Not in a proley kafflicks vs proddies way, just an incredibly bitter and arrogant wee man who hates talking to the press.

he was perfect for them really.

I still think it'll be Mowbray.

think your right, either him or possibly john hughes or Levein

Walter Smith has paid tribute to Gordon Strachan for doing an excellent job at Celtic over the last four years.

Strachan quit the Parkhead club on Monday after failing in his quest to win a fourth successive championship.

During his time in the east end of Glasgow, Strachan guided the Hoops to three consecutive league titles and the last 16 of the Champions League twice. And, despite pipping him to the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title at the weekend, Smith believes the former Celtic boss deserved more credit.

He said: "I've been on record as saying that I find it very difficult the criticism that Gordon takes. A football manager has to be successful and I think Celtic have been extremely successful, not just in domestic circumstances but also in European games.

"I don't think that Scottish teams in recent years have had the credit for how they do. Rangers and Celtic get criticised for their European performances but we don't compete on the same field as a lot of the teams who are involved in the Champions League financially.

"We do so domestically and when we win the league, people make allowances for all the other clubs who can't challenge us. But they don't make allowances for us when we are unable to challenge in the Champions League. I think Gordon Strachan has done an excellent job at Celtic over the last few years."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25052009/63/...ved-credit.html

There was a mutual respect there - Strachan praised Smith in similar fashion, and Rangers as a whole including our playera and staff.

cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio

cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio cheerio

:gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad:

Good news for us. He actually was very good for the scum. Now.. they need to go into a rebuilding phase -- so any chance they had of CL qual, is officially gone. Add to that if they get a wanker like McGhee... no way in hell is he a better manager than Strapon.

The news just gets better with each passing day.

collymore is slaughtering selik on talksport just now

Collymore just said:

"Today's all about Burnley getting into the Premiership. Strachan has just left his Celtic post; this may affect Burnely and it may affect Celtic"

no joke!