Lack of ambition

flecky1

just trying to get the feelers out for our ambitions lads, as fans

what do we as supporters expect? what is our level of player? is it dailly and mcculloch or is it a team with more davis', bougherras and tommos?

have some been brainwashed into thinking now we are constantly pratted and our level is wilkie, mackie and kevin kyle?

we may have signed a few diddies in the past but those players named will NEVER be, imo, our level.

some of the suggestions, fishing or not, are embarrassing, some are ridiculous and some are just fans wishing we were where we used to be, where we should be.

i understand we have limited funds, but i also know we are not totally skint as some are suggesting, i also believe we have a few bob to throw around and after making so many mistakes in last 10 years on dud players, we will take our time, maybe let septic panic spend first then we will make our moves, i dont think we are in any rush to get bodies in yet, but we will need better players eventually, getting players out seems to be a more critical part of fixing our club due to the large squad/huge wage bill/little quality, but is Mr Bain upto the job? I doubt it. We may end up "relying" on the same dross who lost to Kaunas, St Mirren and Inverness.

My ambitions are that i believe we should be Scotlands number 1, champions, we should have the biggest arena, the best players, and be the pride of our nation.

My ambitions on players is we should be able to attract guys like Dempsey, Harewood and Pennant and at least talk to other players who are maybe just out of our reach financially also, who knows what they want to do, any player should be proud to play for us, theres a stupid myth going around that if you play in the premiership your automatically on 50 or 100k a week, its nonsense, we can attract very good players, its just having the balls to go and at least enquire what their situation is. Just like Davis, Mendes, taking Bougherra etc.

Its time we took over again and done it right this time, put this mHob to bed for a while.

Walter has the building blocks of a very strong team, i just hope he finds the right parts to complete us.

top picks for me are, NOT starting 11, just important first team players

GK Alexander..................we may need backup, Tuffey has been told hes coming to us.

RB Whittaker...................his back up is the Egg Man.

LB Papac........................back up could be Stevie Smith if he doesnt leave. 1 thing we ALL KNOW is S Smith is no midfielder! Wattie take note!

CB Bougherra..................back up should be D Wilson

CB -----------------------------------suggestions...........imo Captain Dave will struggle in Europe. We need quality in. Weirs back up for now is Webster.

MID Edu..............no bacl up of note

MID Davis...........no other options on right, maybe aaron in an attacking formation

MID Thomson......back up was edu, buts hes a player and should feature along side Thommo, no back up now of note imo.

MID Mendes........fleck could maybe fill in for Pedro behind the front 2 and in front of our midfield 3 some. No other playmakers to replace Pedro.

Midfield is pretty much sorted, maybe could do with a winger, could Aaron be the one? we wont know till we see more of him. We definetely need that Cahill/Dempsey type player. We need a number 10, a "genius".

ATT Laffs

ATT Naismith

ATT Gow

ATT Fleck

We are pretty light upfront, i havnt named our first pick forward 2 coz i would punt both, M and B. Therefor, even with those 2 we need to be better, more skillful and stronger up front. The goals will come domestically providing we keep non footballers out of the team/hopefully out of the club. Europe could be a problem.

So to finish i think we need a CB, maybe a classy Winger with balls, a number 10 and maybe a Cousin mould striker. 4 players out of all the talent on the planet, imo we need 4 players. Better than what we have.

Suggestions from this area of RM, i would take Tonel, Pennant, Dempsey, Harewood. That is a signal of intent and would only cost around £8m in fees. Wages would be freed up by the players who have been and will be released/sold.

Imo we need/could/should get rid of Dailly, Boyd, Miller, Ferguson, McCulloch, Velicka, Beasley, McGregor, G Smith, S Smith and C Adam. That will free up a small mint! But until that happens, we may not see anyone of note coming in and that is not good enough and a failure on the boards part.

Were heading into the big boys playground and we must be Ready.

Lets do it right.

Good Luck Walter, Ally and Kenny (and Durranty i suppose lol)

WATP

Dont have a go for the sake of it lads, some love that, im just asking a few questions to fellow bears and would appreciate the feed back.

It's nice to see a rousing, optimistic post - although I wouldn't neccessarily agree with all that's written in it. I appreciate what you're trying to say but I think we've got to accept that this much-mooted idea of a certain 'Rangers class', which is at the heart of many support's disallusionment with our club's current standards, doesn't really exist: or if it does, that it is not a constant - i.e. that it must be relative to the contemporary financial climate. Perhaps it's time that, at least for now, we accept that the current quality of player is: a) sufficient in winning an SPL title (b) temporarily the standard to which we must become accustomed. Be assured, at least, that while the quality of player we attract may be naturally transient - the quality of the Rangers fan is permanently high: a fact highlighted by the original post, it's ambition and optimism reflecting the perennial drive of us bluenoses.

Good post bud. I understand what your saying, but........ for me its all about the budget for the bears, theres no doubt the guys you mentioned want to win things. But theres many clubs like ours at the moment that will struggle due to the finacial crisis just now. We cant even compete anymore with the dros at the bottom of the epl!

