Webster undergoes knee operation

trueblue1872

On-loan Rangers defender Andy Webster has undergone an operation on his injured knee.

The Scotland centre-back had the operation in England to clear up the knee problem that has kept him out of action since his move to Ibrox.

Webster joined Rangers from Wigan in the January transfer window.

And Rangers manager Walter Smith has urged fit-again Dado Prso to play a big role for the club between now and the end of the season.

The 32-year-old striker is poised to return to the starting line-up after a month out with a hamstring injury for Thursday's Uefa Cup tie against Hapoel Tel Aviv.

"He can play a big role for us from now until the end of the season," said Smith, who brought Prso on as a substitute in Sunday's league win over Falkirk.

"He is an experienced player and he knows the game well.

"He showed against Falkirk he can go in and play in different positions for us.

"With the shortage of bodies we have, I'm delighted to get him back."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6377167.stm

Who thinks we'll see him play this season?

I reckon we will but he will only play a handful of games if hes lucky. I thought he could be a decent player for us but if he doesnt get at least half a dozen games before june and prove his fitness then i dont think we should bother trying to get him permanent. We have enough injury prone players. We must be the most injury prone side in the world. Webster gets injured in his first training session, thomson halfway through his debut and ugo in only his 2nd game :-(

I reckon we will see him towards end of March, I was surprised to hear about the operation... I guess it must have been blessed by Wigan as they still own him.. and I agree we should be cautious if he doesnt prove his fitness this season, its amazing of all Walters signings the most consistent has been so called "pensioner" Weir... just shows you how age is nothing these days if you look after yourself...

On-loan Rangers defender Andy Webster has undergone an operation on his injured knee.

The Scotland centre-back had the operation in England to clear up the knee problem that has kept him out of action since his move to Ibrox.

Webster joined Rangers from Wigan in the January transfer window.

And Rangers manager Walter Smith has urged fit-again Dado Prso to play a big role for the club between now and the end of the season.

The 32-year-old striker is poised to return to the starting line-up after a month out with a hamstring injury for Thursday's Uefa Cup tie against Hapoel Tel Aviv.

"He can play a big role for us from now until the end of the season," said Smith, who brought Prso on as a substitute in Sunday's league win over Falkirk.

"He is an experienced player and he knows the game well.

"He showed against Falkirk he can go in and play in different positions for us.

"With the shortage of bodies we have, I'm delighted to get him back."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6377167.stm

Who thinks we'll see him play this season?

Typical bit of business by our beloved RFC nowadays...

A feckin shambles !!!