Thoughts on the RST....

MisterC

Is it a force for good giving the fans a voice or is it a bunch of people desperate to be on a pedestal who love the sound of their own voices? Personally I am in favour of fans organisations having a voice, however what if the message being given out is reactionary and sounds ridiculous in some ways like the 'We deserve better' campaign made out that we are a bunch of victims. Do we deserve better than the RST, that is my question.

Thoughts please folks.....

I was in the trust for the 1st 2 yrs of its existence, but chose not to renew, because of all the nonsense going on behind the scenes.

Seemed like ego's took over from where a perfectly good idea started.

i was in the RST for 1 year

then we had all the stories of infighting etc, i think there were bickering over who got on the board to represent the RST?

If so thats a very childish thing and should have went to a members vote with each candidate putting foward what they will do etc if elected.

I no longer trust the RST to represent the fans.

Ive always thoght the RST was heavily linked to followfollow, dunno why? dunno if they are?

Thats another thing that put me off. I cant even register with Follow follow because my email is banned? WTF?!

then we had all the stories of infighting etc, i think there were bickering over who got on the board to represent the RST?

If so thats a very childish thing and should have went to a members vote with each candidate putting foward what they will do etc if elected.

Ive always thoght the RST was heavily linked to followfollow, dunno why? dunno if they are?

Thats another thing that put me off. I cant even register with Follow follow because my email is banned? WTF?!

aye tht came up wen i tried to join aswell

You cant register any of the easy to obtain email addresses like hotmail,yahoo etc.

has to be like sky.com or blueyonder etc if thats any help

Fantastic idea gone horrible wrong. Power struggles, infighting, bitching, self promotion, lies, profiteering and many other terrible faults. When the present incumbents leave the RST, many Bears will rejoin, including myself.

Until then, it's an organisation heading for oblivion.

Who, exactly, out of the 20 board members, do you think should go, and is there any within the 20 you think are worth keeping?

I have my own thoughts, and whilst I dont know all 20 so couldn't do an exact list, I know enough of them to know that some are worth keeping and some would be better off going for the good of the RST as an organisation.

You have been very critical of "The Board", so I was wondering if your call for change was total, or part-change would be enough for you to return your support.

Without doubt, some of the board members are honest and decent individuals with Rangers at heart. However the remainder are not worthy of representing our supporters. I'll not go over old ground here, but suffice to say, egotists and profiteers are in charge. And whilst they control the RST, I and many others refuse to rejoin.

That is partly what I was trying to get at with my question.

How many of the 20 strong board would need to go for you to re-join?

Obviously a hypothetical situation as the current head honchos have no intention of leaving, I would guess, but would 1 leaving be enough for starters, or would you need 3? 4? It is a difficult one IMO as to how deep the problem is within the board, and there are several members of the board I like and they definately have the best intentions, but perhaps are not strong enough or involved enough or interested enough in the politics within the board to illicit change on a grander scale, and would become more useful assets to the RST with a different make-up to the board.