Chris Brunt

Guest Andypendek

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ppl need to get real about how much it costs to buy a player from England. It was the same last summer when loads of ppl on here said that Davis wasn't worth 3M.

Commons was being tipped last week for a 5M move to the EPL (Wigan?). If that's the sort of money being offered for a Championship player why does it surprise anyone that it will at least 3M to get a player who scored 8 goals in the EPL this season? I'd say that Ferguson plus 1.5 - 2M would be good business. Don't really know that much about the player, just going on his recent record, but I do trust Smith on his transfer picks.

I think he could do a job for us despite what people have said.

same mate anytime i have seen him play he has been great, even though people on here thinks he is shit

STEVEN DAVIS believes that his Northern Ireland teammate Chris Brunt would be an excellent summer signing for Rangers.

Chris BruntIn the past week rumours in the press have suggested that Walter Smith has his eye on the West Bromwich Albion star who is a lifelong Gers fan.

The left-sided winger scored several goals at the end of the 2008/09 Premiership season and at 24 fits the criteria required by the Ibrox gaffer.

Davis knows Brunt well from his time on international duty and feels he has all the attributes to be a hit at Ibrox.

He said: "I don't want to say too much as a I don't know if there is any truth in it.

"But I have played with him at Northern Ireland and he is a good player.

"He has shown that this season with West Brom and although they have had a difficult year he has been one of their best performers."

It is good to see more ulster men who are rangers through and through sign for Rangers. Players that bleed red white and blue. In my opion i believe Rangers can dominate scotland for years to come. They have got a mixture of young and older players. all we need now is a couple of hard men who dont take shit from anyone.

No SURRENDER :gerbad::gerbad::gerbad:

It is good to see more ulster men who are rangers through and through sign for Rangers. Players that bleed red white and blue. In my opion i believe Rangers can dominate scotland for years to come. They have got a mixture of young and older players. all we need now is a couple of hard men who dont take shit from anyone.

No SURRENDER :gerbad::gerbad::gerbad:

ian ferguson we need a player like him

Guest Andypendek

Come on, we're not going to go through this again are we? There's an element of hit and miss in every signing, I accept that. But IF we're interested and IF we're willing to pay a large fee, then Walter Smith has seen enough to rate the player.

That makes him good enough for me. If he turns out to be mince, we'll soon find out. But there's nothing to be gained from ripping someone before he's even signed. You know what we should do, create a list of acceptable players and unacceptable players. Then if we're linked to anyone on The Black List we won't have to bother adding new posts decrying WS for his latest target.

Come on, we're not going to go through this again are we? There's an element of hit and miss in every signing, I accept that. But IF we're interested and IF we're willing to pay a large fee, then Walter Smith has seen enough to rate the player.

That makes him good enough for me. If he turns out to be mince, we'll soon find out. But there's nothing to be gained from ripping someone before he's even signed. You know what we should do, create a list of acceptable players and unacceptable players. Then if we're linked to anyone on The Black List we won't have to bother adding new posts decrying WS for his latest target.

thats a good idea.

Might aswell go for Feeney, Baird, Healy, Gault, Lawrie....while we are at it.

If we spend anything near £3m on Chris Brunt, then it just shows how poor our scouting is!

I couldn't give a shit if they are Rangers or Ulster men - if they are not good enough, then they should not be at the club, and, people need to realise this, and, get it out their heads. One of the many reasons why we have been so poor for years.

I think they are good enough muff. Davis and lafferty certainly are. From what I here from a few Northern Irish lads, Brunt is every bit as good as Davis, and is their equivalent to David Beckham :). I was on the west brom section of 606 and asked what they thought of him and they all said he was their best player, and were demanding at least 5mil for the boy. I personally would go for someone with a bit more pace such as Driver who is surprisingly only 21 aswell.

i wont claim to be a expect on the boy because i have only seen highlights from MOTD but he looks ok there

and he plays in a problem position for us LM with a good goalscoring record to boot

but . . . 4.5m! no thanks but for a 2-3m and he lives up to what i have heard about him could be a good signing bearing in mind we shall hopefully be stripping the team of the dead weight to make a bit of cash

If his fitness and work rate are in question at a premier league club, the former is only gonna deteriorate at ours.

I disagree with that if he is a life long Bear then surely he will play his heart out for us. Look at Davis didnt get a game for Fulham then came to us and played out of his Skin he gives 100% every week its not his fault he is played out of position.

And you cant compair him with Charlie Adam he wouldnt even geta a game in the EPL

If his fitness and work rate are in question at a premier league club, the former is only gonna deteriorate at ours.

I disagree with that if he is a life long Bear then surely he will play his heart out for us. Look at Davis didnt get a game for Fulham then came to us and played out of his Skin he gives 100% every week its not his fault he is played out of position.

And you cant compair him with Charlie Adam he wouldnt even geta a game in the EPL

If you can name 1 player whose fitness has improved since Walter and Co took over I'd like to hear it. Davis has always been a fit and energetic midfielder.

I put it to you this way if Brunt was any good why the fuck is he playing at WBA and only Fulham are interested ?

the last thing we need is another Chuck playing on the left and doing absolutly fuck all defensive duties i would rather Fleck stayed out wide left permantley is a better player and is only going to get better.

I put it to you this way if Brunt was any good why the fuck is he playing at WBA and only Fulham are interested ?

the last thing we need is another Chuck playing on the left and doing absolutly fuck all defensive duties i would rather Fleck stayed out wide left permantley is a better player and is only going to get better.

Championship/lower Premiership is the market we operate in now (depressingly)