Friendly vs. Elgin City

cam69r

Was talking to a mate today and he is friends with the director at Elgin City and he says that Rangers are due to play a friendly on Tuesday August the 11th at Borough Briggs in Elgin.

It will also be the full team i hear as the director is good friends with Walter Smith 1 way or another and promised to take 1st string. No word from Rangers or Elgin as it is pretty hush hush at the moment ( i don't know why) but he is reliable and is friends with the director so he has no reason to lie.

I googled Elgin City v Rangers to see if anyone else had anything and on another Rangers forum a guy knows the Elgin City photographer and he also told him that Elgin are due to play Rangers first team in a friendly on the 11th August.

Don't shoot the messenger if it is wrong but i am pretty confident this will go ahead.

Good news for people round this area (tu) a few of you boys should head up for a good piss up northern style ;)

It is the tuesday before the Falkirk league opener so would be good for a final friendly to put 5 or 6 goals past a poor team but i think because the director is friends with Walter he has agreed to take the team up and get a good crowd in the stadium.

Was talking to a mate today and he is friends with the director at Elgin City and he says that Rangers are due to play a friendly on Tuesday August the 11th at Borough Briggs in Elgin.

It will also be the full team i hear as the director is good friends with Walter Smith 1 way or another and promised to take 1st string. No word from Rangers or Elgin as it is pretty hush hush at the moment ( i don't know why) but he is reliable and is friends with the director so he has no reason to lie.

I googled Elgin City v Rangers to see if anyone else had anything and on another Rangers forum a guy knows the Elgin City photographer and he also told him that Elgin are due to play Rangers first team in a friendly on the 11th August.

Don't shoot the messenger if it is wrong but i am pretty confident this will go ahead.

Good news for people round this area (tu) a few of you boys should head up for a good piss up northern style ;)

I went to one at Borough Briggs about 8/9 years ago when I was based up there, was mainly the youth that were playing, although these days that is more tantalising as we may see moew of them over the next few years. Derek Mccinnes was playing and he was decidedly orange.

Would like to see this and I would go up to it, if it's true.

It will no doubt be during the day. A bounce match type of thing at the last minute, if it does go ahead.

Ok I was meaning if it was all arranged like an actual game with crowds and that.

Would like to see this and I would go up to it, if it's true.

It will no doubt be during the day. A bounce match type of thing at the last minute, if it does go ahead.

I heard it was at night but that is a minor detail.

All drinking in the ionic bar with the Burghead Loyal supporters! Great banter. Elgin won't know whats hit it.

1992–93 Elgin City were stripped of the Highland League championship in the club's centenary year. Betting irregularities involving their manager were uncovered. :pipe:

SHAME OF ELGIN SOCCER CHEATS

Dont let them forget it. (tu)

its on the back page of the northern scot this morning, that its the night before the scotland - norway game so internation players wouldn't be up but Novo, Mendes and Boyd are all expected to be there. Theres nothing about it on the website yet still all last weeks stories! but should be a link soon. Im gutted though, cause i do reporting at elgin so would have got to interview walter and that if it goes ahead, im goin to be in majorca though :( just telt my mum im not goin lol

Majorca/ Elgin....

Tough choice :rolleyes:

U better choose your words carefully manticore...can't have u slagging my Elgin's fine name :craphead:

and as for WVB...there was no cheating going on at all...we were victims, the media up here treats us like the media treats Rangers :pipe:

Elgin is a big rangers town anyway but id love a few glaswegians to come up here and get a good sing song in the park...plus a good boozin session b4 and after!

Majorca/ Elgin....

Tough choice :rolleyes:

U better choose your words carefully manticore...can't have u slagging my Elgin's fine name :craphead:

and as for WVB...there was no cheating going on at all...we were victims, the media up here treats us like the media treats Rangers :pipe:

You cheated, shamed the Highlands, and are no better than celtc with your shameful behaviour. I'm surprised Elgin never adopted Buckie Thistle colours after that shameful episode. An wasn't your manager ,Teasdale,stalking a Hollywood actress too.

Who were called "The Rangers of the North"? I do believe it was a team who played in royal blue, won more trophies than any other Highland club, and went by the name of Caledonian. No one liked them, they didn't care. :pipe:

1992–93 Elgin City were stripped of the Highland League championship in the club's centenary year. Betting irregularities involving their manager were uncovered. :pipe:

SHAME OF ELGIN SOCCER CHEATS

Dont let them forget it. (tu)

I remember that, I'd just moved to Kinloss at the time. Caused quite a stooshy round our way.