Zlatan joins Barca with Eto'o and Hleb joining Inter

Inter Milan have confirmed they are in talks with Barcelona about the sale of Zlatan Ibrahmimovic.

Inter supremo Massimo Moratti has been locked in talks with Barca over the past week about numerous subjects.

They have already agreed terms on Maxwell's move from Italy to Catalunya, whilst they are set to take Alexander Hlebspacer.gif from the Spanish club.

Now they are also talking about the possible transfer of Ibrahimovic, which could also see Samuel Eto'o move to the Giuseppe Meazza.spacer.gif

"We have closed the negotiations for Maxwell and now we are trying to end the talks over Hleb," Moratti told Sky Sport Italia.

"Obviously we have spoken about other things also, because they were interested to know something about Ibrahimovic and to talk about Eto'o, two players at the same level.

"There is the possibility to do an operation with these two players.

"What are the odds of Ibrahimovic leaving Inter? I don't like to frame things this way, I don't know right now, we'll have to wait and see what the player wants.

"In any case, if the matter should be taken all the way to completion, then Eto'o would be in the deal."

Reports in both Spain and Italy suggest the clubs are close to agreeing terms on the deal which would see Inter receive €40million plus Eto'o and Hleb on loan for a year

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5437616,00.html

why? o why would anyone entertain a move like this? Give me Eto'o over Ibra. yes Ibra is a good player but whenever he can be arsed to play such a lazy player!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pep can get Ibra's head right for a whole season, he'd be in the top three strikers in Europe.

Barca's patience is no doubt running thin with Eto'o, simply for the fact that he's absolutely fucking bonkers.

If Pep can get Ibra's head right for a whole season, he'd be in the top three strikers in Europe.

Barca's patience is no doubt running thin with Eto'o, simply for the fact that he's absolutely fucking bonkers.

big if tho!

That's him joined. 40million + Eto'o and Hleb (loan)

http://sport.es/

Google tranalaion:

The signing of the summer in Barcelona is now a reality. The presidents of the club Barça and Inter, Massimo Moratti and Joan Laporta, closed to transfer Ibrahimovic in Milan after midnight.

Lightning in a meeting yesterday evening in Milan, Joan Laporta, Txiki Begiristain and Raul Sanllehí to reach an agreement with the president of Inter, Massimo Moratti, which will become Ibrahimovic Bluered player for 40 million euros plus the transfer Samuel Eto'oy assignment for one year of Hleb. Laporta was in Milan almost suddenly after his trip to Ukraine. The two presidents had agreed to look again after Moratti's visit to Barcelona in early June.

Barca made an offer of forty million euros over the sale of Hleb Eto'oy that attracted the most interest representative, especially after Ibrahimovic that wanted to go to the boat, as he had personally said early afternoon. Immediately contacted Samuel Eto'o, who gave his consent to the operation.

Ibrahimovic had always been the goal and Barça striker preferred by Guardiola, who saw the Swedish striker to the reference I needed to schedule your game. The high figures that moved in the operation had hampered the closing of the agreement, but after the last acontenimientos lived around Villa and Samuel Eto'o returned to start the contacts. After that Valencia is uncompromising in the transfer of Villa and Samuel Eto'o as he closed the gates of Manchester City is coming back to a negotiation that includes the Swedish truck and Cameroon. After the last contact with Laporta and Guardiola Txiki Begiristain, decided to act with the utmost speed. They were able to sign the player he wanted Guardiola and, incidentally, solve the output of Eto'o. Said and done, the Barcelona president Massimo Moratti contacted and agreed to an emergency meeting last night. Laporta was OK Eto'oy Moratti Ibrahimovic asked their willingness to go to Barca. The response was positive to the extent that the interest recognized leader last night that the operation had been carried out primarily to meet the wishes of its players. Obviously, the economic operation is also important, says Mourinho is a replacement for first-level transfer Ibrahimovic and Hleb, a player very well appreciated by the technical Portuguese.

Moreover, Ibrahimovic was willing to lower their financial claims to stop at the Nou Camp because he is convinced that it is in this club where you can reach their greatest dream, the conquest of the Champions League.

As is known, in the order of wage Barcelona, Leo Messi has to be the player with the highest form of staff, something that will not change with the arrival of Swedish, which, yes, the tab will be close to the phenomenon of Argentina . For its part, requested the Inter Samuel Eto'o 65 million for five seasons, something that was never an impediment to the Italian club since Ibrahimovic paid 12 million per season. Both Mourinho Guardiola as their wishes have been satisfied with this operation, because we must not forget that when the technician went to the Portuguese as Chelsea wanted him to England. Moreover, the fact that the Swedish representative, Mino Raiola, is the same as that of Maxwell has facilitated the operation and especially the speed with which they have conducted the negotiations that finally led to success.

Crazy! Inter must be laughing thier arses off at that one!

Awful piece of business for Barcelona.

Not really, Eto'o was in the final year of his contract and no concrete offers bar Citys were coming in for him and he looked to be dis interested in signing a new deal at barca, so do you think they should have kept him then let him go for nothing ?

How is it awful buisness from Barcelona? They wanted a forward that could lead the line and there is no doubt Ibrahimovic is more than capable of leading the line. The reason for him not being so prolific in Europe is Inter have been terrible in Europe the last so many years, they haven't been able to create. Barcelona will create chances for them and he will bang them in I am sure of it. They were losing Eto'o for nothing next season if he stayed, also Hleb has done nothing at Barcelona and I doubt they will miss him in the slightest so why not use him in a deal?

They could have easily got money for Eto'o before the window closed!

40M Euros was an over the top bid for him, but a 40 million euro bid with Eto'o included is just mental. Inter get a £10m-£20m player along with £40m to spend on another outstanding player, or a few great players.

If I was an Inter fan now I'd be delighted, to have lost what seems to have been the Italian league's Berbatov and to have gained a fast forward who scores goals + £38m is brilliant for them!

I just can't get my head around this <cr>

Eto'o scores near-on 50 goals last season and wins La Liga, Copa del Rey and the Champs league with Barca. Ibra scores about 20, wins serie A and does hee haw in Europe (again)

Yet the worst of the two players costs 40m plus the player with stats that pisses all over his.

If I hear "if Ibra can do this.....if ibra can get his head.....if ibra can show more etc" i'll go off my head. He's 27 ffs, how many "if's" is this big streak of pish allowed :rolleyes:

Inter must be pishing themselves.

Eto'o scores near-on 50 goals last season and wins La Liga, Copa del Rey and the Champs league with Barca. Ibra scores about 20, wins serie A and does hee haw in Europe (again)

Yet the worst of the two players costs 40m plus the player with stats that pisses all over his.

If I hear "if Ibra can do this.....if ibra can get his head.....if ibra can show more etc" i'll go off my head. He's 27 ffs, how many "if's" is this big streak of pish allowed :rolleyes:

It's always been a mental thing with Ibra.

People overlook how good he actually is week in week out with Inter. They see one average performance v Man Utd in the CL and think: "Nah, he's shite."

Don't think the deal is official yet.

If that is what the final outcome is, then that is a great deal for Inter!

Massimo Moratti confirms “negotiations are at an advanced stage” with Barcelona for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but Samuel Eto’o hits the brakes.

The Inter President had also admitted talks with Barca chief Joan Laporta on the official club website, but added more details when he was stopped by journalists this afternoon.

“The negotiations are at an advanced stage,” he told the media outside his offices in Milan. “There is an important and interesting economic offer. We need to evaluate things with intelligence and I think the matter can be discussed.”

Moratti had said a few weeks ago that Ibrahimovic would be released for the right price, which was around £60m.

It is reported Barcelona are ready to snap up the Swede for £35m plus Samuel Eto’o and the loan of Alexander Hleb.

“Eto’o is not worth the same as Ibrahimovic, but there is a large cash sum involved. Eto’o is a different player and as such has to be introduced into a team.

“We are taking into account his scoring record and he is a player we have always admired.”

Moratti also let slip an intriguing nugget of information when asked if the team he was constructing had been requested by Jose Mourinho.

“Mourinho is kept constantly informed,” he said, suggesting it was the President making the decisions on who to pursue.

The Inter patron also confirmed that any deal involving Ibra to Barcelona would have Eto’o going the other way, but the Cameroon striker does not appear to have been told.

“There has been absolutely no authorisation for Eto’o to talk to the Italian club,” his agent Mesalles told Cadena Ser radio.

An unnamed Barcelona source was also interviewed by Dpa news agency regarding reports the deal had already been done.

“Ibrahimovic is our absolute priority and we are optimistic, but the negotiation process is a long and complicated one.

“There are many details to work out and it is impossible to complete a similar transfer overnight. Despite that, we are confident.”

Meanwhile, there are reports from Inter’s training camp in Los Angeles that Ibrahimovic refused to appear in the official photographs presenting the new team kit.

People overlook how good he actually is week in week out with Inter. They see one average performance v Man Utd in the CL and think: "Nah, he's shite."

I watch Serie A papa and he flatters to decieve. Once every 20 minutes he comes up with a back heel, or a fancy flick and all of a sudden he is a superstar. Consistency is what seperated the "top" players from the "elite" players. And Ibra is only a top player, and that's a compliment btw. But he is nowhere near the likes of Messi, C.Ronaldo, Gerrard etc.

I'd be embarrassed to mention Ibra in the same category as they players.

Some of his goals have been outstanding. He just can't seem to translate that into big Champions League games. It's as though he is just trying to show off, rather than putting in that extra bit of effort needed against a better side.

I'm sure he will be good for Barca, and it will work out okay, but from a business point of view - great business for Inter and not so great for Barca.

Don't think ZI is worth £40m alone, nevermind with a £20m striker who's arguably as good or better than him thrown in for free.

It's not as if Barca can't afford it though and ZI is a great flair player and will be good to watch at Barca.

Some of his goals have been outstanding. He just can't seem to translate that into big Champions League games. It's as though he is just trying to show off, rather than putting in that extra bit of effort needed against a better side.

He is the same with Sweden though. He is meant to be the talisman, the guy they look to for inspiration but year after year he lets them down. That is what part of being part of the best players in the world, that you can rise to the occasion.

I have never seen a player that gets hyped up so much but naerly always doesn't deliver (td)