New Rangers Top and JJB

Smurf1873

Just been into JJB in Cumbernauld to get a new top for my son and nephew to be to told it's not on sale until next month and is only on sale at the ibrox store at a price of £55 , was told i'd be best waiting to next month when they will sell at £39.99 - is this true ?? , if so it's a flucking shocking state of affairs , i remember Rangers used to be the envy of clubs up and down the country with regard to retailing and now we have the disaster that is JJB and Rangers Retail.

shocking , i was needing it for today for a pressie for my nephew (Ranger loss will be some other clubs gain now !!) - out of order to be honest , certain area's of our club are fast becoming a complete joke.

Its a bit shit that only the megastore is selling for the time being but it has been widely publicised that this would be the case and contrary to what uv been told its £30 for kids and £40 for adults (tu)

I Spoke to a Girl in the JJB in Argyle street and this was on the day it was released 16/7 and the shop was heaving with people looking to buy the new top

but the staff said that they would not be getting it in for 6 weeks and no other retailer in the UK will be selling it for 6 weeks and the only place in the UK you can buy it is at

The Ibrox Mega Store , its a financial disaster and a total nightmare for fans who dont live in Glasgow.

Rangers are boasting they sold 3000 in 1 day they would have sold thousands more if they bloomin sold it everywhere.

Why do stupid things like this always happen to us ??

Rangers get your House in Order and Bin JJB Now!

I have been in a load of JJB stores in York, Southampton, Winchester and not one sells our strip, however they all maganed to have the dishrags that the unwashed wear hanging up!!! Is it me or are we not the club that has the freakin deal with JJB!

We as supporters who do not live in Glasgow, are being seen off and i for one am absolutely fed up with it!!!!!!

I have been in a load of JJB stores in York, Southampton, Winchester and not one sells our strip, however they all maganed to have the dishrags that the unwashed wear hanging up!!! Is it me or are we not the club that has the freakin deal with JJB!

We as supporters who do not live in Glasgow, are being seen off and i for one am absolutely fed up with it!!!!!!

Something went wrong, and it's only being sold in the superstore for the first month or so.

After that it will be released worldwide.

Something went wrong, and it's only being sold in the superstore for the first month or so.

After that it will be released worldwide.

you still struggle to get a rangers shirt

it really is pathetic, i got mine online usual thursday etc, went down to local jjb this morning to get it printed, guy said they had no spl letters or numbers, they had to send them back to ibrox, for them to use....disaster, he then said they're not getting the new top til 6 Aug, he said jjb cant afford to buy big bulk off umbro, they're only buying batches etc etc, how fukin' sad is that, like they're guarenteed to sell these buy the truck load like.....fukin disgrace all round!!!

Maybe we get a larger share of the profit from sales at the megastore?

Nope, we get the same from JJB every season regardless of how many shirts are sold.

I don't believe that is strictly true. I'm sure there are add ons for units shifted on top of the basic sum they pay us per season.

I was told by a mate who works for a JJB store that he over heard a conversation between his manager and an Umbro rep who said the strip was ready and waiting to be made when Bain went on a powertrip and said he didn't like it. That was around cup final time.

Don't know how reliable it is but would make perfect sense as to why there is so little stock for elsewhere.

Nope, we get the same from JJB every season regardless of how many shirts are sold.

I don't believe that is strictly true. I'm sure there are add ons for units shifted on top of the basic sum they pay us per season.

Rangers are guaranteed a minimum annual payment of £3 million each year of the contract with additional payments if agreed sales targets are exceeded. One of the reasons that Rangers have been trying to get out of the deal is because these targets have never been reached because not enough Rangers merchandise is available across all JJB stores.

Rangers are guaranteed a minimum annual payment of £3 million each year of the contract with additional payments if agreed sales targets are exceeded. One of the reasons that Rangers have been trying to get out of the deal is because these targets have never been reached because not enough Rangers merchandise is available across all JJB stores.

I've never really got my head round JJB's attitude towards stocking our stuff, the demand is most definately there. Perhaps they are afraid of alienating tims who may choose not to shop there if there was a glut of Rangers merchandie on sale.

The people in charge of this stuff are a bunch of morons!

i think fans will find mr murray has hired some people from the dark side to over-see our off the field stuff and their heart is not in it, Rangers best interests are not there.

it is a shambles

we were the best in Britain at one point with regards to merchandising, then mr bain and the tims behind the scenes came along and look at us now, a laughing stock really.

the sooner we bin jjb, get our shops back and get back to adidas the better for our brand.

oh and mr bain has to go too.

;)

over the past 3 years since ive lived in Barnsley, ive been to our local jjb & the one in sheffield & NOT one of them had a Rangers top in stock, even halfway through last season...but loads of the paedo's strips ( that shits even on sale @ the Camp Nou, which put a blemish on THAT holiday ) ... i can only get Rangers stuff from either their website or ask my Dad in Glasgow to send it down to me, its an absolute disgrace

Ok so here's my bit

I remember the time when the 12th of july was just round the corner and every rangers supporter knew

one thing was for certin that the brand new rangers kit would be on sale.

It was all you could see on the 12th and it just made you pround to wear the badge.

But now if you go to any jjb you will see the great unwashed's posters,strips,etc, on the shelfs and what rangers gear

do you see hmmm there training gear.

I am just fed up with how rangers are being sold i used to love that we had a shop at glasgow airport

but now what do we have.

so all in all get jjb to f**k and bring back the mighty rangers shop. All over the country not just in glasgow.

From what I've seen and heard, This was more to do with the financial quagmire JJB got themselves into and Rangers looking at other possibilities if JJB went bust, ended up a one year extension with Umbro was rushed through as JJB survived with Rangers now able to pull the plug next year if JJB are still in trouble. The rushed through Umbro deal meant a lack of shirts would be available for launch day, hence why you can only get it from Megastore and Mail order.

I have no concrete evidence of all this just what I have heard and read from various places.

I bought mine yesterday from the Ibrox megastore for 39.99

The only gripe was they had no letter 'N' left so my drunken plan to get Champions was (thankfully) waylayed !!

Same as me mate but they had no p's left! :anguish:

shocking , i was needing it for today for a pressie for my nephew (Ranger loss will be some other clubs gain now !!) - out of order to be honest , certain area's of our club are fast becoming a complete joke.

So your nephew is now going to support a new team as he couldn't get the top as a present.

Very good. :rolleyes: