Sky Blue?!

Did anyone else notice how in recent years our kit has changed from a royal blue, to something of a more sky blue?

This seasons especially is a far cry from the shade we donned during the 70s etc.

I thought we were the boys in royal blue? Not the team in sky blue who are royalists :pipe: discuss

its still royal blue really, the worst colour was the first Diadora top to dawn the 5 stars, the really cheap made one, remember everyone had to return them back to the store ?

that was a poor top and a cheap looking blue.

Rangers played in Man City/Napoli light blue until 1930.

Interesting, I never new this because obviously there aren't colour photographs from around then

according to this website: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_F...ers/Rangers.htm

we have always played with the royal blue colour!

CLUB COLOURS.

Rangers colours have almost always been light blue- but the shade of blue was in fact originally of a much lighter hue than of today.Until the 1930s the Rangers blue was similar to that of Manchester City olympique Marseille or Napoli, before the change to a royal blue colour that endures to this day.In 1882 in an effort to provide a catalyst for a change of fortune on the field of play, a change to a hooped blue and white strip was introduced, but after less than a year the club reverted to their traditional light blue.

This was from THE RANGERS MISCELLANY by Robert McElroy, the editor of The Rangers historian magazine.

In the book the strips are all in colour in the middle of the book if anyones got it, i cant do techie stuff.

also on the page is the website www.historicalkits.co.uk

RANGERS home and away kits 1872-2009

its still royal blue really, the worst colour was the first Diadora top to dawn the 5 stars, the really cheap made one, remember everyone had to return them back to the store ?

that was a poor top and a cheap looking blue.

i still wear the shorts to that kit round the house and if i go for a kick about with the lads! i love them

but then again someone had too

CLUB COLOURS.

Rangers colours have almost always been light blue- but the shade of blue was in fact originally of a much lighter hue than of today.Until the 1930s the Rangers blue was similar to that of Manchester City olympique Marseille or Napoli, before the change to a royal blue colour that endures to this day.In 1882 in an effort to provide a catalyst for a change of fortune on the field of play, a change to a hooped blue and white strip was introduced, but after less than a year the club reverted to their traditional light blue.

This was from THE RANGERS MISCELLANY by Robert McElroy, the editor of The Rangers historian magazine.

In the book the strips are all in colour in the middle of the book if anyones got it, i cant do techie stuff.

also on the page is the website www.historicalkits.co.uk

RANGERS home and away kits 1872-2009

I knew we had a hooped shirt before the tims were even born, fucking brilliant!! GIRFUY Timmy :lol:

Rangers played in Man City/Napoli light blue until 1930.

Interesting, I never new this because obviously there aren't colour photographs from around then

according to this website: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_F...ers/Rangers.htm

we have always played with the royal blue colour!

Like someone said, we did play in sky blue up until 1930 odd.

So why are we called in some quaters 'The Light Blues'?

The 95-96 (gazza's first season) adidas shirt was a nice royal blue

Rangers were called the light blues in early days because of the teams build, stature like ! And it stuck, nothing to do with the colour which was and is always Royal Blue. Read the history for fcuks sake ! :sherlock:

So why are we called in some quaters 'The Light Blues'?

The 95-96 (gazza's first season) adidas shirt was a nice royal blue

Rangers were called the light blues in early days because of the teams build, stature like ! And it stuck, nothing to do with the colour which was and is always Royal Blue. Read the history for fcuks sake ! :sherlock:

Robert McElroy of the Rangers Historian will beg to differ, he is the man i quoted in a post above, its something i never knew until reading The Rangers Miscellany( cracking book that tells you everything you would ever need to know about The Rangers) and their sky blue shirts.

We were generally referred to as the 'light blues' mainly because Scotland wore Navy Blue.

Our 'light blue' jersey was mainly referred to as light blue as it was not as dark as the national top, however it was still Royal Blue.

Did anyone else notice how in recent years our kit has changed from a royal blue, to something of a more sky blue?

This seasons especially is a far cry from the shade we donned during the 70s etc.

I thought we were the boys in royal blue? Not the team in sky blue who are royalists :pipe: discuss

lay off the drugs mate