Blackpool hopeful over Adam move

Jimbo.

Seasiders hopeful over Adam move

Rangers midfielder Charlie Adam may be on his way back to Blackpool after finally entering into talks with the Championship club.

Charlie-Adam_2145258.jpg Adam: In talks with Blackpool

The Glasgow giants accepted a £500,000 bid more than two weeks ago from the club Adam had a spell on loan with last season, but he initially wanted to fight for his place at Ibrox. Seasiders manager Ian Holloway told the Blackpool Gazette: "He's a very ambitious lad, with great belief in himself and maybe that's half the problem. Charlie is unsure whether it's right for him to leave Rangers as he believes he can get into that team.

"His agent sent us a proposal through, and I've told him what I can do for him and what I think we can do for his career. If he comes to work with me I think he'll like it, but until he gets in the car and does it we are struggling a bit. I'm not going to beg anyone."

The negotiations have taken place over the phone after Adam initially declined to discuss a permanent move, but Holloway understands the player has suffered a blow in being told his Rangers career is over.

Holloway added: "He probably thought he had done enough on loan to go back to Rangers and be looked at in pre-season as a serious option. You have to consider the disappointment of being rejected by your club when you look at the way he behaved. I am prepared to be patient."

Let's hope so.

I'd hate to cast any aspersions on what's happened behind the scenes, but surely someone somewhere has told Charlie that he's simply not wanted.

If we haven't, it'd be an absolute disgrace. And if we have, Adam has acted shamefully.

Let's hope so.

I'd hate to cast any aspersions on what's happened behind the scenes, but surely someone somewhere has told Charlie that he's simply not wanted.

If we haven't, it'd be an absolute disgrace. And if we have, Adam has acted shamefully.

I think.

WS has tried to be a bit too diplomatic, assuming that sticking him out on loan and accepting an offer for him would be sufficient to let Adam know he wasn't needed.

He's now realised he would need to be a wee bit more blunt and told him to go and take a running fuck.

Any other manager would have told Adam to bugger off, Holloway has been very patient with him.

I cant believe how open he's been about Adam ignoring phonecalls etc...

It makes him look like a total walkover to still be pursuing him.

Any other manager would have told Adam to bugger off, Holloway has been very patient with him.

I cant believe how open he's been about Adam ignoring phonecalls etc...

It makes him look like a total walkover to still be pursuing him.

He's a patient guy.

Both his children are completely deaf, so he's probably learned his patience from there.

Scapegoat no 2 out the door and with broadfoot out until oct who are the so called rangers

fans going to blame next season !! Shameful giving the guy a hard time cos he doesnt want to

leave woudl you want to leave the gers to go to blackpool???? He is worth more than 500k as well

and was never given a chance in the middle of the park he is not fast enough to play wide its not

his game what he can do and people forget is ping the ball about and score goals and deliver corners

and free kicks !! we will never learn if some people had their way hutton would have been shipped out

as well before he got a decent chance to learn how to play his position where will it end

prediction Charlie Adam playing in the premiership if not this season then next

rant over

Scapegoat no 2 out the door and with broadfoot out until oct who are the so called rangers

fans going to blame next season !! Shameful giving the guy a hard time cos he doesnt want to

leave woudl you want to leave the gers to go to blackpool???? He is worth more than 500k as well

and was never given a chance in the middle of the park he is not fast enough to play wide its not

his game what he can do and people forget is ping the ball about and score goals and deliver corners

and free kicks !! we will never learn if some people had their way hutton would have been shipped out

as well before he got a decent chance to learn how to play his position where will it end

rant over

Please tell me - when was the last good freekick or corner he put in for us?

Charlie Adam's had more than enough chances.

rant over

100% agreed - still a young man as well.

rant over

Fuck so we're not allowed an opinion now..............

Charlie Adam is a lazy,overweight average player........and to mention the other one.Broadfoot is fuckin rank.But if you want a team made up of people like Adam and Broadfoot then go and watch Forfar

Charlie Adam had a wee purple patch when Le Guen and Stephane Wiertelak were constantly up his arse about diet, fitness and conditioning, and earned a five year deal. I was happy at the time because Adam was showing a lot of promise.

Looking at the pictures from then and comparing to now, he must have put about a stone back on.

It's telling that he thrives at clubs like St Mirren and Blackpool. I personally think he requires attention and is almost needy of the 'big fish in a little pond' scenario.

Sadly, he was nowhere near good or disciplined enough to ever get that at Rangers. Maybe he'll grow up one day and see the opportunity that he's pissed away.

Personally, gutted for Charlie when you think what it must be like to be told by your club (assuming he is a life long supporter) that you're not good enough. I know I'd be suicidal.

That said, he is a professional footballer that should know his time is up and to make the best of it and not drag it out. He ain't Ronaldo ffs.

Personally, gutted for Charlie when you think what it must be like to be told by your club (assuming he is a life long supporter) that you're not good enough. I know I'd be suicidal.

That said, he is a professional footballer that should know his time is up and to make the best of it and not drag it out. He ain't Ronaldo ffs.

Struggle to feel sorry for him.

To explain. I will have sympathy for big Kirk when he eventually goes, he gives absolutely EVERYTHING. He doesn't have the natural talent but tries to make up for it with determination and 100% commitment.

Adam is the exact opposite, he has the talent he just cant be fucked digging in and getting fit, losing weight etc...

He only has himself to blame. He'll realise that one day.

No true Rangers supporters wants to see a Rangers player fail, but it has become apparent after all his years at Ibrox the lad is not good enough at this stage of his career to remain at Ibrox and with the current economic climate we cannot continue to shell out on players who fail to produce a regularly performance or even have the basic skills of finding a team mate with a pass let alone at telling pass.

Had he put as much effort in on the park as he has off to stay at Rangers he could still be here.