**The 'Broken Xbox' Thread**

sneddon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/

instructions on there mate, top right hand corner is the link.

its looking for billing information cause my warranty is over 3 years

sack that

whats wrong with it? is it the red rings? if so its a common fault and you wont be charged for it.

yea its the red rings

im reluctant to give them my credit card details incase they do charge me for it though

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/

instructions on there mate, top right hand corner is the link.

its looking for billing information cause my warranty is over 3 years

sack that

whats wrong with it? is it the red rings? if so its a common fault and you wont be charged for it.

yea its the red rings

im reluctant to give them my credit card details incase they do charge me for it though

give them a phone first then mate, its free am sure....

Don't do it in those shops, they will only break the warranty seal and mess it up even more.

RROD is free to fix, just call them and they will tell you what to do (normally they ask you if the cables are plugged in ok, even if you're not sure just tell them that they are ok).

Then they send you a file with UPS stickers and instructions to send it to them.

Don't do it in those shops, they will only break the warranty seal and mess it up even more.

RROD is free to fix, just call them and they will tell you what to do (normally they ask you if the cables are plugged in ok, even if you're not sure just tell them that they are ok).

Then they send you a file with UPS stickers and instructions to send it to them.

i will give them a bell tommorrow

cheers

Just registered my Xbox as i have the flashing red lights problem , had mine for 2 years dont play it loads so shouldnt be knackered but they are going to repair it free as i got it 2 christmas's ago so is within the 3 year limit.

A bit cheesed off that its broke but pleased they are going to fix it for free

Cheers for the help guys :) didnt know i could send it back till i read this post :) :)

Do they send you a box to your house ? , i have the shipping label and the email

do i get the box > order a pick up time > and they collect ?

No, they send you the box through email attachment, just print it onto cardboard. Don't double side print or you'll get box on the inside of the box and not just the outside.

:craphead:

Ack, sorry to be sarky.

Get a box, pack it as carefully and tightly as you can with stuff to absorb shock from being dropped.

Stick your label on.

Drive up to the nearest UPS depot to get it away sooner, or ask them to collect (whenever it suits them, regardless of your set time pick up!)

And hope it comes back within 2-3 weeks.

well last week my 3 year old xbox brakes down on me so today i was in town and seen gamestation doing an offer £110 20 bg hard drive so i thought fuck it al buy it i went and bought it took it home plugged all the wires in and turned it on and no picture only sound the same thing happned with my last xbox then turned it off and on and what do you know 3 red fucking shinning ugly lights flashin at me :anguish: will gamestation take this back 10 day return policy and 1 year warranty and to be honest i dont want another xbox i would rather just wait for a ps3 now :ph34r:

not the console but...

my fifa game is fecked. all friendly's work, but my season has stopped working.After I play my game, it tries to simulate the results of the other teams but it can't, and I have to restart the xbox. Is their any way to make it work again ( my team is amazing lol)

not the console but...

my fifa game is fecked. all friendly's work, but my season has stopped working.After I play my game, it tries to simulate the results of the other teams but it can't, and I have to restart the xbox. Is their any way to make it work again ( my team is amazing lol)

happend to me twice and my brother once dono how to fix it mate :\