Mo Ross on Ibrox Uncovered

gordov

A great interview with Maurice Ross who said playing for Rangers was the biggest honour in his life and admitted he should've done a few things differently. Great words from the guy and if only a few more had his passion.

dont remember seeing much passion from him when he wore the jersey??

too much of a bily big time if you ask me.

How do you know that this wasn't one of the things he wished he did differently? :rolleyes:

Me and my mates met him on Sauchihall Street one night at Christmas two years ago when he was off on a break from Viking. We were all steaming and so was he but a nicer guy you could not meet. My mate recognised him and shouts "Mo, Mo, do you still own the wee Rangers club?" and he came up and talked to us for about twenty minutes. Just talking about Rangers and he spoke really warmly about the club. I'd heard the stories about him as well and that he thought he was a big time charlie but speaking to him he was one of the soundest blokes you could meet.

i didn't ask you

i dont really care.

thats my opinion.

and the guy was also never rangers class.

just another one who thought they had made it and pissed it all away.

He did fuck all of the sort. His only crime was playing for Rangers at a bad time and having the misfortune to become the target for the boo boys in the same way Lovenkrands did. He had been developing into a decent over lapping full back, but after that he was terrified to try to get forward in case he was caught out at the back. He never pissed anything away, a section of the Rangers support did that for him. As for Rngers class. I am growing so weary of that tired old phrase. It hasn't been worth anything for years.