***The Confederations Cup Official thread***- Sunday's below 19:30

Boab

All these horns must be destroyed before next years World Cup. They don't add anything to the atmosphere... just irritate everyone else watching.

Blatter has already told the BBC (and other broadcasters who complained) that they wont be banned.

But after watching the rest of this tournament, i have a feeling people will get so sick of them they will be.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these horns must be destroyed before next years World Cup. They don't add anything to the atmosphere... just irritate everyone else watching.

Blatter has already told the BBC (and other broadcasters who complained) that they wont be banned.

But after watching the rest of this tournament, i have a feeling people will get so sick of them they will be.

Just imagine paying good money flying to South Africa, money for a hotel, and tickets, and getting stuck next to a guy with one of those horns

Just imagine paying good money flying to South Africa, money for a hotel, and tickets, and getting stuck next to a guy with one of those horns

and then getting a life sentance ......

These horns will ruin the world cup. The SA Federation said they're 'essential to the South African experience'. Well, frankly it's world cup and not a local derby - these bazoongas or whatever they are have to be scrapped.

These horns will ruin the world cup. The SA Federation said they're 'essential to the South African experience'. Well, frankly it's world cup and not a local derby - these bazoongas or whatever they are have to be scrapped.

I literally have a headache after every match, its bullshit.

Also, wow USA almost scored, hit the crossbar.

Would be fine if they played a tune or something, but its just a constant drone of buzzing.

Just clocked a few internet campaigns there that are trying to get the banned before next years World Cup.

he played last night missed a sitter, doesnt look that great tbh

I've never seen him play.

It was just weird because I knew I remembered the name from somewhere!

tbf the service wasnt the greatest the SA players seem to get very excited when in the final 3rd maybe im just being a little bit harsh on the lad (tu)

The commentator said he has a good goal scoring record for some team in Israel cant remember which one though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8106502.stm

Fifa to discuss vuvuzela future

Fifa is to discuss the future of the vuvuzela, the noisy plastic trumpet blown at the Confederations Cup.

The trumpet has drawn complaints from European television stations.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter told a media briefing he was aware of complaints the din of the instrument was drowning out the commentary.

The Fifa chief said broadcasters wanted it banned at this tournament and next year's World Cup in South Africa.

Blatter said football's governing body would discuss the matter with the organisers.

"It's a local sound and I don't know how it is possible to stop it," he said on Wednesday.

"I always said that when we go to South Africa, it is Africa. It's not western Europe.

"It's noisy, it's energy, rhythm, music, dance, drums. This is Africa. We have to adapt a little," the Fifa boss said.

Vuvuzelas, which have been given away free to fans, are a constant background to Confederations Cup games.

Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke said last year the vuvuzela would not be banned unless it was used as a weapon by fighting fans.

Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso said: "I think they should be banned. They make it very difficult for the players to communicate with each other and to concentrate.

"They are a distraction and do nothing for the atmosphere," he added after his team's 1-0 win over Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8106502.stm

Fifa to discuss vuvuzela future

Fifa is to discuss the future of the vuvuzela, the noisy plastic trumpet blown at the Confederations Cup.

The trumpet has drawn complaints from European television stations.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter told a media briefing he was aware of complaints the din of the instrument was drowning out the commentary.

The Fifa chief said broadcasters wanted it banned at this tournament and next year's World Cup in South Africa.

Blatter said football's governing body would discuss the matter with the organisers.

"It's a local sound and I don't know how it is possible to stop it," he said on Wednesday.

"I always said that when we go to South Africa, it is Africa. It's not western Europe.

"It's noisy, it's energy, rhythm, music, dance, drums. This is Africa. We have to adapt a little," the Fifa boss said.

Vuvuzelas, which have been given away free to fans, are a constant background to Confederations Cup games.

Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke said last year the vuvuzela would not be banned unless it was used as a weapon by fighting fans.

Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso said: "I think they should be banned. They make it very difficult for the players to communicate with each other and to concentrate.

"They are a distraction and do nothing for the atmosphere," he added after his team's 1-0 win over Iraq.

They should be banned it has put me off watching the games

Teams:

Egypt: El Hadari, Said, Fathi, Said Ahmed, Gomaa, Moawad, Shawky, Homos, Abd Rabou, Aboutreika, Zidan.

Italy: Buffon, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Grosso, De Rossi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Quagliarella, Rossi, Iaquinta.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/8103869.stm