John Hartson Diagnosed with Cancer

Says on STV there that it's in his lungs now too, and his in a critical condition. I fear the worst for the big man, i really hope he manages to pull through. He's still young, with a wife and kids :(

Yeah, the thing about his lungs was reported a while ago.

Testicles, brain and lungs - it's suddenly gone from treateable to critical - tragic shame and I cannot see him pulling through. His family must be going through absolute hell. I imagine it's not a walk in the park for him either :(

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair regarding goody, she was only providing for her kids after her death by taking whatever money the media flung at her

she was only looking out for her kids, complete respect for her for doing that

She was already a multi millionaire m8. She did it because she couldn't help herself - she was a publicity whore from the moment she entered the BB house, and that never changed till even a few months after she actually died.

She was also a thoroughly horrible person, and I have no kind eulogy for her whatsoever.

I didn't wish this on her, but I'd be a hypocrite if I suddenly liked her because she was dying.

lets not bring goody into this eh? Shes hardly on par with John Hartson.

John Hartson is a great footballer, hope he pulls through this, no matter who he had played for or supported. Wouldnt want that too happen to anyone from Celtic regardless of their background.

Very true. Someone mentioned her and I was a bull to a red rag, couple of others were too. Let us leave off topic shit out of this from now on :)

John Hartson is a great footballer, hope he pulls through this, no matter who he had played for or supported. Wouldnt want that too happen to anyone from Celtic regardless of their background.

If anyone wants Hartson to pass away because of his Celtic association, well, words fail me on what kind of a person they'd be.

Very true. Someone mentioned her and I was a bull to a red rag, couple of others were too. Let us leave off topic shit out of this from now on :)

If anyone wants Hartson to pass away because of his Celtic association, well, words fail me on what kind of a person they'd be.

There are certainly some comments that are worthy of me questioning a few folks personality on here.

Anyway, im sure celtic fans will be reading this, and from the RM board, our thoughts are definitely with hartson at this time. He was and still is an icon at in his prime at celtic, just ashame we missed out on him at the time!

Get well soon! (tu)

Being reported now that it has spread to his lungs, getting very, very serious now.

Hated him as a player, but hope this is one battle he wins for sure.

Good Luck! The same goes to each an every person out there fighting this terrible disease.

Apologies if there is another thread on this but just cant see it.

Being reported now that it has spread to his lungs, getting very, very serious now.

Hated him as a player, but hope this is one battle he wins for sure.

Good Luck! The same goes to each an every person out there fighting this terrible disease.

Apologies if there is another thread on this but just cant see it.

Yes, good luck John. It's times like these that puts football into perspective.

Says on STV there that it's in his lungs now too, and his in a critical condition. I fear the worst for the big man, i really hope he manages to pull through. He's still young, with a wife and kids :(

He's not going to pull through. Once it has spread unfortunately there is no way back. It is a shame for the big man. I have watched too many people die of this and it is no fun.

Being someone who this year lost a family member to cancer, and feeling the loss still! I would be deeply upset to think anyone would wish this on someone just because they played for celtic football club.

I visit here daily and no one strikes me as being this pathetic I must say

A disgusting disease that I wish they would find some sort of cure or containment for :(

Hope he gets through it, may not have much time for him but wouldnt wish cancer on anyone especially as my father is dying of cancer and lost my mum to it as well.

You both have my sympathies, especially since I've had a similar scare in my family this year.

Why do so many have to put in a disclaimer that 'even though they hate him' they don't wish this on him?

Who cares what you think of him as a person, no one (bar arguably a very 'elite' few) on this planet deserves cancer.

Excellent point.

This is really tragic news. I'm so sorry for Big John.

My thoughts are with him and his family. I sincerely hope he pulls through.

Jade Goody's cancer was laughed at and mocked on here yet anyone who laughs or mocks "Big John's," will be removed. What is the difference? I truly hope he does pull through yet I don't see why people are being threatened with a ban when Jade Goody's cancer and death was all a big joke.

In fairness to Hartson, he hasn't whored himself to the media for death money instead of spending his time with his family.

There is that significant difference. That said, I wasn't disrespectful to Jade's memory, despite my thoughts on her.

i dont give a fuck what team he plays for or if hes yellow black blue or white is hes a Hindu catholic or protestant, hes a human being and this is a terrible disease. My father died of it, once diagnosed he was dead in just 4 weeks so lets get behind this guy theres more to life than, who you fucking played for get a grip guys thoughts are with you john

i dont give a fuck what team he plays for or if hes yellow black blue or white is hes a Hindu catholic or protestant, hes a human being and this is a terrible disease. My father died of it, once diagnosed he was dead in just 4 weeks so lets get behind this guy theres more to life than, who you fucking played for get a grip guys thoughts are with you john

sorry to hear mate (N)

hope hartson makes a full recovery.