Parent Club

We are a wee club! lets face it! we have just signed davie weir on another years contract! tell me were the big club and ambition is in that!

so yes mate we need a feeder club!

We have one. Linfield are our feeder club.

Rangers are a big club. We are a big club in a bit of financial bother, that's why we are bring players like Weir in. Although, i think he has done a fantastic job for us. Having money does not make you a big club. IE Man City. They will have to pay so, so, so over the odds for big players it's a joke.

how are linfield our feeder cub?

we are linfields parent club hence friendlies but yet to see any players from them

we dont need a parent club, we are a huge club in terms of fan base, sales, and traditions. clubs should be looking to us to get their younger talents experience!! we have had loan deals with good players for a long time!!!!!

Shpecial Rhelashionships. It's the way forward I tell ye!!

(tu)

i would be more than happy if it ended up with up getting decent young players i think some fans are getting carried away with how big we are , i think it would be an achievement to be linked with a team like barcelona,milan etc

We are a wee club! lets face it! we have just signed davie weir on another years contract! tell me were the big club and ambition is in that!

so yes mate we need a feeder club!

We have one. Linfield are our feeder club.

Rangers are a big club. We are a big club in a bit of financial bother, that's why we are bring players like Weir in. Although, i think he has done a fantastic job for us. Having money does not make you a big club. IE Man City. They will have to pay so, so, so over the odds for big players it's a joke.

how are linfield our feeder cub?

we are linfields parent club hence friendlies but yet to see any players from them

The Linfield agreement was only for Pre-season friendlies so fans in Nrth.Ireland could see Rangers. There was no player agreements in it (as far as i'm aware).

Pretty sure that's been cancelled as well.

Was wondering how fellow bears would react to us having a parent club?

I expect many to come out with bold comments about how we shouldn't rely on anyone else, because we are the most sucessful club in the world...

BUT hold on. There are many benefits. If we were able to get a deal between ourselves and a sound european team, for example your Bayerns, Valencia's etc, we could loan a lot of their upcoming talent. In some circumstances, even players they don't want to play (for example a club's very own Hemdani conundrum).

I know many people would say that "Walter doesn't play youngsters", and I partly agree. However, if we took on players who had signed for this parent club, but had flopped in their first season (usually due down to lack of strength, adaption etc.), we could really help by toughening these players up in our league. It would also give us an option to sign players who performed well for us, but weren't thought to be good enough by a top european side.

I remember Celtic were linked with Juventus in a similar style deal a few years back, and quite frankly it terrified me. Does anyone else think we should be looking at forming a partnership with a "big club" in terms of Champions League sucess?

Not even a point for discussion !!!!!!

'Parent' club is a poor choice of term, but Id be happy to have stronger relationship with a big European team on an equal basis.

We could almost 'share' players, and players as we know settle at some clubs and not others, therefore it could benefit both parties.

Its a yes from me.

That was discussed a while back wasnt it? Us, Arsenal and Juve if I remember correctly. Nothing wrong with it, but, Rangers as a feeder club is wrong