I think you're underestimating how skint we actually are, even money that is freed up from wages/transfer fees i can only see it going towards the debt. Perhaps the Champions League money will make it less necessary to sell players but it doesn't mean we'll really have any funds to spend, whatever players do come in will be cheap options or perhaps loan deals.

I don't like it but i'm accepting it, as long as we can hold onto the likes of Bougherra, Mendes, Davis and Boyd then we'll have a good chance of retaining the title. Europe is another matter but the fact is we can't afford to go out and get Champions League standard players so we need to hope the current crop punch above their weight.

not to bad when is smith going to get rid of all these fringe players another season with that dumpty dailly on the bench is cut your wrist time the guy is :clap: a dud and always will be

just trying to get the feelers out for our ambitions lads, as fans

what do we as supporters expect? what is our level of player? is it dailly and mcculloch or is it a team with more davis', bougherras and tommos?

have some been brainwashed into thinking now we are constantly pratted and our level is wilkie, mackie and kevin kyle?

we may have signed a few diddies in the past but those players named will NEVER be, imo, our level.

some of the suggestions, fishing or not, are embarrassing, some are ridiculous and some are just fans wishing we were where we used to be, where we should be.

i understand we have limited funds, but i also know we are not totally skint as some are suggesting, i also believe we have a few bob to throw around and after making so many mistakes in last 10 years on dud players, we will take our time, maybe let septic panic spend first then we will make our moves, i dont think we are in any rush to get bodies in yet, but we will need better players eventually, getting players out seems to be a more critical part of fixing our club due to the large squad/huge wage bill/little quality, but is Mr Bain upto the job? I doubt it. We may end up "relying" on the same dross who lost to Kaunas, St Mirren and Inverness.

My ambitions are that i believe we should be Scotlands number 1, champions, we should have the biggest arena, the best players, and be the pride of our nation.

My ambitions on players is we should be able to attract guys like Dempsey, Harewood and Pennant and at least talk to other players who are maybe just out of our reach financially also, who knows what they want to do, any player should be proud to play for us, theres a stupid myth going around that if you play in the premiership your automatically on 50 or 100k a week, its nonsense, we can attract very good players, its just having the balls to go and at least enquire what their situation is. Just like Davis, Mendes, taking Bougherra etc.

Its time we took over again and done it right this time, put this mHob to bed for a while.

Walter has the building blocks of a very strong team, i just hope he finds the right parts to complete us.

top picks for me are, NOT starting 11, just important first team players

GK Alexander..................we may need backup, Tuffey has been told hes coming to us.

RB Whittaker...................his back up is the Egg Man.

LB Papac........................back up could be Stevie Smith if he doesnt leave. 1 thing we ALL KNOW is S Smith is no midfielder! Wattie take note!

CB Bougherra..................back up should be D Wilson

CB -----------------------------------suggestions...........imo Captain Dave will struggle in Europe. We need quality in. Weirs back up for now is Webster.

MID Edu..............no bacl up of note

MID Davis...........no other options on right, maybe aaron in an attacking formation

MID Thomson......back up was edu, buts hes a player and should feature along side Thommo, no back up now of note imo.

MID Mendes........fleck could maybe fill in for Pedro behind the front 2 and in front of our midfield 3 some. No other playmakers to replace Pedro.

Midfield is pretty much sorted, maybe could do with a winger, could Aaron be the one? we wont know till we see more of him. We definetely need that Cahill/Dempsey type player. We need a number 10, a "genius".

ATT Laffs

ATT Naismith

ATT Gow

ATT Fleck

We are pretty light upfront, i havnt named our first pick forward 2 coz i would punt both, M and B. Therefor, even with those 2 we need to be better, more skillful and stronger up front. The goals will come domestically providing we keep non footballers out of the team/hopefully out of the club. Europe could be a problem.

So to finish i think we need a CB, maybe a classy Winger with balls, a number 10 and maybe a Cousin mould striker. 4 players out of all the talent on the planet, imo we need 4 players. Better than what we have.

Suggestions from this area of RM, i would take Tonel, Pennant, Dempsey, Harewood. That is a signal of intent and would only cost around £8m in fees. Wages would be freed up by the players who have been and will be released/sold.

Imo we need/could/should get rid of Dailly, Boyd, Miller, Ferguson, McCulloch, Velicka, Beasley, McGregor, G Smith, S Smith and C Adam. That will free up a small mint! But until that happens, we may not see anyone of note coming in and that is not good enough and a failure on the boards part.

Were heading into the big boys playground and we must be Ready.

Lets do it right.

Good Luck Walter, Ally and Kenny (and Durranty i suppose lol)

WATP

Dont have a go for the sake of it lads, some love that, im just asking a few questions to fellow bears and would appreciate the feed back.

Imo we need/could/should get rid of Dailly, Boyd, Miller, Ferguson, McCulloch, Velicka, Beasley, McGregor, G Smith, S Smith and C Adam. That will free up a small mint!

I don't agree with getting rid of Boyd and Miller, the rest I would sell or let go yes.