If ever there was a statement made that we would improve the EPL

CF5LOYAL

There have been rumbling for years and years, would Rangers be able to enhance the "product" which is the EPL. Now I know opinion is divided on here whether we should go if invited but let's be honest after the weekend there who would object?

The top brass at sky must have been watching in awe as our support MADE the emirates tournament a success. If it wasn't for our fans it would have been just another pre-season tourny. And what delighted me most was after the Manchester troubles there was not one ounce of bother from the 15,000 strong travelling support. I can picture sky's top men saying to each other, imagine they were like this every weekend.

I tell you if Sky feel the EPL is slipping away behind la Liga in the coming years I know who they will be on the phone to bail them out.

spot on Jamie boy, most times u see Rangers play on Skysports wether is be the emirates cup of the CL, they always comment on the stadium noise.... ALWAYS, our growth as a club would skyrocket in the EPL and i believe the old firm could bring a new dimension to the EPL aswell (not bigotry) but alot of english clubs complain of their home stadiums being flat for volume only exceptions i see is Stokes and Portsmouths support. Our away support would boune of the home fans and get some noise generated in the flat stadiums.

Granted Ibrox can be shite for atmosphere aswell but i believe its because we are playing such small mediocre teams and we expect to win everytime we are there so we dont feel the need to urge the team on unless we are losing. In the CL we are the underdogs and thats why we urge the team on to rise up and get a superb result! which i believe would happen in the EPL aswell.

spot on Jamie boy, most times u see Rangers play on Skysports wether is be the emirates cup of the CL, they always comment on the stadium noise.... ALWAYS, our growth as a club would skyrocket in the EPL and i believe the old firm could bring a new dimension to the EPL aswell (not bigotry) but alot of english clubs complain of their home stadiums being flat for volume only exceptions i see is Stokes and Portsmouths support. Our away support would boune of the home fans and get some noise generated in the flat stadiums.

Granted Ibrox can be shite for atmosphere aswell but i believe its because we are playing such small mediocre teams and we expect to win everytime we are there so we dont feel the need to urge the team on unless we are losing. In the CL we are the underdogs and thats why we urge the team on to rise up and get a superb result! which i believe would happen in the EPL aswell.

THAT part would be removed, as, the nationwide exposure would further marginalise the pathetic timmy press up in Scotland, as was obvious at the weekend. In addition, I am sure timmy would make himself as welcome as they always are, and, the ira nonsense would be highlighted, given the viewers in the rest of the uk.

bit of a stupid mind set to have though isn't it ?

that's like saying, yeah I'll go to the match & sit quietly until the players entertain me. what happened to getting behind the team and singing encouragement ?

there's been a shite atmosphere at Ibrox for a few years now, cohesive singing & sober fan's would help the atmosphere. sometimes when your sat in the stands, some idiots can barely stand or speak cos they are that drunk.

bit of a stupid mind set to have though isn't it ?

that's like saying, yeah I'll go to the match & sit quietly until the players entertain me. what happened to getting behind the team and singing encouragement ?

there's been a shite atmosphere at Ibrox for a few years now, cohesive singing & sober fan's would help the atmosphere. sometimes when your sat in the stands, some idiots can barely stand or speak cos they are that drunk.

its stupid but its true, we are expectant to win every game at ibrox and thats why people sit about and dont sing, I would love to be in the Blue order section singing, u feel like a tit stadning up in a whole section singing urself unless of course i've had a few drinks :lol: - just the way it is mate, years and years of dominance over the SPL does that to be honest, Least in England some clubs have risen to the challenge and given the bigger clubs a run wiht their money with big money signings.

The point about Gers improving the gates/finances in the EPL is a fair one. Has anyone else formed an impression this summer that the big 4 EPL teams have not been as successfull in the transfor market as every one predicted.

The number of European players who didn,t show much enthusiaism for the EPL was noticeable. I,m sure a lot of that is due to the economic problems and also the tax rates in UK. Its early days yet but if this is the first signs of the money bubble bursting in England then the addition of the OF might be a saviour for them. Long shot I know but it might be an interesting thought.

They is no doubt in my mind that, given the choice, SKY would have Rangers and Celtic in the Premiership in an instant. But it's not their decision and no amount of positive coverage of our support will change the fact that most Premiership clubs don't want us there. Why? Because we are a threat.

A threat to their Premiership status, as we would undoubtedly command a top half finish every season. A threat to their money rights as we become huge in the marketting sector and therefore demand to see us would outweigh demand for the mid-table clubs. And most important of all, they are afraid that our tremendous support would simply embarrass most other clubs' support. With the exception of Man United, Liverpool and Portsmouth.

Apart from the top 4 i don't think any club would agree to us moving there, and while it would be great, it simply will not happen in the near future.

They is no doubt in my mind that, given the choice, SKY would have Rangers and Celtic in the Premiership in an instant. But it's not their decision and no amount of positive coverage of our support will change the fact that most Premiership clubs don't want us there. Why? Because we are a threat.

A threat to their Premiership status, as we would undoubtedly command a top half finish every season. A threat to their money rights as we become huge in the marketting sector and therefore demand to see us would outweigh demand for the mid-table clubs. And most important of all, they are afraid that our tremendous support would simply embarrass most other clubs' support. With the exception of Man United, Liverpool and Portsmouth.

Apart from the top 4 i don't think any club would agree to us moving there, and while it would be great, it simply will not happen in the near future.

Considering Sky pay over a billion pounds for their EPL contract never mind the few hunder million the championships etc ,I think Sky will have a very very big say in the format of the EPL! the biggest stumbling block is Uefa! not the EPL clubs, if we go to england then they will demand a team GB! but that wouldnt bother me so fuck it lets pack the bags?

I honestly dont think the bubble of the EPL is far away from bursting. Too many clubs heavily debt financed in a shrinking economy and clubs unable to attract the best foreign stars and the EPL's top foreign stars getting shipped out is down to the 50% tax situation. Is meltdown far away?

TBH ... turkeys don't vote for Christmas & letting the old firm into EPL would mean at least 2 clubs dropping out.

Uefa & Fifa are trying to get ALL major leagues to have a miaximum 18 team league to minimise the amount of games played ... that would mean 7 would have to drop out of the EPL to make way for us (3 relegation, 2 to make way for us & 2 to ensure the 18 teams), and another 5 would have drop of the championship to make way for them etc etc.

I beleive the only way for us to ever acheive EPL status is for us to play our way through the leagues ... it would take 5 years (at least) but we would get there.

id certainly be up for the EPL it would certainly earn us much more cash

however most of the gers fans are scotland based this weekend was like a wee holiday for our away fans

would most of our diehard fans travel every week to the games?, i wouldnt think so there for we would end up like the english teams with a shite support, i live in england and and would get to more matches n sing my heart out but the stronger support just wont be there