first european game

rab wilson

Who remembers their first european game at the brox? Mine was Dukla Prague in 81/82 and we won 2-1 but lost 4-2 on aggregate.If i remember right I think Jim Bett scored both but could be wrong.I was only a wee boy(9). i was standing in the east enclosure for the first time (clap) (clap) .Came out and knew every rangers song off by heart.Great atmosphere

UEFA CUP... 82/83 Borussia Dortmund....2-0 win. Can remember a very vocal German support, think they were in the top teer of the broomloan.

They were wearing their famous yellow tops with the UHU glue sponser.

Also the programme was pinkish which was fairly unusual.

Alania Vladvadkaz (spelling?) 3-1 @ Ibrox thanks to McInnes, McCoist and Petric championee .

The Russains missed a penalty and a guy invaded the pitch to shake hands with Andy Goram (he was arrested). I was seated right at the front and the atmosphere was amazing! For many years I had a reproduced version of the Russian match postert on my wall.

We won the away tie 7-2 and saw ourselves as cracks for the European Cup (header) .

Ah, those heady days... :rolleyes:

Alania Vladvadkaz (spelling?) 3-1 @ Ibrox thanks to McInnes, McCoist and Petric championee .

The Russains missed a penalty and a guy invaded the pitch to shake hands with Andy Goram (he was arrested). I was seated right at the front and the atmosphere was amazing! For many years I had a reproduced version of the Russian match postert on my wall.

We won the away tie 7-2 and saw ourselves as cracks for the European Cup (header) .

Ah, those heady days... :rolleyes:

Ankaragucu in 1974(ish). We won 4-0.