XP v Vista

Wullie!

I have Vista on my laptop. It came preinstalled, so I never bothered changing it. Recently its starting getting annoying, and I've been considering changing it to XP. I have the disk here. Should I?

:gerbad:

I've never had any problems with Vista. Really don't understand people's problems with it.

Same.

Not one problem.

I didn't have any major problems with it either, but if you were to use Windows 7, you'd see how Vista should have been.

I'm on Mac now anyway, that is better than Windows imo.

I've never had any problems with Vista. Really don't understand people's problems with it.

Same.

Not one problem.

I used to think that, but the last few months its been going downhill for me. I haven't done anything unusual, but suddenly a lot of my programs have started crashing on me. Things like Firefox, WLM and Windows media player doesn't even open anymore.

So I downloaded Windows 7, put it on disk and started the install. Formatted the drive, and began installation. 30 mins later I got an error message. Retried, same thing. Left with no OS, except the Linux disk I had lying around from a while ago.

Moral of the story: if it ain't broke, don't break it :anguish:

So I downloaded Windows 7, put it on disk and started the install. Formatted the drive, and began installation. 30 mins later I got an error message. Retried, same thing. Left with no OS, except the Linux disk I had lying around from a while ago.

:lol: You must have cocked it up somehow.

FAIL.

:lol: You must have cocked it up somehow.

FAIL.

A few people have had the same error. Seems like just a faulty disk. Bought new DVDs, and now I'm back on Vista.

Windows Media Player works now :craphead: