Tevez Joins Man City

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Carlos does not want to go to Liverpool because of their competitive nature with Manchester United. He does love the United fans very much and has a lot of respect for them."

doh

Oh dear...

I wonder how the Man U fans will treat him now?

Tevez is a good player, but City needs to find more balance in the team, just signing strikers won't get them anywhere. I hope they get relegated

Shows that loyalty and badge kissing comes second to money at that level.

Not true, how would of stayed at Man Utd if they played him in their first team and tried to sign him permanently earlier.

Tevez doesn't stike me as a money grabber, and I think there are other reasons as to why he moved to Man City. e.g. getting first team football and proving himself.

Surely they cannot still be after Adebayor?

Marca also has them linked with Luis Fabiano.

According to his agent, Fabiano only wants to join Milan and will reject a move to Man City.

According to Luis Fabiano’s agent the Brazilian wants to join Milan at all costs and is ready to reject an offer from Manchester City.

The Rossoneri have been interested in him for a while now but Sevilla’s demands of £18m for the player is way above their limits.

“I have to admit that there is an offer from the Citizens but my client wants to join Milan,” said Josè Fuentes.

“I want him to be 100 per cent Rossonero and he does as well. He wants to move to Milan and now it is up to the two clubs, they need to find an agreement.”

Milan Vice-president Adriano Galliani initially offered £10m for the player but his bid is expected to rise to £15m. At that stage there will be only a couple of million dividing the two sides figures.

“At the moment there is no news. I don’t know whether there will be an official meeting between Milan and Sevilla but I believe that during this week the Milanesi will get in contact to formulate a new offer.”

"Carlos does not want to go to Liverpool because of their competitive nature with Manchester United. He does love the United fans very much and has a lot of respect for them."

doh

The rivalry between Liverpool and Man Utd is a hundred times more intense than the one between Utd and City. Which is why Denis Law moved between the two without too much fuss.

Waste of money if you ask me.

At least you're a principled man :)

Personally I think he's a world class player but why the fuck do Man City want 500 strikers? Have they caught 'Real Madrid'itis'?

doh

The rivalry between Liverpool and Man Utd is a hundred times more intense than the one between Utd and City. Which is why Denis Law moved between the two without too much fuss.

Yes, but such is the level that Man City aim to acheive, they, in their own little fantasy world, hope to be part of the same competitive nature that will see them "compete" with Manchester United

Personally I think he's a world class player but why the fuck do Man City want 500 strikers? Have they caught 'Real Madrid'itis'?

I don't think Tevez is a "bad" player as such, I just don't think that he's half as good as people make out.

However the bolded part is where my gripe lies.

They already have the ego's of Santa Cruz, Robinho and Bellamy to deal with and if you throw in Adebayor aswell as Tevez then it's going to take a very astute man to keep all of them in check.

What I'm hoping happens is for Robinho to decide that he can't be bothered with it and end up at Barca :pipe:

doh

Yes, but such is the level that Man City aim to acheive, they, in their own little fantasy world, hope to be part of the same competitive nature that will see them "compete" with Manchester United

If they are spending vile sums of money on guys like Tevez, Robinho, SWP, Santa Cruz, possibly Adebayor, and already possessing quality like Ireland and Kompany, quite honestly they will be up there with the best in England.

They could have a very, very strong team next year.

But tbf that's not actually what he said in what you've quoted - he didn't go to Liverpool out of respect for Man Utd's fans. He said nothing else. - didn't compare City with Liverpool/Arsenal etc.

Not true, how would of stayed at Man Utd if they played him in their first team and tried to sign him permanently earlier.

Tevez doesn't stike me as a money grabber, and I think there are other reasons as to why he moved to Man City. e.g. getting first team football and proving himself.

A lot of the South American based pundits have been saying that he wants his daughter to have stability and be brought up in an English speaking country, hence his preference for staying in England.

I think that is one of the main reasons behind the move and after the way he rejected Man Utd on the basis of how they treated him he's obviously a man who puts honesty and integrity before anything else and kudos to him for that.

I don't think Tevez is a "bad" player as such, I just don't think that he's half as good as people make out.

However the bolded part is where my gripe lies.

They already have the ego's of Santa Cruz, Robinho and Bellamy to deal with and if you throw in Adebayor aswell as Tevez then it's going to take a very astute man to keep all of them in check.

What I'm hoping happens is for Robinho to decide that he can't be bothered with it and end up at Barca :pipe:

Let's see:

--------------Given

Zabaleta--Dunne--Richards---Bridge

---------Barry-------Ireland/De Jong

Robinho--------------------------SWP

------------Tevez------Adebayor

Bench:

Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Elano, De Jong/Ireland, Ben Haim.

tbh, there are worse teams than this.

A lot of the South American based pundits have been saying that he wants his daughter to have stability and be brought up in an English speaking country, hence his preference for staying in England.

I think that is one of the main reasons behind the move and after the way he rejected Man Utd on the basis of how they treated him he's obviously a man who puts honesty and integrity before anything else and kudos to him for that.

And it's handy that City are the richest side on earth who can pay players loathesome amounts of cash.

good signing but unbalanced and won't do better than last year unless they improve at the back. only signing bridge this year will be a joke.

Helps that he's the best English LB though.

doh

lmao so it makes it better to move to their manchester rivals :craphead:

Nah, I actually think it's a great signing for them, got plenty of quality but more importantly puts his all into every game.

I like to call this the 'Kirk Broadfoot Mentality' :pipe: