Manchester City sign Emmanuel Adebayor

Muff

so who is buying these players <cr>

sparky or someone else ?

I still think man city will struggle with consistency this season, even with all the stars there is no real decent back bone to the team.

If Man City get Adebayor then they could be very strong from middle to front.

De Jong and Kmompany are fantastic at sitting in and breaking up play, and if it was up to me both would be playing before Barry. Just infront of them you have Tevez and Ireland who are nippy little bastards who can also play a bit too.

Adebayor and Robinho can be a bit hit or miss so it will be interesting to see how they perform at places like Stoke and Bolton.

If they add a couple of centre halves then they reallly could be good, good side next year.

I'd be tempted to move Kompany into defence and let Barry hold with De Jong.

He's about three million times better than Richard Dunne.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be tempted to move Kompany into defence and let Barry hold with De Jong.

He's about three million times better than Richard Dunne.

Richard Dunne :anguish:

I still hold on to the failing hope that Wenger will come in for Kompany and stop him being wasted at City.

With the money they are spending I have no doubt that he will probably end up being their Dailly: a useful player who can play in a number of positions, and in my mind that would be such a waste.

I have a venomous hatred for Richard Dunne to the point i'm actually a little obsessed with him. Really, i don't think there's a thicker defender in world football than him.

He steams about like a dog on canned heat launching himself into everything, clearly trying to play up to the 'hard as nails' image. He's absolutely woeful and is without a doubt one of the worst players to ever grace the EPL.

A front 3 of

Tevez----Adebayor---Robinho

Now they WILL score a shitload between them.

Aye and Santa Cruz waiting in the wings!!! Frightening forward line, strenghen the Defence and they may surprise a few this season.

The biggest Question for me is not the team but Mark Hughes, Has he got what it takes to manage the collection of superstars they are signing?

Manchester City have completed the signing of Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor on a five-year contract.

The fee for the Togo international has not been disclosed, although the 25-year-old is believed to have cost City in the region of £25million.

Adebayor was omitted from the Arsenal squad which tackled Barnet on Saturday as he was in Manchester putting the final touches on his five-year contact.

The former Monaco man, who joined Arsenal in 2006, has been moved by the reception received by fans and is looking forward to making history at Eastlands.

History

"It made me feel really welcome and special and I can't wait to play for City's fans and show them what I can do," he told City's official website.

"I was born to play football and that is what I want to do. I have come here to make history for this club and those supporters. It what the chairman and the manager told me that they want too and I can't wait to get started."

Manager Mark Hughes has signed some of the world's finest strikers this summer with Adebayor joining the likes of Carlos Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz in joining City.

Although Hughes has a plethora of attacking options he is delighted to have acquired Adebayor's signature, stating he will 'greatly enhance' City's ability to compete with the big four.

"Emmanuel has been one of the top forwards in the Premier League since he arrived from France and we are delighted he has agreed to come and join us," he declared.

Enhance

"Along with the other signings we have made in the last two windows he will greatly enhance our ability to compete with the top sides.

"His arrival is another clear indication that we are determined to augment the players we have here with the best of international talent.

"He adds vital balance and power to our attack. He has everything a top forward needs. He is versatile, powerful, quick and agile on the ball.

I am looking forward to working with him as are the rest of the staff. He will definitely add a new dimension to our play. I have been a great admirer for a long time."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5440128,00.html

__________Tevez_Adebayor_____

Robinho__Barry__DeJong___SWP

Bridge___Dunne___Onuoha__Richards

______________Given______________

One possible line up. You still have Santa Cruz,Bellamy,Kompany,Ireland,Benjani, Elano... I predict that a few players will not be happy with not getting a game. Possibly rotate the squad alot which some players might not be happy with. then again, they are getting paid Alot.

IMO Mark Hughes will be sacked by January.

I even made a bet with my mate who supports City that if City manage to win a trophy this year I will support them!

Awaits glory hunting accusations

I even made a bet with my mate who supports City that if City manage to win a trophy this year I will support them!

I would NEVER change my team! (tu)

I would NEVER change my team! (tu)

Excellent stuff, lucky I never alluded to that then :pipe:

Manchester City have added to their collection of strikers by signing Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor on a five-year deal for a fee of around £25m.

The 25-year-old joins fellow new signings Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez at Eastlands.

And with Robinho, Craig Bellamy, Valeri Bojinov and Benjani also on their books, City have an embarrassment of riches up front.

"I can't wait to play for City's fans and show them what I can do," he said.

"I was born to play football and that is what I want to do. I have come here to make history for this club and those supporters.

"It what the chairman and the manager told me that they want too and I can't wait to get started."

606: DEBATE

Another great signing - Champions League here we come!

LightBlueMagic

The Togo striker, who takes City's summer spending to around £80m, passed a medical on Saturday and had already been successful in arranging a work permit.

Adebayor, who was also linked with linked to AC Milan and Chelsea, spent three-and-a-half seasons with the Gunners after joining them from Monaco for £7m, scoring 62 goals in 142 games.

He scored 30 goals in the 2007-08 season but struggled with injuries in the last campaign and also incurred the wrath of some Arsenal fans, who felt the striker lacked commitment.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said he was sorry to see Adebayor leave, but insisted he had no immediate plans to replace him.

"We're not on the verge of signing anybody but I'm able to spend the money if we find the right players," he said,

"We have Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo back so we've lost a big striker but have gained two offensive players who were absent last season.

"We also have Nicklas Bendtner, Andrey Arshavin, Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott who can play striker. We have top players we can use as strikers.

"But we'll miss Emmanuel - he's a great player. I'm sure he'll give something special to Man City.

He adds vital balance and power to our attack - he has everything a top forward needs.

City boss Mark Hughes

"If you consider the money we paid for him it was good business, but that was not our main target."

City boss Mark Hughes said Adebayor's arrival was a major step forward for the club.

"Emmanuel has been one of the top forwards in the Premier League since he arrived from France and we are delighted he has agreed to come and join us," he said.

"Along with the other signings we have made in the last two windows he will greatly enhance our ability to compete with the top sides.

"His arrival is another clear indication that we are determined to augment the players we have here with the best of international talent.

"He adds vital balance and power to our attack. He has everything a top forward needs. He is versatile, powerful, quick and agile on the ball.

"I am looking forward to working with him as are the rest of the staff. He will definitely add a new dimension to our play. I have been a great admirer for a long time."

City, backed up the huge financial wealth of their owners, the Abu Dhabi United group, are eager to break into the Premier League's top four this coming season and have shown their determination with their close-season spending.

Midfielder Gareth Barry was bought from Aston Villa for £12m and City paid Blackburn about £18m for Paraguay international Santa Cruz.

City completed a deal for Tevez on Tuesday, with the Argentine joining after City paid a fee of about £25m to secure his registration from third party ownership after his contract with Premier League champions Manchester United expired.

Deal done.

Yea I prob would aswell. But we know it wont happen.

I predict the squad will be heavily rotated.

What?? Irelands been there best player for the last 2 seasons, he will definitely make the first 11.