All this bheggar spin is to take their minds off this . .

. . . ;):sherlock:

Moscow flop for Celtic would hand Rangers £2.6m bonus

by Alison McConnell

CELTIC will give Rangers a £2.6million European windfall if they don't rescue their Champions League dreams in Moscow next week.

A year after the Ibrox side gave their Old Firm rivals a similar boost by crashing out to Kaunas, it could be the Light Blues' turn to profit.

Uefa sets aside a TV cash pot of £5.8m for Scotland's Champions League participants - and Rangers have claimed £3.2m of that sum as title winners going straight into the group stages.

advertisement

But if Celtic don't reverse their first leg defeat against Dinamo Moscow and crash out, then their city rivals will bank the entire kitty giving them another £2.6m.

Should Tony Mowbray's side drop down into the Europa League next week they would still have to negotiate one qualification round - in which they would be seeded - to make it into FROM BACK PAGE the group phase of the re-vamped tournament.

If they get past Dinamo, and were then knocked out in the final Champions League qualifiers - where they could face the likes of Arsenal, Lyon or Stuttgart - they would go directly into the Europa League group stages.

The Europa League could still earn Celtic around £5m from gate receipts and TV monies if they went on a decent run but clearly there is a lot at stake financially next Wednesday in Russia.

And, after their one-goal success in Glasgow, Dinamo are determined to finish the job.

Goal hero Alexander Kokorin has warned that he wants more goals to seal the tie.

The 18-year-old declared: "The first thing I did when I got home was wash my jersey to have it framed.

"But I won't be hanging up my boots on the wall. God willing, those boots will help me score more goals in the second leg.

"It was a tough game and really tiring. Scoring the winner was difficult to take in at the time, but now I just want to get more goals and help us qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

"When I turned on my mobile phone after the game, I had lots of messages from my parents, friends and other relatives to congratulate me. I hope the same thing happens again next week."

But Dinamo's Argentinian defender, Leandro Fernandez, says that there is still work to be done against Mowbray's side in the Khimki Stadium.

He said: "It was a victory that belonged to every Dinamo player on the field. But we were under serious threat at times. Celtic attacked constantly from all angles and they were dogged in the number of balls they delivered into the box.

"But I think that in Moscow next week we will have an even more difficult game."

Meanwhile, Albanian Under-21 left back Franc Veliu claims he will arrive in Scotland next week for a trial with Celtic. He was part of the Flamurtari side dumped out of the Europa League by Motherwell earlier this month.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2523227.0.0.php

Always liked big Kherzakov, thought he was excellent first leg, got the assist if I'm not mistaken?

Not counting the chickens just yet, but it would put a massive smile on my face if the Russian's pumped them oot.

Good luck comrades.

. . . ;):sherlock:

Moscow flop for Celtic would hand Rangers £2.6m bonus

by Alison McConnell

CELTIC will give Rangers a £2.6million European windfall if they don't rescue their Champions League dreams in Moscow next week.

A year after the Ibrox side gave their Old Firm rivals a similar boost by crashing out to Kaunas, it could be the Light Blues' turn to profit.

Uefa sets aside a TV cash pot of £5.8m for Scotland's Champions League participants - and Rangers have claimed £3.2m of that sum as title winners going straight into the group stages.

advertisement

But if Celtic don't reverse their first leg defeat against Dinamo Moscow and crash out, then their city rivals will bank the entire kitty giving them another £2.6m.

Should Tony Mowbray's side drop down into the Europa League next week they would still have to negotiate one qualification round - in which they would be seeded - to make it into FROM BACK PAGE the group phase of the re-vamped tournament.

If they get past Dinamo, and were then knocked out in the final Champions League qualifiers - where they could face the likes of Arsenal, Lyon or Stuttgart - they would go directly into the Europa League group stages.

The Europa League could still earn Celtic around £5m from gate receipts and TV monies if they went on a decent run but clearly there is a lot at stake financially next Wednesday in Russia.

And, after their one-goal success in Glasgow, Dinamo are determined to finish the job.

Goal hero Alexander Kokorin has warned that he wants more goals to seal the tie.

The 18-year-old declared: "The first thing I did when I got home was wash my jersey to have it framed.

"But I won't be hanging up my boots on the wall. God willing, those boots will help me score more goals in the second leg.

"It was a tough game and really tiring. Scoring the winner was difficult to take in at the time, but now I just want to get more goals and help us qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

"When I turned on my mobile phone after the game, I had lots of messages from my parents, friends and other relatives to congratulate me. I hope the same thing happens again next week."

But Dinamo's Argentinian defender, Leandro Fernandez, says that there is still work to be done against Mowbray's side in the Khimki Stadium.

He said: "It was a victory that belonged to every Dinamo player on the field. But we were under serious threat at times. Celtic attacked constantly from all angles and they were dogged in the number of balls they delivered into the box.

"But I think that in Moscow next week we will have an even more difficult game."

Meanwhile, Albanian Under-21 left back Franc Veliu claims he will arrive in Scotland next week for a trial with Celtic. He was part of the Flamurtari side dumped out of the Europa League by Motherwell earlier this month.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2523227.0.0.php

More like this:

Rangers_champions_1413269c.jpg